Not open for further replies.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Range on the SE side of Indy? :dunno:
    Where would that be?

Jim Heath is an NRA instructor and retired cop. He has an outdoor range (south of Acton) available to those who have taken a class from him – and I believe he rents it out to various LEA. He's a great guy, and he has put together a nice outdoor range. 10 or so lanes w/ steel plates for pistol and rifle, metal target frames, shed with heat/ac, coffee maker, the whole nine yards.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Jim Heath is an NRA instructor and retired cop. He has an outdoor range (south of Acton) available to those who have taken a class from him – and I believe he rents it out to various LEA. He's a great guy, and he has put together a nice outdoor range. 10 or so lanes w/ steel plates for pistol and rifle, metal target frames, shed with heat/ac, coffee maker, the whole nine yards.

Heck, I'd take a class from him to use the range...how do we get in contact with him?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I know I've said it before... but this "No OC at Simon Mall" thing comes up a lot. I've been OC'ing to the Greenwood Park Mall for two years now, and I've not once been approached by a vendor, shop owner, or security.

I guess I've been extremely lucky?
    I don't know for sure about that particular mall. I have had a conversation with one security guy at the Muncie Mall (Simon) that asked me to cover or leave, and no problems at the Ft. Wayne mall at all. Just say the two security guys in the food section scanning and struck up a conversation with them for a minute. They were watching a couple of guys that they suspected of carrying CC. I stood right next to them CC, and they didn't notice.

All they can really do is ask if you have a firearm on you. Simply reply no. They can't legally search you and if they try, let them, but verbally refuse and make sure others around you hear your refusal. You now have them for impersonating a police officer and assault.
    Yep, I agree. As I wrote above, I've never had trouble at the two Simon malls that I have been to. Just reporting that I've seen the sign at Ft. Wayne.

Cheers!

Spook

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Heck, I'd take a class from him to use the range...how do we get in contact with him?

Custom Cop Corporation
    7731E 1000N Road
    Indianapolis, in 46259

(317) 862-3237

Cost of the class is $50 and they supply the ammo. I don't have his phone number on me but I do have it at home. It is a very nice place. Even met at couple of fellow INGO members there at a competition shoot.

Last edited:

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    For those vets of OC this might seem Rhetoric, or old hat, but those of us who are baby stepping the OC still have that tingle in our loins and feel like boasting a bit. So instead of having a ever growing list of new threads about OC'ing and where, or if your new to CC, this could be your place too.

:patriot: Where did you OC today? :patriot:

What was your experience?
    last week I OC's all the way through WV, my wife thought I was going to jail for a billion years. When i explained to her that I had to OC in WV because I didn't have a recognized CC permit for WV she thought I was crazy. I just laughed all the way home.

emst52

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lafayette, In
    Oc today the the Great Wall in Fort Wayne also at The Dunhums in Walbash was looking at some Mosin Nagants think i may buy one soon and then at a citco station in Delphi headed to walmart now

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Carmel Subway 116th street. Carmel officer was inside, a younger guy. Just a glance.

Dammit. OC is BORING. I want a cop to at least ASK about it -_-

:P

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Carmel Subway 116th street. Carmel officer was inside, a younger guy. Just a glance.

Why? Sounds to me like the cops in your neck of the woods (like the ones in mine) are doing things right. You've won. If you want attention, wear pink leotards and a purple wig.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009

And I just want the cops to act just like that Carmel officer did.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Why? Sounds to me like the cops in your neck of the woods (like the ones in mine) are doing things right. You've won. If you want attention, wear pink leotards and a purple wig.

Honestly, getting into OC a couple years back, after reading threads like this... I was very pessimistic about the knowledge that some law enforcement and businesses had about it. I expected to be asked constantly about it... But its only been positive. Only cop interaction has been when I get pulled over, and business interaction has been conversational and positive.

I guess that's how it should be ideally, but I rarely consider those around me (especially all the left-leaning) to keep so quiet.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg

Pull it out of the holster and spin it on your finger a few like in they did the "Wild West" movies. That will get you alot of attention real fast. Maybe walk into the Federal Building downtown. That'll have you in a room with a cop or two asking you all kinds of questions.

Last I knew most of the members here on INGO wanted positive/lawful reactions to people O.C.'ing, not negative/unlawful reactions.

reeceman1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    westside indy
    I understand exercising our rights as legal gun owners, however I don't like giving up my tactical advantage. I prefer to not let an adversary know that I have a gun.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I understand exercising our rights as legal gun owners, however I don't like giving up my tactical advantage. I prefer to not let an adversary know that I have a gun.

Well, then, since you didn't OC today, it's kind of silly to have posted in this thread instead of one of the OC vs CC threads.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom