What would you do if guns you owned were banned retroactively?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Hey! :nono: It's not funny.
    And yes it would be way hotter with a French accent, a beret and maybe even a mustache.

Your posing as tactical Santa, but we all know your really a little French cartoon guy....... That speaks with a heavy accent. Oui?

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I wouldn't worry at all. Why? Because there isn't a single firearm in this house. Every gun I've ever purchased from places like Bradis, PSS, Poff's in Terre Haute, all gone. Sold them all. In fact, I'll help em look for the 4473s, then they can check that those firearms all have other owners now. Me, own guns, nah, not safe. I sold em to pay for golf lessons and video games.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Your posing as tactical Santa, but we all know your really a little French cartoon guy....... That speaks with a heavy accent. Oui?

118210_340.jpg

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I only have evil AKs. They can have the receiver (after compensation) since that is the gun. I'll just go home and press new receivers from unmarked flats and rebuild them.

I wonder if I can build my own mags. Hmmmm.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    Just curious how a grandfathered clause works when I definitely heard her say it will be unlawful to own, posses, transport, transfer ownership or sell a assault weapon. Sure sounds like she intends to nail the door shut.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    compliance is one thing, but like i said i like shooting my AR and if it just sits in the safe is kind of pointless in my opinion. Like is said this gun ban worries me

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Just curious how a grandfathered clause works when I definitely heard her say it will be unlawful to own, posses, transport, transfer ownership or sell a assault weapon. Sure sounds like she intends to nail the door shut.

My guess is that it the anti-gun crew would start here (i.e., making possession categorically illegal) and 'compromise' with [STRIKE]Bonehead[/STRIKE] Boehner and 'allow' us to keep what we already have, nontransferable to anyone but the .gov, with no sunset provision.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    The question is not "What would you do if guns you owned were banned retroactively?" Rather it is "What would Rookie, Denny, and other LEOs do if told to confiscate our guns?"

AJMD429

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Actually the anti-gunners LOVE to "grandfather" guns they're 'banning' - it SPLITS the gun owners into the "haves" and the "don't wants".

AND THE GUN OWNERS ALWAYS FALL FOR IT.

Look how many supported the "machine gun ban" back in the 1980's...those who already owned them saw a price/value increase, and those who didn't own them didn't care if they were banned.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The question is not "What would you do if guns you owned were banned retroactively?" Rather it is "What would Rookie, Denny, and other LEOs do if told to confiscate our guns?"

I dont think any LEO in this country would be willing to start a civil war.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012

I tend to agree with that. I don't think they would be to happy if other agencies were trying to strong arm and disarm there family members either. The families that apply i mean.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Welcome to INGO.

Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the Constitution of these United States of America.

No ex-post-facto law or bill of attainder shall ever be passed.

This!
    Literal translation: "after the fact." Unless they plan on changing the Constitution, Diane can kick rocks.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I only have evil AKs. They can have the receiver (after compensation) since that is the gun. I'll just go home and press new receivers from unmarked flats and rebuild them.

I wonder if I can build my own mags. Hmmmm.

I wouldn't see why you couldn't make your own mags.. I mean just a steel tube with a floorplate, spring, and follower...

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    My guess is that it the anti-gun crew would start here (i.e., making possession categorically illegal) and 'compromise' with [STRIKE]Bonehead[/STRIKE] Boehner and 'allow' us to keep what we already have, nontransferable to anyone but the .gov, with no sunset provision.

Illegal possession when it comes to the law usually defines the physical holding or control as illegal. I really don't see a compromise here. Either all in or forget the ban and move onto controlling the ammunition through taxes or some other financial penalty of ownership. There are too many "assault"" type guns in private hands at this point to put that Gennie back in the bottle.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County

So there I was, driving my styrofoam boat to the middle of Lake Michigan with my ma 50 and m4's (as backup) to do some tactical fishing. I was cruisin' along with my 1hp trolling motor for about four hours when a BIG sword fish jumped out of the water--bam went the 50! Never saw what happened after that to the fish...cause all the sudden I was upside down and my boat was ripped to pieces. I'm still not sure what went wrong really. :dunno: Anyways, I still had the 50 in my hands and tried swimming her to shore for about two seconds, but it weren't meant to be. :(

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh

Seems to me a big portion of this website membership need to research the sovereign powers of the elected County Sheriff in these here United States. This elected LEO office holds more power in his county than the POTUS. With organization and planning the Sheriff and his deputies can constitutionally repel or arrest ANY interloper that cross their borders without permission. This includes Federal Law Enforcement.

http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=2036

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_Keepers

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom