Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Incomplete story is incomplete.

What did you say that he didn't expect?

OH!!
    Well...

I said, I hope you're prepared to answer some questions about the gun on your hip...
    He tensed up and kind of took on a defensive posture...and I added, "but not not from me. I'm an advocate for carry no matter what mode. BUT... there are people spanning the spectrum from inquisitiveness to fear to outright hatred...and you should have your information rehearsed in your mind to communicate back to them in a calm way."

He relaxed, totally agreed, thanked me for being supportive, and said he hoped to encounter more people like that.
    The gal he was with said, "Heck yeah" and said thanks too. I smiled and said "Keep calm ...and carry" :D and they repeated it and laughed.
    I exited the aisle and even though I was out of sight, I yelled back;
    "Oh, yeah...and sign up at Indiana Gun Owners... DOT! COM!"
    :D

:popcorn:

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    OH!!
    Well...

I said, I hope you're prepared to answer some questions about the gun on your hip...
    He tensed up and kind of took on a defensive posture...and I added, "but not not from me. I'm an advocate for carry no matter what mode. BUT... there are people spanning the spectrum from inquisitiveness to fear to outright hatred...and you should have your information rehearsed in your mind to communicate back to them in a calm way."

He relaxed, totally agreed, thanked me for being supportive, and said he hoped to encounter more people like that.
    The gal he was with said, "Heck yeah" and said thanks too. I smiled and said "Keep calm ...and carry" :D and they repeated it and laughed.
    I exited the aisle and even though I was out of sight, I yelled back;
    "Oh, yeah...and sign up at Indiana Gun Owners... DOT! COM!"
    :D

:popcorn:
    And now you know the rest of the story. /paulharvey

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Usual places yesterday... Subway, Starbucks, liquor store, and a "shady" gas station

Apparently a wreck on 465, so I had to get off on 31 North... was running low. Don't even remember the name of the gas station I found, but it was one of the bulletproof glass ones. Clerk didn't say anything. As I was pumping, an "urban youth" smiled and asked if I was cold (left my coat in the car). I just chuckled and made small talk.

Then to liquor store... the female cashier raised her hands when I approached and said "OH LORD!".... then went on a 5 minute rant about how I'm the second person she's seen with a gun in the past couple days. She says she carries, and got in trouble once for carrying inside the airport, etc...

jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    Tractor Supply, Wal Mart, Advance Auto Parts. While at Wal Mart I dropped by to see if there was any ammo and found a sign saying "No Ammo or ARs, Sorry!"
    I know the guy who usually works the gun counter at Wal Mart and it's sort of a joke for us now. I walk past and say "Any .45 ACP Joe?" and he says "Yeah, right!"

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Few good encounters

Went to BW3 after work yesterday, pretty full due to the game coming on. Sat at the end of the bar.

Guy to my right was with some friends, he stretched and locked his eyes on my hip. I didn't look, but noticed out of the corner of my eye. Looked at it for a while... then eventually just started a conversation. Said I looked familiar, thought he knew me from somewhere, talked about the Colts, etc... never once mentioned the gun

Another guy came in and sat to my left. He started talking to me about college basketball, hunting, etc... once pulled out his knife to show one of the bartenders, so we got to talking knives, I showed him mine, and so on. Wierd, but interesting and genuine conversation. Everyone just seemed to want to talk to me.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    A few days ago, Sockmonkey and I went to a local diner to grab lunch. As we were waiting on our order, an older gentleman finishing up his lunch struck up a conversation about open carry by asking if I ever got hassled by LEOs for doing so. I explained that I haven't and that most people just don't notice.

He talked a bit about his military service, how long he's been carrying, why he carries, etc. and then said that he's recently considered OCing more just to **** people off. He said he's tired of being PC about carry.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Went to Oaken Barrel tonight with some family friends, about 12 of us.

Group at the table next to us... I overheard the word "open carry", so I tuned in and listened. One guy said "Yeah man, he can carry however he wants, it doesn't matter." and the other guy said "Huh. I didn't know that. Awesome." I looked over and smiled, and they said "Heh we were just talking about you man, very cool."

No one else minded. Waitress obviously noticed, but didn't care. Manager noticed, didn't care. Good time.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    McDonald's this morning. Three Greenwood officers ordering food to my right, and me ordering on their left.

If they noticed, they certainly didn't care.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Damn, I'm the only one posting here =/

Just left Arby's on 86th street. Was immediately approached by an Arby's employee, tall black man, and he began with "Oh ****, you ain't even po-lice, are you?"

"Heh, nope..."
    "Man that is tight. You got your, what is it, year permit?"
    "Nah, lifetime"
    "Awesome"
    Then he got the attention of the cashier girl, "Look at this guy, he don't have to be po-lice, look at what he got."
    Then he got the attention of his manager and one of the cooks, "See that guy? Not po-lice. He has a permit, look at that gat. Maaaan that is tight."

Needless to say, I was flattered... or something.

Top Bottom