Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    [FONT=&amp]
    uEoU1pv.jpg
    [/FONT]

Trumpism is a Cancer to society, and it's the idiots among us that will needlessly cause this Pandemic to drag on. Hypocrite

In case you're lurking from shootersville, ideological **********s are the cancer to society. Nothing Trump has done has needlessly caused the Pandemic to drag on. Handling of the pandemic is largely a state issue.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What I couldn't quite wrap my head around was how WuVid was responsible for his business woes but not Holcomb's shutdown

But given the way he acted after he went ballistic, if his business required personal contact and customer good will I can make a guess as to why it is tanking

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What I couldn't quite wrap my head around was how WuVid was responsible for his business woes but not Holcomb's shutdown

But given the way he acted after he went ballistic, if his business required personal contact and customer good will I can make a guess as to why it is tanking

Orange man bad.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    All signs point back to the debate. That the list of those testing positive in the aftermath is intriguing to say the least. That it is believed to have originated with the debate

That ONLY Republicans, the President, the campaign manager, and the head of the RNC, who are running a high energy campaign contracted the disease...

President Trump
    First lady Melania Trump
    Senior White House adviser Hope Hicks
    Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien
    Republican National Committee Chair Ronna McDaniel
    Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah.
    Sen. Thom Tillis, R-N.C.
    Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis.
    Former adviser Kellyanne Conway
    Former N.J. Gov. Chris Christie

I want to know more about this...

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethb...an-be-traced-back-to-debate-planning-n2577413
    Great. Another crockpot source with bs evidence spreading yet another baseless conspiracy theory. The number one threat to this country are conspiracy theories followed closely by polarizing, non-compromising politics that comprises of mindless cultists that follow their preferred party and/or leader blindly.

Trump caught Covid-19 via his own recklessness and it was traced back to the Supreme Court Justice nomination ceremony.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In case you're lurking from shootersville, ideological **********s are the cancer to society. Nothing Trump has done has needlessly caused the Pandemic to drag on. Handling of the pandemic is largely a state issue.

I disagree. The President holds tremendous power over red states. His legion of followers follow him like his words are gospel. If his administration had simply put out recommendations concerning how to address Covid19, and more importantly, he led by example in how to combat it, rather making numerous false claims, I think there could have been a significant impact in the infection rate. The bully pulpit is a real thing, and we’ve seen the president use it to his advantage in a number of cases, just not concerning the pandemic.

johny5

not a shill account
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Great. Another crockpot source with bs evidence spreading yet another baseless conspiracy theory. The number one threat to this country are conspiracy theories followed closely by polarizing, non-compromising politics that comprises of mindless cultists that follow their preferred party and/or leader blindly.

Trump caught Covid-19 via his own recklessness and it was traced back to the Supreme Court Justice nomination ceremony.

Without a good source, these to statements do not play well together. Could you provide one?

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Without a good source, these to statements do not play well together. Could you provide one?
    Don’t need one. The way it works on the internet we can say whatever we want and it becomes true. That’s how conspiracy theories work.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I disagree. The President holds tremendous power over red states. His legion of followers follow him like his words are gospel. If his administration had simply put out recommendations concerning how to address Covid19, and more importantly, he led by example in how to combat it, rather making numerous false claims, I think there could have been a significant impact in the infection rate. The bully pulpit is a real thing, and we’ve seen the president use it to his advantage in a number of cases, just not concerning the pandemic.

I just don't buy that. To the extent that Trumpers have contributed to the spread because they don't believe wearing masks is effective, or that shutdowns are necessary, or whatever, I doubt they'd act any different otherwise. They get it from instinct, and it's confirmed way more by fringe conservative media than how Trump acts. I'd say Trump is a reflection of it and not a source of it.

But, even if so. If it's true that Trump has lengthened the impact of covid by encouraging non-conformant behavior then we'd expect that coronavirus would impact states that support Trump more than states which don't. Instead we see a mix favoring dense population/transportation centers. NJ, NY, MA, CT, LA, RI, MS, DC, AZ, IL round out the top 10 in deaths per capita. LA, MS are the only red states. AZ is no longer a red state. States that did the best are mixed evenly. And none of those states are dense population/travel centers. The press has been quite successful in spreading the narrative that the impact from covid and lock-downs would have been much less if not for Trump and Trumpers refusal to wear masks. That's nonsense.

Trumpers aren't the only ones who don't wear masks. I see people all the time either not wearing them, or wearing them around their chins, or going dick-nose. Nancy ****ing Pelosi. It may be a mostly Republican thing to be skeptical of efficacy of masks, or being down right conspiratorial about them. But the behavior of wearing masks correctly where they're required is not a uniquely Democrat thing either. I see a fair mix of people, at least to the extent that they make it obvious what they think about Trump, not observing proper protocols. If that's what is driving the numbers, and I'm not convinced that's the full story, there isn't credible evidence that I can find that supports that. There's plenty of facile evidence though from people who just want that to be true.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I'd like to see the fullness of evidence they used to trace it back to the nomination ceremony. I think a lot of people have a lot of reasons to lie during an election year. I'd like to see that vetted.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If you want to understand why Trump's re-election chances are looking dim, look no further than our most recently departed member. Voidsherpa, was a conservative, and a Trump voter. His posting history was indicative of not exactly having the best opinion of liberals... and yet he had reached the point where he could no longer tolerate the state of Trump's America. I doubt he had some sort of epiphany, and magically became a liberal. He saw what many other Americans currently. Now I won't condone him wishing ill on anybody, that was uncalled for, but he was generally a pretty good guy.... and guy who had reached his limit, with those he thought could see what was evident to him. If a guy like that leaves the cult, there are plenty more less conservative than him, that walked away earlier.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    OK, OK already, the evil rich guy should have had a better crystal ball.
    Having watched The Brothers O'Toole cussin', spittin' and belchin' contest, I get it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you want to understand why Trump's re-election chances are looking dim, look no further than our most recently departed member. Voidsherpa, was a conservative, and a Trump voter. His posting history was indicative of not exactly having the best opinion of liberals... and yet he had reached the point where he could no longer tolerate the state of Trump's America. I doubt he had some sort of epiphany, and magically became a liberal. He saw what many other Americans currently. Now I won't condone him wishing ill on anybody, that was uncalled for, but he was generally a pretty good guy.... and guy who had reached his limit, with those he thought could see what was evident to him. If a guy like that leaves the cult, there are plenty more less conservative than him, that walked away earlier.

I will only say that the current state of America is due too the conniving and back side politics of some very left leaning useful idiots and those that fund them.
    This is due to Trump brooming out the closets and back rooms up on the hill. A very complicit MSDM and enough brain washed lefty morons to support these actions.
    How is this in any way on Trump. He did not release the Covid and for sure did not use it as a political tool. But the left sure latched onto it and they are still riding that train.

I am not a Trumper per-say but he is a fracking country mile better than than addled brained Biden/Harris combo for crap sake.

V-Sherpa has been slipping for a while Kut. He and I have had issues over his use of the forum a few times and he has not been kind in his responses. He came very near having my foot up his keister well before this melt down. For some reason he has been slipping away and find solace in blaming Trump.
    He is not a good example. I would lean more towards the many lefty's I have seen come out against the Dem's and switching seats.

If Trump looses this election I fear my end times on this rock will not be very bright. That group would have us under their thumbs as quickly as possible. To think that mush brain Bidden will live for 4 more years or hold down that chair is a fallacy. We will have our 1st female oPOTUS or acting POTUS very soon if their game plan plays out.

Hold onto your socks and shorts my friend.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    The subject of who and what President Trump is has so many slices of baloney over it.
    At this point hardly anybody can get passed the emotional baggage and for darn sure nobody will ask any hard questions about what faction he is front man for.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

He apparently blamed Trump for his business woes. Is that a rational conclusion?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He apparently blamed Trump for his business woes. Is that a rational conclusion?

I’ll reverse that question, which you can infer my answer: “Do voters vote rationally?” Perception always carries more weight than reality.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I will only say that the current state of America is due too the conniving and back side politics of some very left leaning useful idiots and those that fund them.
    This is due to Trump brooming out the closets and back rooms up on the hill. A very complicit MSDM and enough brain washed lefty morons to support these actions.
    How is this in any way on Trump. He did not release the Covid and for sure did not use it as a political tool. But the left sure latched onto it and they are still riding that train.

I am not a Trumper per-say but he is a fracking country mile better than than addled brained Biden/Harris combo for crap sake.

V-Sherpa has been slipping for a while Kut. He and I have had issues over his use of the forum a few times and he has not been kind in his responses. He came very near having my foot up his keister well before this melt down. For some reason he has been slipping away and find solace in blaming Trump.
    He is not a good example. I would lean more towards the many lefty's I have seen come out against the Dem's and switching seats.

If Trump looses this election I fear my end times on this rock will not be very bright. That group would have us under their thumbs as quickly as possible. To think that mush brain Bidden will live for 4 more years or hold down that chair is a fallacy. We will have our 1st female oPOTUS or acting POTUS very soon if their game plan plays out.

Hold onto your socks and shorts my friend.

There is a walk-away movement from Democrats, that's certain. But there's also one from Trump too. The primary cause of people walking away from Dems has been the violence and Democrats' inability to call it for what it is and do something about it. When they discovered it's hurting their polling, BLM scrubbed some of the bat ****iest crazy language from their website. Democrats started quietly distancing themselves from the supporting the violent riots overtly. The walkers I don't think were ever conservatives. They're still liberals. They were just weary of their Party's inability to call it out and do something about it. Well, then Trump gets on the debate stage and tries to be the BDOS (big d*** on stage) and that doesn't appeal to left leaning people. So I think it's looking now like some are walking back.

It's true enough that the press is primarily responsible for Trump's image, but he does help them create that image. Not properly handling that gotcha question on denouncing white nationalism was a big goof. I understand why he answered it that way. I also understand why Mourdock answered his gotcha question that way. But it sank him. I'm not saying that this will sink Trump. Far from it. But it did hurt him. I know some people who are kinda open to the idea of Trump because they hate that Democrats can't acknowledge their own radicals. But they said that that part of the debate was deeply disturbing to them. Trump has to do better if he's going to win. He has to convince people that the general narrative of Trump the media portrays isn't true. Instead he keeps doing things that reinforces that.

It was foolish to do those antics while he was in the hospital with covid. It's foolish for him to act like covid is nothing. Not because it's all that meaningful really. But it plays right into the general narrative of Trump.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Does anyone besides the TDS crowd think that Trump's reelection chances are looking dim?

You don't have to be a Trump fan in the slightest to understand the repercussions of electing Harris/Biden. :twocents:

Top Bottom