• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jdewyse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    I'd rather it be known that I am armed so I never am a target of a crime so tactical advantage never has to come into play. And I carried in walmart, and sppedway today.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    FYI Related to "Where did you OC?"

I noticed a web response to one of the threads on this website. It is a blog, and sounds as though it is from an officer and related to the issues while OC at the city market. Here is the website:

Just A Note To Indiana Gun Owners Blueguardian's Blog

It references this INGO thread:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...defense/34140-where_did_you_oc_today-203.html

I totally agree with this officer's opinion...but I already mentioned my opinion of the whole OC versus CC. I'm not intending to start another debate, just wanted to point this blog entry out in case people had not seen it. If this has already been posted, feel free to get rid of this! I tried sifting through the thread to see if it had been brought up, but I ran out of patience after page 210.....

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I noticed a web response to one of the threads on this website. It is a blog, and sounds as though it is from an officer and related to the issues while OC at the city market. Here is the website:

Just A Note To Indiana Gun Owners Blueguardian's Blog

It references this INGO thread:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...defense/34140-where_did_you_oc_today-203.html

I totally agree with this officer's opinion...but I already mentioned my opinion of the whole OC versus CC. I'm not intending to start another debate, just wanted to point this blog entry out in case people had not seen it. If this has already been posted, feel free to get rid of this! I tried sifting through the thread to see if it had been brought up, but I ran out of patience after page 210.....

If you didn't want to start another debate, you wouldn't have come into this thread to spread your garbage opinion, and that of those thugs at the City Market, that armed private citizens are automatically suspicious. Worse, you apparently share their opinion that law abiding Americans deserve to be stripped of 1st, 2nd, and 4th Amendment rights. Lovely.

Edit. Just read it again... did that ******* compare us to terrorists? And you agree with that opinion?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    And as for the ACTUAL topic of this thread.

OC'd at the Forum for lunch with wife and a friend. OC'd to the grocery store. OC'd at the gas station.

It was a nice warm day. Didn't feel like wearing a jacket, much to nice out for that!

Seeing as how Crawfordsville PD doesn't seem to routinely violate the law by stealing the private property of citizens, by illegally detaining them, and doesn't regard American citizens behaving within the confines of the law as terrorists, I had no negative interactions with them. Or anyone else, for that matter. In fact, all anyone wanted from me was my money.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I never OC but do to recent threads/conversations I decided to OC'd this evening at the Carmel Kroger and a couple other stores here in town. Nothing happened, no swat response, no cuffs, nothing. I had my spiel ready for anyone who questioned it but alas I was just a normal person buying milk. I don't know if this will be a everyday thing but I will admit it was a bit liberating.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have OC in the last month at:

Keybank on 86th street and county line
    Marsh on 86th street
    Dicks on 86th street
    Taco bell in Warsaw
    Ramada in Warsaw
    bennigans in Warsaw
    Old navy on 86th street
    Mclure gas satation just north of Kokomo
    Staples in Kokomo and on 86th street
    Sams club on 86th street
    Home depot on high school rd x3
    PB gas station on 71st street
    Speedway on 56th street
    walmart
    Mijer

I am sure I have left some out as well.....

Nothing has been said, some kids at Dicks next to me in line were talking to each other saying if it was real or not. Still no weird looks or cmplaints

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    I OC'd at the barber in Merrillville. It was funny because when i took off my coat the man in the barber's chair immediately said.
    "Where are you a police officer at?"

I told him I wasn't I carried it for personal protection. I asked him if he was a LEO, it turned out he was and worked in Gary.

When he left the barber started asking me questions on carrying. We had a good conversation and I think mellensdad is going to help him some more.

I also OC'd at The Pit Stop Smoke Shop in Merrillville, McDonald's, Wal-Mart In Bedford, Flying J in Indianapolis (IN 37 & 465)
    \Nobody even took a second look at me, but then of course I kinda look like a LEO.

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Never really thought about intentionally going OC as an education tool. I have carried both OC and CC since I got my first permit too many years ago at age 18. Have gotten questioned a few times, hassled once, and locked in one of those holdup vaults the banks installed as an entry way :): seems they are a metal detector and send a signal and someone can push a button and lock you in. When the LEO's arrived I had permit and DL pushed up to the glass for them to see and I was released on OR :laugh: The manager of that branch got a stern reprimand from the LEO's

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Never really thought about intentionally going OC as an education tool. I have carried both OC and CC since I got my first permit too many years ago at age 18. Have gotten questioned a few times, hassled once, and locked in one of those holdup vaults the banks installed as an entry way :): seems they are a metal detector and send a signal and someone can push a button and lock you in. When the LEO's arrived I had permit and DL pushed up to the glass for them to see and I was released on OR :laugh: The manager of that branch got a stern reprimand from the LEO's

OK, this is something I've wondered about for some time. Are you telling me you were in the entryway to a bank, and they locked you between two sets of doors? Were you prevented from leaving? If so, what bank was it?

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    If you didn't want to start another debate, you wouldn't have come into this thread to spread your garbage opinion, and that of those thugs at the City Market, that armed private citizens are automatically suspicious. Worse, you apparently share their opinion that law abiding Americans deserve to be stripped of 1st, 2nd, and 4th Amendment rights. Lovely.

Edit. Just read it again... did that ******* compare us to terrorists? And you agree with that opinion?

First of all man, I didn't put that in this thread originally. I posted it in a separate thread because I thought people might want to read what someone wrote about this thread, so they could make their own comments and discussion. It was apparently moved here.

I have every right to form my own opinion. What scares me is that someone like you is capable of taking that blog entry and somehow blow it so out of proprtion - it's like you can't even see the issue from the other side or even see where the officer is coming from. I think what's is important is that we can always see both sides of an argument even if we don't agree with it. I agree with him - and apparently based upon my negative rep, people with my opinion of preferring cc over oc for the reasons he stated in that article are not wanted here, so I will just go back to the message boards for regular sheeple. Sorry I bothered you so much.

Jamie

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    OK, this is something I've wondered about for some time. Are you telling me you were in the entryway to a bank, and they locked you between two sets of doors? Were you prevented from leaving? If so, what bank was it?

Yes, it is a safety lockdown in case they are being robbed. At that point I was CC so that tells me they had a metal detector. I had a SW .41 mag in a shoulder rig with a light jacket on. They did a lockdown and called the LEO's. When LEO's arrived as I said I had permit and DL held up to the door glass. They called in my info, got reply, told bank manager to unlock doors. I went in and did my banking business and overheard manager getting reamed for doing a lockdown on a citizen who wasn't brandishing a firearm. It was Indiana National Bank at the time, the lockdowns were fairly new, but it is/was in a bad neighborhood at 38th and Post in Indy.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    First of all man, I didn't put that in this thread originally. I posted it in a separate thread because I thought people might want to read what someone wrote about this thread, so they could make their own comments and discussion. It was apparently moved here.

I have every right to form my own opinion. What scares me is that someone like you is capable of taking that blog entry and somehow blow it so out of proprtion - it's like you can't even see the issue from the other side or even see where the officer is coming from. I think what's is important is that we can always see both sides of an argument even if we don't agree with it. I agree with him - and apparently based upon my negative rep, people with my opinion of preferring cc over oc for the reasons he stated in that article are not wanted here, so I will just go back to the message boards for regular sheeple. Sorry I bothered you so much.

Jamie

You know full well the issue isn't whether you prefer CC or OC, or seeing it from his point of view. His point of view is that I, a former police officer, a decorated veteran, a man who has gone to war for this country, am automatically to be compared to a terrorist, automatically to forfeit my rights to not be harassed when I violate no law simply for exercising my rights. You are correct. You are free to hold any opinion you wish. I've killed people for you to be able to exercise that right.

What you are NOT free to do is tell me I'm automatically equated to a criminal or a terrorist and not get some pushback. You are free to express yourself, so am I. Whether you and your buddy like that or not.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Yes, it is a safety lockdown in case they are being robbed. At that point I was CC so that tells me they had a metal detector. I had a SW .41 mag in a shoulder rig with a light jacket on. They did a lockdown and called the LEO's. When LEO's arrived as I said I had permit and DL held up to the door glass. They called in my info, got reply, told bank manager to unlock doors. I went in and did my banking business and overheard manager getting reamed for doing a lockdown on a citizen who wasn't brandishing a firearm. It was Indiana National Bank at the time, the lockdowns were fairly new, but it is/was in a bad neighborhood at 38th and Post in Indy.

I can see them not letting you in but to hold you was illegal, I know if they held me against my will I'm would not have been happy.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008

Carrying a mod57 in a shoulder rig, color me impressed:rockwoot:

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    I can see them not letting you in but to hold you was illegal, I know if they held me against my will I'm would not have been happy.

I was cracking up laughing actually. The LEO kind of chuckled when he saw the permit up to the window when he walked up. I can see their side of it, safety of their customers and employees, plus it was a new toy at the time.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I understand exercising our rights as legal gun owners, however I don't like giving up my tactical advantage. I prefer to not let an adversary know that I have a gun.
    We need a smiley that shows a big ol hand smackin a noob right in the face!:D

I pwn page 108!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom