• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jdewyse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Has anyone ever had a problem with OC? I have a 6 inch revolver, and was wondering if this would cause a roit in the streets.:dunno:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Has anyone ever had a problem with OC? I have a 6 inch revolver, and was wondering if this would cause a roit in the streets.:dunno:

For the most part no, but their are a few overzealous LEO's out there that will get upset by the OCing of any gun.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

No, but if you choose to do so it is a possibility you must be prepared for. Not all police officers and private citizens support freedom and the Constitution.

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN

Might want to stay away from the city market. Either that or we need to show up 100 strong and make them work for it. Can you imagine....? Now THAT would be funny!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Might want to stay away from the city market. Either that or we need to show up 100 strong and make them work for it. Can you imagine....? Now THAT would be funny!

One hundred people, all refusing to answer any questions beyond producing ID, LTCH, and laughing out loud at the folks hassling them.

It would be fun to see how apoplectic poor little thugs would get at not having the little people bow down to them LOL. And knowing that their buddies watching the show will continue the torture long after we are gone....

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    OC'd at Friendship Baptist Church to vote, then PNC Bank for a money order, on to Dapper Dudes for a haircut, and finally Burger King.

The bacon was a bit underdone.

-1 Burger King

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Haven't seen a post from you in a while! Is Lutheran a hospital? If so, I thought any type of carrying was off limits in a hospital.

Hey, man! Yeah, I've not been on here as much lately: got other things (plus a girl :yesway: ) to spend my time on.

Yep, Lutheran refers to a hospital in town. And, as Joe Williams and ATM answered already, there's nothing in the Indiana Code prohibiting carry at hospitals.

Indiana Code does not list hospitals as a prohibited area.

Yes, hospitals are fine, but a few of them may have signs which say something to the effect of:

Sometimes they even have a picture of a gun and something that resembles a long lead pipe or a board or something over it with a circle around them.

Long lead pipes are harder to conceal.

;)

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I visited my brother and his wife in the Lancaster, Pennsylvania area the past few days. Out of respect for them and their desire to not have to deal with LEO encounters, I CC'd most of the time, but on my travel days I OC'd in the gas stations, turnpike plazas, and even a beer mart (yes, I brought back some Yuengling!). No problems, just a few glances. Thanks to the big PA for honoring my Indiana LTCH! Still need to get my Utah permit so I don't have to disarm before passing through Ohio (booooo Ohio...).

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    OC in Ohio is legal, without a license, except in your car, IIRC.

I OC'd today to the polls. I expected to see LEOs (I think there's been at least one there in the past) but no LEO presence. There were also no politicians or anyone asking for votes outside, either when I walked in, or when I walked out six or seven minutes later.

I will be honest, though, I had to do the Virginia tuck. The sweatshirt I was wearing automatically makes me CC without it. I did get a couple of looks, but not one person said a thing to me. I was kind of disappointed, I'd been working on my response of "because I'm exercising my constitutional right to protect my constitutional rights to exercise my constitutional rights." I was hoping it'd be utterly confusing and befuddling to anyone asking why or admonishing me for OCing that they'd have to think really hard as I walked away to understand.

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    OC in Ohio is legal, without a license, except in your car, IIRC.

I OC'd today to the polls. I expected to see LEOs (I think there's been at least one there in the past) but no LEO presence. There were also no politicians or anyone asking for votes outside, either when I walked in, or when I walked out six or seven minutes later.

I will be honest, though, I had to do the Virginia tuck. The sweatshirt I was wearing automatically makes me CC without it. I did get a couple of looks, but not one person said a thing to me. I was kind of disappointed, I'd been working on my response of "because I'm exercising my constitutional right to protect my constitutional rights to exercise my constitutional rights." I was hoping it'd be utterly confusing and befuddling to anyone asking why or admonishing me for OCing that they'd have to think really hard as I walked away to understand.

The other response I prefer to give is, "For my own protection."

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    The other response I prefer to give is, "For my own protection."

Generally my response is somewhere between "because I don't want to rely on cops to protect me" and "because I can't carry a cop".

I just wanted to have a situationally appropriate response, to annoy people and be generally irritating.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Wal-Mart on Rockville road yesterday (11/03). Only got a scared reaction from a couple that looked like they were from India from the way they were dressed. They came to a dead stop, stared for a few seconds then doubled back. The other guy behind me wearing a USMC sweatshirt just laughed and shook his head.

OC'ed in Chase bank on E. Main st in B-burg. Had one person ask if I was allowed to carry "that". I explained the laws to her and she said "Oh ok. I just moved here from New Jersey and I wasn't for sure."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom