• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have never seen milk jugs attack a person yet... Have you seen what a slug will do to the same milk jug? You also might have to engage someone at further than point blank range.
    I don't know of any professionals (police, military) that use birdshot against a human.

I think if I was going to use something as small as birdshot, I'd use rock salt, instead. Might not kill them, but they damn sure wouldn't want to come back! :rockwoot:

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Lol

phalanx_h.jpg

Brian S.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Toto, IN
    HK45 with an Osprey suppressor and an TLR-2 light/laser, loaded with Winchester PDX1 loads by the bed.

but since I don't own any of that, I have my USP 40 compact.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    There are many different right answers to this question depending on your home. What it is made of how big it is and where it is located. For my current situation I do not want there to be any chance of a round over penetrating. I am using .45 acp Extreme Shock ammo. It is similar to a Glaser safety slug but IMO better due to the material used for filament. Many will argue this saying this ammo is too expensive to practice with. I disagree I have fired enough of it to deem it as reliable in my pistol and have found it to shoot in accordance with my light hand loads. The general consensus for home defense seems to be a shotgun and I do agree with that point of view except I would use #4 shot instaed of 00 I choose not to use a shotgun because my place is very small and it would be difficult to maneuver even a short HD type weapon.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    For right now, I've got a Mossberg Cruiser with double aught, (that thing is about the most fun to shoot as anything I've ever owned,) plus a G26 with night sights, and a G17 w/o night sights right next to it.

If the SHTF, the girlfriend will be holding the G17, I'll have the shotgun, and I'll have the G26 tucked into my waistband.

Top Bottom