What would you do if guns you owned were banned retroactively?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    century-arms-cai-ak-47-wasr-762-39-zastava-serbia-pap-m70-bubbles.jpg

That's TRAGIC!!! I HATE to see a firearm lost forever like that!!! Impossible to recover. It's a dang shame.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Actually the anti-gunners LOVE to "grandfather" guns they're 'banning' - it SPLITS the gun owners into the "haves" and the "don't wants".

AND THE GUN OWNERS ALWAYS FALL FOR IT.

Look how many supported the "machine gun ban" back in the 1980's...those who already owned them saw a price/value increase, and those who didn't own them didn't care if they were banned.

But, this isn't just a ban on MANUFACTURING/REGISTERING, this is a ban on TRANSFERRING.

So if you own one, it will have ZERO value on the legal market.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Seems to me a big portion of this website membership need to research the sovereign powers of the elected County Sheriff in these here United States. This elected LEO office holds more power in his county than the POTUS. With organization and planning the Sheriff and his deputies can constitutionally repel or arrest ANY interloper that cross their borders without permission. This includes Federal Law Enforcement.

http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=2036

Oath Keepers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oath Keepers » Oath Keepers – Guardians of the Republic

Yeah, but look up what they did to the office of Sheriff in Marion County!

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    Welcome to INGO.

Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the Constitution of these United States of America.

No ex-post-facto law or bill of attainder shall ever be passed.

The Second Amendment also says, "...shall not be infringed..." they are doing exactly that by talking about a ban. Surely you don't think the government has to follow the rules....

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    For some reason I thought he was. Am I wrong? If so, omit his name and substitute Frank-N-Stein's. The question is, what would LEOs do if told to confiscate firearms?

It's ok. You probably noticed rookie reporting a bunch of posts and
    realized he was an officer of the INGO infraction division.

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    Is there a reason you are being so aggressive with fellow gun owners on behalf of Fine Swine? I too have heard, in her own words on CNN, MSNBC, Fox, NBC, etc. of a proposal for complete and total ban on manufacture, importation, and Private Ownership of anything with more than 10 rounds.[/QUOTE]

This is what scares me about it, affects everything I own from handguns to rifles

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Some of you guys are scaring me. Just the thought of gun owners turning in some of their guns:( it always leads to all of them. I dont know if people dont know world history/ US history or not but its not hard to figure out happens to countrys after the people are disarmed. You cant dictate the people if they are armed. This could be good timing to. What better time to try and disarm the people than when the country is on the edge of financial collapse. What is the quote? Those who give of liberty for the sense of safety deserve neither. "something close to that. Oh well at least my guns were lost in the flood so i dont have to worry about it.

So why limit the ability of people to own RPGs? Rockets? Nuclear weapons? OK, maybe nukes are too far, gotta give up that freedom....but should the states be able to own nukes? What about billionaires that can afford them? They will never have the votes to ban them all....never. The country is too violent, and the bulk of the gun owning population believes in the right to own, at a minimum, a handful of handguns, bolt/lever action rifles, and shotguns. There will be disagreements on the limits to even those arms, but I don't see any sort of nationwide ban.

By the way, here is some more specific information from the source:

Feinstein to Introduce Updated Assault Weapons Bill in New Congress - Press Releases - News Room - United States Senator Dianne Feinstein

Stops sale of more than 100 assault weapons; protects gun owners by exempting more than 900 specific hunting and sporting weapons

A summary of key provisions in the updated bill:

• Stops the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of more than 100 specifically-named firearms as well as certain semiautomatic rifles, handguns and shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.

• Stops the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of large-capacity ammunition feeding devices (magazines, strips and drums) capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.

• Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
      • grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;
      • exempting more than 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting and sporting purposes; and
      • exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The underlying is my doing. That is what scares me the most. If the language is written like that, that means many semi-auto handguns are going to be banned from future sale. Kel-tecs, single stack mag .45s, etc., and revolvers would be exempt. There is a possibility they know this wouldn't pass, so my guess is that we might see your standard Glocks, HKs, etc. exempted in the list of 900 "authorized" firearms.

Get ready folks, it is coming. They are going to wave around that list of 900 guns and continually ask the question to those opposed "Why do you need an AR when we are allowing you a Remington 700? Why do you need an AK when we are allowing you a lever action rifle?"

This is going to happen. As it stands now, it seems what you have will be what you have. I don't see any way around it. If it doesn't happen now, it will happen after the next mass shooting, and there will be one. I don't believe she or others like her want to stop at what she has posted....if they had the votes, they would take them all.

What folks decide to do is up to them.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    More info from another interview:

Sen. Dianne Feinstein Readies to Reintroduce Expired Assault Weapons Ban | PBS NewsHour | Dec. 17, 2012 | PBS

Sounds like she is going to ask for either:
    Licensing/registering or some sort of securing of those weapons. I figured this would be coming. The bill would really do nothing for the most part given how many are already out there. Yea, decades down the road, as people die off and there are no future sales, they would be circulated out of private hands. However, it would take about 30-40 years for there to be any significant reduction.

Will be interesting to read the full bill as they wrote it.

Top Bottom