• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    McAlister's off of Michigan on the north side today, Starbucks this morning, BW3 last night.

Tomorrow, going to a hospital to visit my grandmother. Obviously will have to CC -_-

Mom called me and said: "You shouldn't go late. The garage is really creepy at night."
    "I'm not worried."
    "... you can't take a gun there!"
    "Sure I can."
    "But... you're not allowed."
    "No one will know."

So, yeah.
    Allowed. Illegal.

They're not the same thing.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Aren't they just "gun free zones" with signs on the door, or are they protected by law?
    From my understanding, it is only by policy. I don't ever remember seeing anything in the IC about hospitals. The VA hospital might be off limits, but even then I don't think so.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    IC 35-47-11.1-4
    Not prohibited by chapter
    Sec. 4. This chapter may not be construed to prevent any of the following:
    (7) The enactment or enforcement of a provision prohibiting or restricting the possession of a firearm in a public hospital corporation that contains a secure correctional health unit that is staffed by a law enforcement officer twenty-four (24) hours a day.
    (11) The enactment or enforcement of a provision prohibiting or restricting the possession of a firearm in a hospital established and operated under IC 16-22-2 or IC 16-23.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Went to Petsmart in Greenwood with our new German Shepherd to get her nails trimmed. Usually the Corgi gets most of the attention, but she got her fair share. People seeing me with a German Shepherd and a Glock 23 probably assume I'm an officer :P

Saturday went to Wishard hospital. The section we went to was the ICU, and there were no metal detectors. Plenty of signs up to the entrance though. Ah well, no one knew, and no one got hurt.

Then off to Walmart, Fifth-Third, PNC, and Jackamo's Pizza over the weekend.

Today just Starbucks so far, but probably BP and Subway later this afternoon.

Tonight we have a dog training class to go to, still deciding whether or not to carry. Probably won't be a problem.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    It wasn't today, but I keep forgetting to post about it. I was OC at home when there was a knock on the door. I look out the window and there is a police car in the driveway another unmarked car parked on the street and two people (one in uniform) standing at my door.:eek:

So I answered the door and I was told there was a couple of 911 hangups from this address and when the dispatcher tried to call back there was no answer. I told them that I didn't call 911 and they asked if I owned a cell phone, I told them no but my wife and son do. They asked where they were and I told them. Turns out my son's phone pocket dialed while in school.

No mention of my sidearm whatsoever. :rockwoot:

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    It wasn't today, but I keep forgetting to post about it. I was OC at home when there was a knock on the door. I look out the window and there is a police car in the driveway another unmarked car parked on the street and two people (one in uniform) standing at my door.:eek:

So I answered the door and I was told there was a couple of 911 hangups from this address and when the dispatcher tried to call back there was no answer. I told them that I didn't call 911 and they asked if I owned a cell phone, I told them no but my wife and son do. They asked where they were and I told them. Turns out my son's phone pocket dialed while in school.

No mention of my sidearm whatsoever. :rockwoot:

They pinpointed the location of your son's phone to your house? Or did they use the address under the plan?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Saturday, there was a young man OCing in Auburn's WalMart.
    I hassled him.
    OK, not really. But I bet he thought I was going to...because I did say something.
    Probably not what he thought I was going to say, though.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    They pinpointed the location of your son's phone to your house? Or did they use the address under the plan?

They went by the address the phone was registered to. When I told the officers that I didn't call and that I don't have a cell phone, they called in and found out what name the phone was registered under.

One thing I forgot to mention in the post is that this happened about 3 days after a 911 call in my town where a mother and daughter were stabbed to death so the police were a bit on edge.

It's done it I think about 3 or 4 times so far, yes he is getting a new phone soon before I get tackled or tazed. The last time it did it which was a about a week and a half after the one I posted it was about 11pm and I was walking out the door to pick him up. I see a cop car parked in the street another pulling up and a large man with a bright flashlight walking up my driveway. The conversation was about the same, only difference is they couldn't see my carry.

andski3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Carmel
    Target in Carmel, everything as it should be.

But, I also went to Kroger. And you know how if your are walking around in a grocery store and you seem to pass the same people over and over?

Well there was one guy who was either blatantly checking out my Ruger or my wife. Either way... I took it as a complement and walked on.

Top Bottom