• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    I have a similar S&W .22 revolver, the Model 63 in Stainless Steel. I purchased it new in the 80's. I just had it out the other day and ran several hundred rounds through it. One thing about these guns is you must keep them CLEAN! If you get any lead or fouling build up on the cylinder or forcing cone face, the gun will start to bind up. I use Kleen-Bore Lead Away Wipes for this. They come in cleaning patch form, and work very well at removing this type of buildup. It takes a little elbow grease, but your gun will run like a Rolex. Bill T.

SmithWessonModel63.jpg

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    golandmark,
    If you would send me more info and the serial # (with the last couple of digits Xed) I would be glad to look it up in the S&W "Book" and let you know what it says as to model and aprox. build date. Is there a model number stamped on the frame, just above the crane hinge point? If not, it would date the revolver as being built before S&W used model numbers, around '57 I think. The serial number will be on the bottom for the grip frame. Other numbers are for assembly purposes and not serial numbers.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    Here is a picture of a Smith & Wesson handgun that I inherited my late grandfather. It is a 22LR but I am not sure what model. I know they make a snubnose just like it. I apologize if this is only for snubbys but it said wheel guns and this guy seems to fit the bill. Any information people can provide about the derivative of this weapon is appreciated....Thanks for looking..........

Did you happen to notice the hand cannons belonging to billt?? :D

Nice revolver too! :yesway:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Came home with me last week - with a quick detour to the range (H&R 676)

IMG_1098.jpg

Came home with me today - with a quick detour to the range (H&R 949)

IMG_1113.jpg

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I like those JG! I think H&R makes a 9 shot double action revolver too. High Standard made a dandy as well.

bk1330

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Jeffersonville,IN
    some of my revolvers

SMITHWESSONMODEL625JM45ACP.jpg

SMITH & WESSON 625 JM .45ACP
    INTERARMSVIRGINIANDRAGOON44MAG.jpg

INTERARMS VIRGINIAN DRAGOON .44 MAG

RUGERSUPERREDHAWK454CASULL.jpg

RUGER SUPER REDHAWK .454 CASULL

THEBIGSEVEN22LR.jpg

THE BIG SEVEN .22LR

I love looking at everybody's guns it just makes me want to buy more.

Last edited:

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    great pocket thumper! What are you carrying in it?

Out and about: Hornady 180 gr XTP, mostly because that's what they had when I went to the store. I don't really have any preferences yet. New toy, and all that.

I also got a box of 200 gr round nose flat points to poke holes in paper.

I even got a Soft Armor fabric holster for parts, and use as a pattern, so my wife could replace a pocket in my riding jacket with something a bit more useful. (The sewing machines I've bought over the years finally paid off for me, not just for quilts and kids' clothes.) The thumbreak taken from the holster does a nice job of holding the gun firmly in place in spite of the bobbed hammer. It's not really all that concealed, what with the size of the lump that thing makes, but it works.

earlykyler2012

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Grant County
    28h1usm.jpg

The dynamic duo. 2 3/4 in Security Six(Silver Bullet) and 4 in Security Six(Black Beauty). Unfortunately I don't have Black Beauty anymore:(. I'll find another someday....

Last edited:
    Top Bottom