• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Few places. Wing n It last night, awful service as usual. One very drunk guy at bar stared for a while.

BP today. Worker starting to recognize me, got some nice words.

Walked into PNC on 86th. No security... But when I walked out, there was security waiting at door. Just said "have a nice day", I responded likewise.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've got a beauty for you all... This just happened maybe a half hour ago in the McDonald's on Green St. in Brownsburg. I was at the soda fountain filling a cup and decided to strike up a conversation with the guy OCing next to me, who was also filling his cup. All I did was ask him what he was carrying - big mistake!

He reached for his weapon (in a thumb break OWB leather holster). I asked him to please not unholster his weapon as he snapped the thumb break open. He replied, "it's okay" and withdrew the weapon.

Bear with me, this gets worse. "40 Smith and Wesson" he proudly says as he rolls the weapon ejection-port side down so I can see the markings on the slide. In doing so, he covered his own abdomen with the muzzle for several seconds (or what seemed like forever).

I was kind of freaked out and excused myself while backing away. He was kind of holding the pistol pinched between his thumb and forefinger just behind the trigger guard and I was afraid he was going to drop it right there at our feet.

I then politely told him my weapon stays in its holster unless I need it as we went our separate ways. Now, I wonder if he's here on INGO...

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I've got a beauty for you all... This just happened maybe a half hour ago in the McDonald's on Green St. in Brownsburg. I was at the soda fountain filling a cup and decided to strike up a conversation with the guy OCing next to me, who was also filling his cup. All I did was ask him what he was carrying - big mistake!

He reached for his weapon (in a thumb break OWB leather holster). I asked him to please not unholster his weapon as he snapped the thumb break open. He replied, "it's okay" and withdrew the weapon.

Bear with me, this gets worse. "40 Smith and Wesson" he proudly says as he rolls the weapon ejection-port side down so I can see the markings on the slide. In doing so, he covered his own abdomen with the muzzle for several seconds (or what seemed like forever).

I was kind of freaked out and excused myself while backing away. He was kind of holding the pistol pinched between his thumb and forefinger just behind the trigger guard and I was afraid he was going to drop it right there at our feet.

I then politely told him my weapon stays in its holster unless I need it as we went our separate ways. Now, I wonder if he's here on INGO...

I hope this is an April Fools joke...

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    No joke, this really happened. He also said he got the pistol when he worked as a security guard and still carries it even though he does not do that job any more. I gave my G19 a tug to show how my holster retains it as I told him that's where it stays unless I need it. I really wanted to give him an earful but decided the better course of action would be to disengage ASAP so he would re-holster and move on, which is what he did.

Cueing Kirk Freeman in 3, 2, 1... This was classic coonfingering. Next time I'll be more careful about striking up a conversation with someone who carries and I'll probably not ask what he or she is carrying. The urge to "show it" in public puzzles me. We don't walk around waving our tallywackers at each other in public. Most of us leave them "holstered" unless we mean to do business with them. Our handguns should be treated the same way. In the holster (OC or CC) unless it's business time.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Come on, you didn't have to tell everyone.

I just wanted to make sure you could see it really well.

But seriously,

Rav8F.gif

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL

No joke, this really happened. He also said he got the pistol when he worked as a security guard and still carries it even though he does not do that job any more. I gave my G19 a tug to show how my holster retains it as I told him that's where it stays unless I need it. I really wanted to give him an earful but decided the better course of action would be to disengage ASAP so he would re-holster and move on, which is what he did.

Cueing Kirk Freeman in 3, 2, 1... This was classic coonfingering. Next time I'll be more careful about striking up a conversation with someone who carries and I'll probably not ask what he or she is carrying. The urge to "show it" in public puzzles me. We don't walk around waving our tallywackers at each other in public. Most of us leave them "holstered" unless we mean to do business with them. Our handguns should be treated the same way. In the holster (OC or CC) unless it's business time.

WHAT A ****ING IDIOT!!!
    3c50f1ed.gif

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I guess I should have posted all this in the "Where did you SEE OC today" thread. But I OC'd in that McD's so it's all good. I'd hate for the topic police to break out the ruler on me.

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    Wow. Today while in a gun store a man kept talking to me and telling me how great his such and such was. Continually grabbing the handle every time he told me whatever random fact about his amazing super awesome sidearm

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    That's one (more) advantage to carrying a Glock... Everyone knows what they look like. If you don't, Google it. Because I ain't pulling it out to show you.

Top Bottom