What would you do if guns you owned were banned retroactively?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    in my opinion the only way this could work is if the mandate us to turn them in or we are felons if were in possession, which i really dont see ow congress would allow millions of people to become felons overnight. IDK im not the sharpest political tool in the shed, but i am still worried

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The thing Feinstein said which I find concerning is that I don't know what "prospectively" means. That's a really ambiguous term. I would certainly feel bad for all the crashed boats if they did pass that law!

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    FYI California state created their own AWB, and required guns to be registered that would be grandfathered in. Then they later used that registration list to confiscate them! Unconstitutional or not, it can and has been done.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The thing Feinstein said which I find concerning is that I don't know what "prospectively" means. That's a really ambiguous term. I would certainly feel bad for all the crashed boats if they did pass that law!

Feinstein approaches us with a level of reality equal with that found in 'through the Looking-Glass' where we find the following:

"When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less."

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Seems to me a big portion of this website membership need to research the sovereign powers of the elected County Sheriff in these here United States. This elected LEO office holds more power in his county than the POTUS.

51KwXTP6H6L._SS500_.jpg

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    Amerika

Some of you guys are scaring me. Just the thought of gun owners turning in some of their guns:( it always leads to all of them. I dont know if people dont know world history/ US history or not but its not hard to figure out happens to countrys after the people are disarmed. You cant dictate the people if they are armed. This could be good timing to. What better time to try and disarm the people than when the country is on the edge of financial collapse. What is the quote? Those who give of liberty for the sense of safety deserve neither. "something close to that. Oh well at least my guns were lost in the flood so i dont have to worry about it.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    No she isn't. Stop spreading misinformation.

Sen Dianne Feinstein To Introduce Assault Weapons Ban On First Day Of Congress

She said they won't be banned retroactivly.

She said she wanted to ban "sale, transfer, AND POSSESSION." To me, that says that if you "possess" one after a certain date, you are in violation of the federal infringement, er law."

Seeing how "truthful" she has been in the past, I take this to mean that if you owned an AR-15 last year, you are fine, but if you own one after the bill goes into effect, you are a federal felon.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    She said she wanted to ban "sale, transfer, AND POSSESSION." To me, that says that if you "possess" one after a certain date, you are in violation of the federal infringement, er law."

Seeing how "truthful" she has been in the past, I take this to mean that if you owned an AR-15 last year, you are fine, but if you own one after the bill goes into effect, you are a federal felon.

The great and wonderful Dianne lie? Surely you can't be serious!

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar

I didn't answer him, he's a gun owner and got mad pretty fast!!!!!:ar15:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom