What Movie(s) Inspired You To Buy A Firearm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Tombstone I ended up with a stainless .45 Vaquero. I had to wait a few years ans I was only about 1 when I saw the movie in the theater. Everytime I watch Bullet (from your signature) I want a chopped down '97!

Doug K

GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Lethal Weapon/ Die Hard = Beretta 92, S&W 5906

The Getaway = Benelli M3

Mobster Movies = 1911

Uralguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Kokomo
    The Wind and the Lion for my weakness for 97 Winchester shotguns. Red Dawn for the RPK. The Rat Patrol for my Browning belt fed. And I can't remember the name of the Clint Eastwood movie where he has the Broomhandle Mauser. This list could be several pages in length. I am a Victim of Hollywood Marketing.

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The wind an the Lion for my weakness for 97 Winchester shotguns. Red Dawn for the RPK. The Rat Patrol for my Browning belt fed. And I can't remember the name of the Clint Eastwood movie where he has the Broomhandle Mauser. This list could be several pages in length. I am a Victim of Hollywood Marketing.

Don't forget this C96 Mauser... :D

2zhnud5.jpg

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    James Bond, Goldeneye. I bought my first pistol, a .380 crapper Lorcin that would not even function properly through an entire magazine! lol.

I even had the shoulder holster (still have it)! I pawned the Lorcin off to a guy under the title of 'crapper', but he still bought it.

INRanger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    Way of the gun for my first 1911. Blood diamond/Collateral for my first H&K USP and Hollywood in general for my fascination with the Uzi.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    For years I had wanted an AR-15, but just never went all the way to buy one. Then I was watching Hollow Man and I saw the ARs the military guys were carrying. At that moment, I decided I would go ahead and get one. It was a nice rifle, a 20" barrel Bushmaster. I got it at Pops back when they had good prices. I think I did the layaway thing, but I don't remember. I ended up selling it years ago because I needed the money and I broke even on the price I sold it for.

Revelations

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    NW IND/ Tampa Bay
    I blame every Arnold Schwarzenegger movie ever made for me wanting a Desert Eagle. They just looked so cool, but decided that I just had no reason to own one.

desert.jpg

I did buy a M1 Grand based on the movie the "Big Red One" with Lee Marvin that I watched as a kid.

bigred.jpg

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    Resident Evil movies, to name one movie that drove my obssesion.

Got a side question, what were the rifles used in Space: Above and Beyond?
    I know the pistols were modified Glocks w/scopes and flash hiders.

Volunteer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indy Castleton
    I can't remember which of the old Sean Connery Bond movies it was but it prompted my purchase of a Walther PPKS. In fact, the serial # started with 007. Hated shooting that gun and dumped it within a couple of years. Never been motivated to buy another gun based on a movie since.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    not a movie, but the vince flynn books inspired me to buy a g19... and is continuing to inspire me to buy ammo, and suppressors and the such... i highly suggest his novels.

Top Bottom