• ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Sam's Club and Walmart. Picked up some 9mm. Cashier asked about my sidearm, said he was looking for a Beretta. Had to wait in line at the ammo counter because some couple were buying their entire grocery cart there... fffffffff....
    WTF is up with that? People do that at the pharmacy too. I may ask if I can slip in one or two items, but more than that is unreasonable.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Last night I took My 6 year old daughter to Chick-fil-A @ Erskine Commons for their annual "daddy-daughter date night." After we got our picture taken, we were walking back to sit down and one of the cashiers (a guy who looked about 16) said
    "Excuse me sir"
    I said, "Yes?"
    "What gun is that?"
    (with a smile) "It's a Ruger SR1911"
    "Oh, ok. one of the guys thought that's what it was" (very approving look on his face).

After we ate, we stopped at Lowes and picked up a potted impatiens.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Last night I took My 6 year old daughter to Chick-fil-A @ Erskine Commons for their annual "daddy-daughter date night." After we got our picture taken, we were walking back to sit down and one of the cashiers (a guy who looked about 16) said
    "Excuse me sir"
    I said, "Yes?"
    "What gun is that?"
    (with a smile) "It's a Ruger SR1911"
    "Oh, ok. one of the guys thought that's what it was" (very approving look on his face).

After we ate, we stopped at Lowes and picked up a potted impatiens.

I've always had a good experience at CFA at Erskine Commons. Even had a couple good conversations with the manager there about firearms. He told me he likes it when law abiding gun owners come in to his store open carrying because he knows it keeps the bad guys away.

:+1:

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Friday night to JW Chens for Chinese. It's across the parking lot from Betwixt the Cheeks on 23 over by the campus of ND. Good food. I recommend it but if you like spicy you have to tell them you like it super hot just to get it good.

Yesterday, Kabelins' Ace and CVS on Ireland.

Ho hum. Nothing happened. Nothing at all. No looks. No comments. You know, the usual.

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I open carry somewhat regularly in the Yats in Greenwood. They have a pic of Don Davis behind the register. :) I've had some great conversations with the employees there about carrying. They have some good folks working there. It's been years since I've been to the one on Mass (since the old store).

The employees always seem to be pretty grounded people, but given that the location on Mass Ave is typically awash with liberals and hipsters, I was a little more conscious about it. Good experience though!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Big Father's Day today. Started out at Towyard Brewing downtown, then to Outliers Brewing Co. After that, headed down to Mashcraft in Greenwood, then over to BW3.

Bunch of great beers and a great day.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yesterday I saw a guy walking from a gas pump toward one of the two Pilot stores at the I-70 Brazil exit. He had a wallet in his hand and I was carrying openly. I told him to give me his wallet. The wallet was too big, so I didn't accept it when he offered it to me. I went inside for a soda and he paid for his gas.

He didn't say goodbye, so I texted him.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Yesterday I saw a guy walking from a gas pump toward one of the two Pilot stores at the I-70 Brazil exit. He had a wallet in his hand and I was carrying openly. I told him to give me his wallet. The wallet was too big, so I didn't accept it when he offered it to me. I went inside for a soda and he paid for his gas.

He didn't say goodbye, so I texted him.

in the context of OC, this makes me go :scratch:.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I've always had a good experience at CFA at Erskine Commons. Even had a couple good conversations with the manager there about firearms. He told me he likes it when law abiding gun owners come in to his store open carrying because he knows it keeps the bad guys away.

:+1:

I OC at the Plainfield CFA all the time. The manager always gives me a :thumbsup: when he sees me.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Salesman at HHgregg today jokingly told me, "you know you have a gun on your hip".

So I spun around in circles going, "where is is, where is it?"

We had a good laugh.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    Hamilton Town Center at Old Navy. I asked the gent what he was carrying since I could not make it out. He only said " a Browning" and then covered it with his shirt. Perhaps I drew undo attention to the firearm??? Seemed like a nice guy though. I did not get a chance to talk to him more.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Top Bottom