• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    I just got back from wal-mart. It was my first time oc. No one said anything to me and didnt notice any stares. I was disappointed when I got home to find my holster empy. knew I shouldnt have gone to the toy section.

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    I just got back from wal-mart. It was my first time oc. No one said anything to me and didnt notice any stares. I was disappointed when I got home to find my holster empy. knew I shouldnt have gone to the toy section.

indiana-jones-popcorn.gif

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Kroger yesterday. Just left BP this morning. Cashier tried to give me free coffee because she thought I was an officer. Damn my honesty and morals.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    The gas station next door to Bradis. Bradis II and Bradis. Huntington Bank ATM on Kentucky Avenue. McDonald's on Green street in Brownsburg... As usual, uneventful. The way I like it.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Five Guys in Brownsburg just now... My Glock 19's table manners were impeccable.

UPDATE: My Glock's table manners were much better than the table manners of the young couple with the young boy (maybe 3 years old) seated up front by the windows. The guys I was meeting for lunch told me the parents picked up the kid and turned him around so he couldn't see my sidearm while scowling and giving me the stink eye while I was ordering. They were so upset by my being armed my friends were afraid they were going to call the cops. I wish they would have. I need the practice handling LEO encounters while OC. Still a virgin on that one, LOL...

As it turned out, I actually briefly conversed with the couple (from two tables away) with no mention of the pistol. Nor did I mention the fact their allowing their young son to stand on his chair was far more potentially dangerous than my being armed. They should feel safer with me around, not threatened.

Oh yeah, I also OCd in Premier Arms. Had to pick up a couple of Glock 19 mags for Friday Night Steel. $5 more than Bradis ($32.99 vs. $27.99) but I bit the bullet anyway since time and gasoline to get down there even that out a bit.

Last edited:

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I was carrying IWB today as usual, but wearing one of those insulated flannel shirts that was open. Stopped to eat at Penn Station in Broad Ripple and sat down to eat. Got hot and took my flannel off to finish eating. When I got up to leave, I reached down and grabbed my flannel to put back on. Just then some old lady a couple booths away shouted "GUN, GUN!" I didn't even look over to acknowledge her and just put my jacket back on and headed for the door. Workers there told me to have a nice day.

Later at home I went back out to my Jeep to get some things out of the back. I was IWB still, but uncovered and just wearing a tucked in tshirt. There was a gaggle of guys hanging out where they always do across the street and one house down. I was listening to their banter with my back towards them as there were a few guys saying things like "whas he gotta have it all hangin out in the open like that" and other things directed towards me. Just minded my own business and went back in the house.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I stopped by The Bottle Shop (liquor store) in So. Broad Ripple to pick up some beer for my wife and her friends who are going to see Cher @ Bankers Life tonight.

Fortunately my side arm didn't jump out of the holster and hold up the joint.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I was carrying IWB today as usual, but wearing one of those insulated flannel shirts that was open. Stopped to eat at Penn Station in Broad Ripple and sat down to eat. Got hot and took my flannel off to finish eating. When I got up to leave, I reached down and grabbed my flannel to put back on. Just then some old lady a couple booths away shouted "GUN, GUN!" I didn't even look over to acknowledge her and just put my jacket back on and headed for the door. Workers there told me to have a nice day.

Later at home I went back out to my Jeep to get some things out of the back. I was IWB still, but uncovered and just wearing a tucked in tshirt. There was a gaggle of guys hanging out where they always do across the street and one house down. I was listening to their banter with my back towards them as there were a few guys saying things like "whas he gotta have it all hangin out in the open like that" and other things directed towards me. Just minded my own business and went back in the house.

If someone says "gun, gun", you should say, "very good. Tomorrow we can learn Dog and Cat."

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    If someone says "gun, gun", you should say, "very good. Tomorrow we can learn Dog and Cat."

She was a little 'ole lady, I just let it slide. I was sitting next to the door and saw everyone who had entered, so I knew she was talking about me. I figured just going on with my life and casually exiting without a disturbance was hopefully lesson enough for her to maybe not jump to conclusions next time.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, I OC most everywhere, and don't post here cause it's no big deal.
    But, I just OCd at Cabela's in Hammond. I know, OC in a gun store, no big deal.

But, I had three positive interactions.
    I don't think I've had three interactions in a year. Now 3 in a day.

1. A man stopped to ask me about how to get a license.
    2. A man asked me about OCing, do I get hassled, and what's it like.
    3. Posen, IL officer asked about OCing. We talked a little about Indiana vs. Illinois law.

Top Bottom