• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Main Event for lunch. Had a nice chat with owner who is pro-carry as long as there is no coonfingering in his pub. Showed him the classic "Attention Idiots" sign. He got a kick out of that. I wouldn't be surprised to see one there soon.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Main Event for lunch. Had a nice chat with owner who is pro-carry as long as there is no coonfingering in his pub. Showed him the classic "Attention Idiots" sign. He got a kick out of that. I wouldn't be surprised to see one there soon.
    You must be talking about this one. :):

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    A beautiful day for OC around the Indy Southside. This evening, CVS and McDonalds at Edgewood and Madison. Then Menards, Meijer, Noble Romans Pizza at Southport Road and Emerson. A couple of Sheriff Deputies were walking out of Meijer as I was walking in and one gave me a nod. Not sure if either saw the G17.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    All along downtown Madison, in and out of shops with the family.

Had some frozen yogurt with the kids and misses in "The Real Peppermint" stopped in "Safari Chocolate" and browsed the sweets, Went in another shop that had it's basement made into the coolest "wildlife trail" I've seen.

At that last one, going in a gentleman stopped me and paid me a compliment on my carry piece asking what it was. I told him it was an 1851 Navy or .36 caliber. As I went in he motioned to a lady and another gentleman in his group and pointed me out to them as I was passing by and we spoke pleasantly for a minute about the firearm before me catching up to keep an eye on the kids.

After this we went to the Hanover library for an hour or so, and then went and had supper at Jendy's Pizzeria.

Earlier this week at a laundromat I turned from helping my daughter with the vending machine and a fellow caught my attention and said he was glad to see someone open carrying. I said thank you. He then followed up with, "Ya know, if everyone did that we wouldn't have the problems we do now". When I got my kids settled and turned he had left.

So far nothing but positives and compliments.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Stacked Pickle last night. Was very busy. Manager and waiter gave me some eyes, but never said anything.

Probably taking the dogs around the neighborhood later today.

Looks like the thread is picking up due to the warm weather.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Meijer & Menards in Camby, as well as my front yard in Camby, and all over the property in Trafalger.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    :rockwoot:

There is no need to unload at Bradis anymore... Their new signs simply ask patrons to leave loaded guns in their holsters :rockwoot:

Here's the sign:

IMG_20140413_120031.jpg

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Marsh, Menards and Olive Garden in Lafayette. As my wife, daughter and I were walking out a gentleman stopped me and I knew as soon as I saw the look on his face what I was in for.....

He smiled and said he loves a man who isn't afraid to OC. How he said it I wasn't sure if I should be :rockwoot:or :wrongdoor:My wife said "then stay out of Hu Hots" then as we were walking away looked at me and said "That's why you carry it, isn't it?" I told her no but it is a fringe benefit.

ETA There was a younger couple that came out when I was outside waiting to be seated who looked at me and then went to the bench on the other side of the door to sit down. I'm not sure if it was my pistol or cigarette though. The bench closest to me (by the ashtray) was open, the other bench already had a couple seated on it. Although the family that came by a couple of minutes later had no problem with sitting on the bench by me with their young (5-6yr old :nailbite: :runaway:) daughter. Oh and it wasn't today it was last Friday, but I'm just getting around to posting today.

Today so far, Kroger, Walmart, R&M. All in Monticello. Nothing happened.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just Rickers/BP this morning so far.

Man came in behind me with a police t-shirt and police coat on, but I didn't see a police car outside. Didn't say anything behind me in line.

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    As I was pumping gas, I was startled by a 1st amendment advocate, screaming across the parking lot, F*** Yes, 2nd Amendment rocks. I looked up from the gas pump, told him to get a haircut.

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    Enzos, Kroger. Same old boring day.

Then a couple minutes after I got home, someone rang the bell. Wasn't expecting anyone, so I holstered and went to answer. It was a direct tv saleperson. So uninformed and brainwashed. After staring for about 30 seconds he says "heh, guns make me nervous". To which I responded, "they make me very comfortable, and they are legal to carry how I please." And he says back "im suprised you live in Indiana, we have some of the most strict gun laws in the country"

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    BP this morning and this afternoon.

Guy standing outside BP as I was walking to my car said, "NRA convention coming to town!" I made a bit of NRA smalltalk with him. Asked for change, didn't have any on me though.

For a guy asking for money, he was very upbeat and kind about it.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    BP this morning and this afternoon.

Guy standing outside BP as I was walking to my car said, "NRA convention coming to town!" I made a bit of NRA smalltalk with him. Asked for change, didn't have any on me though.

For a guy asking for money, he was very upbeat and kind about it.

He was probly gonna use it to flip some .22 in the classifieds :banana:

Top Bottom