• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Same Super Redhawk I posted earlier, put that scope on shortly after.

_MG_1658.jpg

Scopes on revolvers look so badass!

jdewyse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    where are all the big wheel guns all i see is shorties and snubs. someone bring out their big toys:draw:

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    45-70500SWBFRRevolverjpg.jpg

A pair of Magnum Research BFR's. One in .45-70, and the other in .500 S&W Magnum. Both have 10" barrels. Bill T.

Great googely-moogely!!! Those revolvers look like something out of a Bugs Bunny cartoon or something where Bugs would pull it from a holster and the barrel would just keep going and going! Definitely a pair of impressive handguns. :yesway: And if I may, your avatar pic is very nice too.

Excellent post all around! :D

Ryno

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Shelbyville, IN
    Billt, CandRFan I'm jealous (and a little turned on: is that weird?) by both your avatars. My snubby I carry a lot is my Smith Air Lite Ti.

Last edited:

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    MelanieWithBFRRevolver2-1.jpg

This photo give a little better idea of their size. Bill T.

Nice pic, it does really hammer home the sheer size of them. Your wife's smile looks like just a little bit like a grimace!!

What's it like shooting one of those handguns? I assume that they are both steel framed, so the weight would mitigate the recoil of those massive rounds? That .500 magnum has got to be a thumper!

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    What's it like shooting one of those handguns? I assume that they are both steel framed, so the weight would mitigate the recoil of those massive rounds? That .500 magnum has got to be a thumper!

Both are Stainless Steel and weigh in at around 5 pounds each. The .45-70 with factory loads isn't a bad gun at all to shoot. Mostly because it is a low pressure cartridge compared to the .500 S&W Magnum, or even the .454 Casull. When handloaded with heavy bullets it can generate some hefty recoil however. The .500 S&W is brutal, there is just no other way to describe it. It helps a lot to wear a P.A.S.T. Shooting Glove. These have the palm area protected with a gel like material that helps cushion the transfer of recoil to the hand. I wear them when shooting any heavy recoiling handgun. Especially now that I'm getting older. Bill T.

PAST Professional Shooting Gloves Fingerless Leather - MidwayUSA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Smith & Wesson 22LR

Here is a picture of a Smith & Wesson handgun that I inherited my late grandfather. It is a 22LR but I am not sure what model. I know they make a snubnose just like it. I apologize if this is only for snubbys but it said wheel guns and this guy seems to fit the bill. Any information people can provide about the derivative of this weapon is appreciated....Thanks for looking..........

1103100250b.jpg

Top Bottom