What would you do if guns you owned were banned retroactively?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iceman33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Indianapolis
    well I own a Bersa Thunder 380, Taurus .38 special, Beretta 96FS .40 and a GLOCK 27. I would not turn in any of those. However, if I owned assault type weapons with high capacity mags and I could get reimbursed I would seriously consider it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    well I own a Bersa Thunder 380, Taurus .38 special, Beretta 96FS .40 and a GLOCK 27. I would not turn in any of those. However, if I owned assault type weapons with high capacity mags and I could get reimbursed I would seriously consider it.

facepalm.jpg

You should just turn all your guns in..... do it for the children... please.
    I'm sure there will be a gun buy back in the near future.
    Think of all that cash!!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Big Brother appreciates your decision to post your inventory!

jimmytj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    However, if I owned assault type weapons with high capacity mags and I could get reimbursed I would seriously consider it.

--I agree...

Say it WAS retroactive, what would I do...?
    --Assuming that one still works, I choose to invoke my Fifth Amendment Rights.

jimmytj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    bought all weapons legally
    --You do realize that you can "legally buy weapons" (assuming it's in-state) and the only people that know are the "seller" (assuming that's not a store) and the "buyer"...?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    well I own a Bersa Thunder 380, Taurus .38 special, Beretta 96FS .40 and a GLOCK 27. I would not turn in any of those. .............

Well I bought all weapons legally so I'm not telling Big Brother anything he doesn't already know. HA

All of those with the exception of the Taurus are semi-auto's.
    Why does anybody need a semi-auto??
    WHY do you own a semi-auto?
    Don't you know how dangerous those things are?

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Yeah, then some of the hunter groups say they don't care if all the handguns are banned, they don't use them anyhow. After that PETA and the Humane society gets hunting rifles banned - don't affect you right. If you believe that your a Fool. Any ban, whether it currently affects you or not - leads to more until the anti gun people win. Then you can whine about how this happened. If we as gun owners do not oppose all restrictions to our rights - we will see all our rights restricted (or gone).

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    I don't own any guns anymore either. Traded 'em all in for grocery store gift cards. Only reason I'm here is the friendly political discourse in GPD and apolitical humor I can find in the Break Room.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    1070 the fan radio show is going off on guns right now.

The stupidity of the host is staggering. :noway:

Clearly does not know the difference between semi auto and automatic.
    Blaming video games.

Some caller just said that at the Louisville show he walked in and
    bought a gun from a dealer without even showing ID.
    Bull****.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    :noway: Even IF Grandfathered, the Banning of, Importation of, Manufacture of, Sale of, Transfer of or Gifting of certain select firearms, Registration, or the Classifying Semi Autos as NFA items will be the end of personal collections, sporting (target) and meaningful self defense. This is a Lose, Lose Proposition. Since WE are going over the Fiscal Cliff, I do Not foresee any adequate Financial Reimbursement if any $$'s at all :xmad:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom