• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Big/social media is the new religion, practiced with all the tolerance and zeal of the Inquisition. I have no idea what they see as god, but their altar is the phone.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    2nd definition, C.E.D.

evangelical adjective (OPINIONS)

having very strong beliefs and often trying to persuade other people to have the same beliefs:

Why is it that people who've given up smoking become so evangelical and intolerant of other smokers?

2nd Definition, O.E.D.

wanting very much to persuade people to accept your views and opinions
    He delivered his speech with evangelical fervour.

Certainly seems to apply to most atheists I've met

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's a little sad that you think that you've "met" people on a computer screen.

Well unless you count the many many many members I have met in the real due to this screen. I have maybe 200 phone numbers and info for members in my phone. Hard copy is more I think.

Now how many are loud atheist's is a serious question as most of these people can be very loud.....:):

Just saying.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Well unless you count the many many many members I have met in the real due to this screen. I have maybe 200 phone numbers and info for members in my phone. Hard copy is more I think.

Now how many are loud atheist's is a serious question as most of these people can be very loud.....:):

Just saying.

I know many members on INGO have met each other in person. Have meet a few buying and selling guns myself.

I was specifically referring to Mr. Throbbing Purple Font from the land of many radar guns, east of our border. :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know many members on INGO have met each other in person. Have meet a few buying and selling guns myself.

I was specifically referring to Mr. Throbbing Purple Font from the land of many radar guns, east of our border. :)

Yeah I know. Just a brief interlude. I need to adjust the color on his posts......:):

Having been involved in organizing and setting up some fairly high turn out shoots in my time here I get to know so many really solid folks. A few flakes have been in the mix but they get weeded out pretty fast.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I need to adjust the color on his posts......:):

do1.gif

do2.gif

do3.gif

do6.gif

do5.gif

do4.gif

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Riots and the pandemic weren't enough to focus on?

:ugh:

But, if you want to further subdivide the GOP.....please tell me how often the President attends church services.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Big/social media is the new religion, practiced with all the tolerance and zeal of the Inquisition. I have no idea what they see as god, but their altar is the phone.

Close. Social media is the platform used to persecute the "non-believers" but intersectionality and identity politics is the foundation of the secular religion of the left. It even includes a lot of the same tropes as Christianity. Those who espouse intersectionality use it to give an account of our brokenness (victim hood), an explanation of the reasons for pain (systemic racism and oppression), a saving story accompanied by strong ethical imperatives (diversity), and hope for the future (through forced "social justice").

It even includes themes of original sin (white privilege), blasphemy restrictions (political correctness and wrong think), martyrdom (propping up people like Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown and George Floyd), and even the idea of being born again (wokeness).

Admittedly I haven't watched the full video below, so I don't know how well it matches up with my assessment and comparison, but Dr. Peter Boghossian (one of the panelists) has done a lot of work in this area and I'm sure will connect the dots much better than I just did.

[video=youtube_share;_AvyqUOKhGA]http://youtu.be/_AvyqUOKhGA[/video]

ETA: I found a much shorter video recapping some of the parallels discussed in the full discussion.

[video=youtube_share;R_bQTxNT-K8]http://youtu.be/R_bQTxNT-K8[/video]

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Riots and the pandemic weren't enough to focus on?

:ugh:

But, if you want to further subdivide the GOP.....please tell me how often the President attends church services.

The Prez spends plenty of time at various churches of:

”The Ancient and Healthful Exercise of the Golf”

(to quote from the 1754 charter of the Honourable Company of Edinburgh Golfers)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom