• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I keep a pistol, either a .380 or 9mm, at arms length at all times. I would prefer my shotgun loaded with standard buckshot, but that would take me about 30 seconds to get to. I know, I will use the handgun to get to the shotgun!:):

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    XD 40 by the bed, Maverick 88 (mossberg 500) with 00 Buck in the closet. I have an underfolder AK close by too if for some reason my HD situation turns into a "Rambo" chase through the woods or something... ;)

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Worst case is a criminal that makes it into your home at night and you awaken and find them at close range with you in bed.
    (life is rarely like on TV where you ALWAYS have plenty of warning)

A long gun when you're lying in bed looking up at a criminal isn't practically usable in this situation, where a handgun under the pillow or on your headboard IS a much better choice.

So START with a handgun, when you're in bed.
    Then if you want more firepower have it available in addition.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Please define "Chicago loads" because right now I have envisioned "blanks" :D

Chicago loads (aka, FBI loads) are .38 Special 158 grain lead semi-wadcutter hollow-points. The ones still currently made (mine are Remingtons) are +P.

What you are thinking of as "blanks" are Chicago politicians, some of whom wind up in DC. :rolleyes:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Chicago loads (aka, FBI loads) are .38 Special 158 grain lead semi-wadcutter hollow-points. The ones still currently made (mine are Remingtons) are +P.

What you are thinking of as "blanks" are Chicago politicians, some of whom wind up in DC. :rolleyes:
    Thanks! I was just Googling it and found it as well. And that last part is all too true :n00b:

posttal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2011
    I have a Glock 19 for a little noise in the night..and a mossberg 500 tacticle shotgun for a big noise in night.Shotgun is the best protection in my opinion.but the glock fits in the nightstand.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    870 loaded with bird shot, backed by my pick of 9mm's...if my pit bull hasnt licked them to death first.

Have you seen what 12ga bird shot will do you a milk jug or watermelon at 10 yards?

God bless
    -Shred

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Just my Glocks ...either a G27 or G30. I have an AK, but I don't see that as the best option, living in a duplex with neighbors near by. A shotgun is on my list, just lacking funds at the moment.

Birdstrike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    I keep a USP 45 in a nightstand safe. For all those with kids in the house, where do you keep the 12 gauge? Currently have it locked away in the basement, but I'm not going to win a gunfight like that :-(

Last edited:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    870 loaded with bird shot,

Have you seen what 12ga bird shot will do you a milk jug or watermelon at 10 yards?

God bless
    -Shred
    I have never seen milk jugs attack a person yet... Have you seen what a slug will do to the same milk jug? You also might have to engage someone at further than point blank range.
    I don't know of any professionals (police, military) that use birdshot against a human.

Top Bottom