ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This popped up today.

Standing back and looking at this... this isn't caused by racist people. This is 99% media-driven. When race-relations are bad, they get the clicks and views.

The incredibly small amount of racists in America don't cause race-relation negativity to skyrocket like this. It benefits someone to have strife.

C17ThteVEAEUFvY.jpg:large

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This popped up today.

Standing back and looking at this... this isn't caused by racist people. This is 99% media-driven. When race-relations are bad, they get the clicks and views.

The incredibly small amount of racists in America don't cause race-relation negativity to skyrocket like this. It benefits someone to have strife.

Ratings/clicks equal revenue....Always follow the money. Always.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Mr. Brennan, do you think that black crime and homicides are ignored within the black community? Don't drink the Kool-aid the media is giving you. Protests concerning crime in the black community dwarf the protests of BLM, but the media doesn't think you care, so they are rarely covered.
    Did you stop reading at the mention of BLM? The last sentence of the first paragraph pretty much alludes to the point of your question.

Politicians, race hustlers and the news media keep such studies under wraps because these studies don't help their narrative about racist cops.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This popped up today.

They're driving perception. Just look at the language they use compared to 2009.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Revisionist history is getting old.

You disagree, that for his time King Jr would have been considered a political radical? That's not revisionist history, it's true. You can find endless contemporary references to King as a radical agitator.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You disagree, that for his time King Jr would have been considered a political radical? That's not revisionist history, it's true. You can find endless contemporary references to King as a radical agitator.

My disagreement is BLM claiming MLK as their type of radical. There is a difference between speaking truth to power, and speaking lies for power.

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    Now that it's been silent for weeks (months?)... "What is 'BLM'?"

A Soros front that Clinton needed to win, and now that she didn't, it's gone.

They moved on to women's rights movements now. They don't have enough people to do both at the same time and make it look like an important cause. Now please excuse me while I go have my own movement.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Be interesting to see a histogram of the hashtag #blacklivesmatter in buckets of months since first used on Twitter. Likely it would most reveal activity where media has reported on or has concocted a controversy for a use of lethal force incident. The reporting of events have lessened. I'm not sure the number of lethal force shootings have proportionally lessened. No office to gain with that now. If we see BLM reemerge just before the next election campaign starts, it might tend to confirm the idea.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Be interesting to see a histogram of the hashtag #blacklivesmatter in buckets of months since first used on Twitter. Likely it would most reveal activity where media has reported on or has concocted a controversy for a use of lethal force incident. The reporting of events have lessened. I'm not sure the number of lethal force shootings have proportionally lessened. No office to gain with that now. If we see BLM reemerge just before the next election campaign starts, it might tend to confirm the idea.
    They did lose their biggest proponent in the previous administration. I do not think they will disappear, but the coverage of them by the media may wane a lot. Unless of course, it can be spun as resisting the current administration.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom