What would you do if your child was spanked at school?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What would you do?

• Total voters

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    My principle had a HUGE paddle with holes in it. Talk about hurt! One go around with that and I never caused another problem throughout my school years. Then when I got home I got it even worse by my father. After that my principle and I became very close friends until the day he died.

Does school discipline work? In my case I can say 100%.;)

USA#1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    In the forest
    I would say it shouldnt happen without the parents being involved. When I was in school, mind you this was a private Christian school, they called my parents I and paddled me. When I got home from school, I got paddled again.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would say it shouldnt happen without the parents being involved. When I was in school, mind you this was a private Christian school, they called my parents I and paddled me. When I got home from school, I got paddled again.

That is "Properly" administered punishment.

Far too many of todays parents would go ape poop in this situation.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    most of the fights where from bullin'....both party's where wacked....the fightin' stopped when respect from others was gained......

Reality check. Well said. Pacifists and those who claim there is never a reason to fight or use a gun are just cowards who want someone else to fight and die for them.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    most of the fights where from bullin'....both party's where wacked....the fightin' stopped when respect from others was gained......

I know this is off topic, but initially you made it sound like you were the one starting the fights. So, kids were starting fights with you, so you fought back or was there another form of respect you wanted? For instance, were they making fun of you or something like that or were they putting their hands on you?

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    I know this is off topic, but initially you made it sound like you were the one starting the fights. So, kids were starting fights with you, so you fought back or was there another form of respect you wanted? For instance, were they making fun of you or something like that or were they putting their hands on you?

a lot of shovin' and hittin' from older boys then it was kind of like Ralphie in Christmas Story i'd blow a fuse.....then after i wipped a few then they left me alone.....wasn't a easy target.....

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Our school didn't tolerate fighting at all. In elementary school I got into a fight with a guy on the playground and in the scuffle broke my right forearm. A couple of days later when I returned to school I was marched right down to the principle's office and a date with Mr Paddle.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    We sent a letter to the school when my daughter started there, informing them that she was not, under any circumstance, to receive corporal punishment at their hands. Quite simply, we did not trust them to do so. We did, however, clarify that we were to be notified if there was ever a circumstance for which she would have deserved it, and if appropriate, we would address the problem at home. Thankfully, they never put us to the test. I would not have wanted to hire a lawyer to address this (mostly because I wouldn't want my daughter to have borne the brunt of their retribution for whatever her offense was, but also because I would not want to have had to bust some teacher or principal's chops for beating my kid.)

Blessings,
    Bill

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    tough choice, I'm torn between "complain to school board and ask for Mr. Flannigan's resignation" and "spank your son, again". Look, the fact of the matter is, I will not allow some goober physically punishing my son or daughter, it's not their job. The more people who lets them get away with it, makes them feel empowered to nanny your kids.

If my kid or kids said that to the teacher, I won't put up with that...I will fulfill my fatherly rule and correct that problem.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I'd just turn the teacher's ass in because he's just violated school policy by assaulting my son. In an empty room no doubt. Even back in the day you had to have a witness.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Your son or the teacher? :eek:

Yes, and everyone in the front row of the classroom. You shouldn't let a perfect opportunity to demonstrate a quality round house kick or discipline go to waste.

And IF I had kids and they were acting like idiots in the classroom, I'd light that tail up...Jack.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    a lot of shovin' and hittin' from older boys then it was kind of like Ralphie in Christmas Story i'd blow a fuse.....then after i wipped a few then they left me alone.....wasn't a easy target.....

Every day of my life was like this. Finally grew a set and put some people on the ground and the bullying slowed and finally stopped. I got paddled a few times for this but enough was exactly that.........enough.

No thread jack intended.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    1. Thank the teacher.
    2. Beat the hell out of the kid.
    3. Beat the hell out of myself for failing to raise a kid who would never consider the conduct in the first place.

Top Bottom