• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Harbor freight and Dunham's. Got some turkey loads at Dunham's

Waiting in checkout line at HF to buy my $4 machete. There's a guy and GF behind me (might have had 6 teeth between them). Guy says to GF "after he shoots them, he chops them up with that. She thought that was a hoot.

I turned around and laughed and replied "Nope, that's way too messy. I'll just dump you in the river".

We all chuckled about that. The cashier, too.

ETA: don't hate on me for buying the $4 machete. The Mrs. likes to attack roots and such in the flower beds and I just finally got the edge back on my hatchet and axe.

Last edited:

Kev

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    South Bend
    Harbor freight and Dunham's. Got some turkey loads at Dunham's

Waiting in checkout line at HF to buy my $4 machete. There's a guy and GF behind me (might have had 6 teeth between them). Guy says to GF "after he shoots them, he chops them up with that. She thought that was a hoot.

I turned around and laughed and replied "Nope, that's way too messy. I'll just dump you in the river".

We all chuckled about that. The cashier, too.

Gotta love this town.....

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Lots of places throughout the weekend. Notably this morning

Heightened alert kicked in at Thorntons gas station on 31. It was just before 7am, a truck pulled into the lot and let some guy out. Was a tall, but younger guy. Wore a hoodie, with the hood up over his head. I walked into the gas station, I got my coffee, and got in line. He paced around out front (the place is all windows, you can easily see the sidewalk out front), then walked in. He didn't look for anything, just got in line right behind me.

I turned my carry side more toward the person in front of me and feigned looking around while keeping an eye on my backside. A couple of customers finished their orders, one a young high school girl, walked out. He got out of line and followed her out.

She made it to her car, and he went back to pacing around in front of the gas station door. I asked the clerk "That guy work here or something?" he answered "No... maybe he's waiting for a ride..."

Finished my order, walked out. He looked as I passed, and got to my car to pump gas. That was it. Didn't really think to stick around or anything... but... an odd situation.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Tomorrow I'm going to ask if they got robbed today :P So far, I feel like I deterred something from happening, ALL DUE TO OC!

Muahahahahaha

UUUUUmmmmm.
    You might want to be careful OCing and saying anything with "robbed" in it.
    Someone might mishear you cause they were too far away, and .....:dunno:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pofUsd9hEi8

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Weekend before last, Menards in Lafayette (x2) and West Lafayette, Olive Garden, Teachers Delight and a resale shop around the corner from them next to once upon a child(can't remember the name). No problem at any of them and actually saw another guy OC at Menards, I asked if he had heard of INGO and he said no so I told him about it.

avcautoinc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    i usually cc but a buddy of mine, who also cc's, was at walmart and his shirt wasn't all the way over his gun and another customer walked up to him and said thank you for exercising your right to carry, i thought that was pretty cool instead of them badgering him for it

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Few places

Just left Kroger in Greenwood. While I was walking in, noticed a Glock 19 on the hip of the guy in front of me while he was maneuvering his cart. He reached back and covered it up with his shirt. I said "Sir? What do you carry, if you don't mind me asking?"

He responded, "A 9."

Didn't seem to want to talk. But, I shouldn't be nosey, I guess.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I carried my rifle at the Statehouse again this morning.

Apparently I am an intimidating moron, with a small penis, who should have been aborted.

jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    Went to Wal Mart and the bank yesterday. No problems at either place, but I did get a strong reaction at Wal Mart. A young boy, maybe 10 years old was shopping with his father. As I walked past I smiled and nodded to the young man and he did the same, then he saw my gun. He almost snapped his neck doing a double-take. I heard him tell his father "That man is carrying a gun!" and his father said "That's not a bad idea these days, do you think I should carry mine?" I didn't hear the son's reply, but I thought it was a good way to react from the dad. Maybe it got a good conversation going.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I doffed my coat at The Main Event for awhile during the IU/Syracuse game. Nobody noticed or cared about my OWB G26 and dual mag pouch; they were all watching TV anyway.

Top Bottom