• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    I accidentally AIWB-OC'd this evening... I was still in my work uniform and had to run to the bank ATM to make a withdraw. Since I wasn't planning on exiting the car, I clipped on my AIWB rig with my polo still tucked in and headed out. Without thinking about it, I stopped at the gas station for a drink on the way home.

I felt dirty and ashamed when I realized it had happened, and then I began to feel disappointed that no one hassled me or lectured me so I could have started an epic thread about it.

Dear dirty and ashamed:
    When someone carries in the berries, size does matter. Lets say it was a snuby, then plainly, the weather effects the size. But if it was some 12" .44 mag or full sized 1911 hanging out in the wind: Ashamed should never be the outcome. If you got it, flaunt it.

Epic thread....Hmm

OH yea, open carried today at target, and Little Ceasers. Felt good to be an American.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Walked around Greenwood yesterday. Stopped at Kroger last night. One trashy looking guy seemed to follow me around the store. SA up.

Today, Khols. Now sitting in Main St Grille

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yesterday afternoon I was in the parking lot of the Hardee's in Brazil. A car with women in the front two seats (didn't notice the back) drove by and saw me. One of them said lodly enough for me to hear, ". . . HE's packing," with the emphasis on "he." I think that meant she was noting I specifically was carrying, not that she was surprised by someone carrying a firearm. Makes me wonder what the conversation was about before and after that!

Inside, I enjoyed one of the best Monster Burgers I've ever had. Well done, Brazil Hardee's!

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Was at menards no problems OC'ing and then payless no problems OC'ing then rickers no problems OC'ing, come out of rickers and some white dude on a harley getting gas was OC'ing we nodded and I went on my way home ... Its a very nice day out with no problems, did get a few looks but nobody freaked out and screamed or anything and no crappy looks ..

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just left Arbys Cashier walked over and asked what I was carrying, then said he was watching the news about the recently killed officer, and they showed a view from inside Dons Guns. Wonder which news station would focus on that?

Anyway, he said he saw a rifle on the wall of the store, and he thought people weren't allowed to buy those... Thought they were military only.

There was to much to cover to get granular with him, but I let him know normal people can have them too.

Also, OCd at the new Cheddars in Greenwood yesterday. Good salmon.

tflgen2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Westside
    OC'd yesterday at the chili's in Plainfield. Zero looks were given. Nobody commented. We (wife and I, not gun and I) just had a nice dinner together. Also OC'd at Dick's and around Metropolis. Nobody had any issues.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    A guy asked me if I was a private citizen or LEO while filling my drink cup at Penn Station in Brownsburg at lunch today. When I told him I was a private citizen he thanked me for carrying and said he wished more people did. My reply: "Me too".

:rockwoot:

Some people get it. I didn't ask him if he was carrying, though.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The Taco Bell in Mooresville yesterday. I did get the suspicious evil eye from two different patrons, but I think they were just jealous. Ironically, the mom with 5 kids was super friendly while we were commiserating over 5y/o children not paying attention (after mine spilled his drink all over the floor). She didn't bat an eye.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Waiting for my Sausage & Egg McMuffin (sub folded egg) a guy came up to me and asked "Is that a Taser?" I replied "No". "Oh, a handgun?" . "Yep"

End of encounter. Enjoyed my #2.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Mark your calendars, everyone - I've finally been spotted.

FINALLY! :rockwoot:

Over the last couple of weeks, I have been OCing in both Muncie Walmarts, Lowes, Menards, Tractor Supply Company, Rural King, Vitamin Shoppe, and various Muncie gas stations. No issues of any kind. I am extra careful to be cleanly dressed, polite, friendly, and to not fidget with my securely holstered gun. I don't believe that a person has to be dressed in their Sunday best but I think appearance and demeanor can go a long way to reducing any potential issues.

The initial nervousness when I first started OCing ten weeks ago has worn off and now it doesn't bother me to be walking around with my weapon in plain sight. It is quite exhilarating actually to be this open and casual about something I truly believe in. :)

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Doc appointment this morning, so tossed the 642 in my pocket for that visit.

Pulled over on the way to work on 465. 3 motorcycle cops in a row, spaced apart. Lovely. Turned my dash cam around, honest about speeding, and told him I had a gun on my right side where I had to get my license from. He said "OK", went back, and lowered my speed violation to reduce points on me. Woo.

Merged back into traffic and continued at the pace I was driving before getting pulled over, with the rest of traffic -_-

Went to a different Rickers for coffee. Cashier assumed I was LEO, tried to give it for free.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Walked around Greenwood yesterday. Stopped at Kroger last night. One trashy looking guy seemed to follow me around the store. SA up.

Today, Khols. Now sitting in Main St Grille

Sorry about that. I was trying to determine what kind of gun it was without being too obvious.

Top Bottom