• ...and so much more!
  • DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Mospeada just shipped a shorter barrrel for my 1187. It'll take the place of the little pump gun I'm using now. And, oddly enough, with all the other choices I have available, the Springfield Ultra Compact still takes the place of honor in the dresser drawer.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Apparently none of you are married.
    What does being married have to do with anything? Are you saying your biggest fear is no longer intruders in the night but the woman who now wears your pants? Or are you saying that your wife is meaner than a pitbull so you have relinquished the need for firearms? I dunno but when I got married that was just one more gun on the nightstand.
    :dunno::D

Last edited:

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    Of course there is no one perfect answer for everyone. I use a .357 Magnum loaded with Remington 125 grain medium velocity Golden Saber jacketed hollow points myself.

I don't recommend any "mouse-gun" calibers -nothing under .38 +p or 9mm. I wouldn't trust a .380 or lower to be powerful enough to get the job done. I also would not recommend any solid bullet loads for a home defense scenario as over penetration could be pretty dangerous.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    The only gun that matters is the first one you grab. My first choice of the find I currently own would be my PT111Pro, since it is my carry gun and I am most comfortable with it. Since I don't always carry at home, out would depend on the situation.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Winchester 1300 defender - PM9 by my bed side first... If they are a zombie, I'll crack them in the head with a 7.62x54r.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    A katana forged by Gabriel himself for a 12th century warlord..it was quenched in the blood of a virgin which gave it the awesome powers it has.

Top Bottom