• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Im well aware of most slums.
    I grew up in East Baltimore in a community called Hollander Ridge for the first 10 years and then we moved up the Lexington Terrace on the west side of downtown.
    I have family still in downtown Baltimore, i know who owns the stores. Blacks might own the clothing stores and thats about it.

Did you read the sentence that I asked you to re-read?
    And while you may be right, about Baltimore, I trust you know you can't assign one city and take it as being representative of the rest of the nation. Hence why it was suggested you travel more. You get that right?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I have more than enough miles in my shoes. I got it right.
    Long time reader here, i also read that you constantly tell others that you are the smartest one in the room.

Ok, I guess I have to explain. Saying that the overwhelming majority of black businesses are in black communities isn't the same as the overwhelming majority of businesses in black communities are black.
    Further, citing your example of Baltimore indicates knowledge of Baltimore. If that place holds consistent to your opinion, that's not an issue. I personally don't know. What I do know, is that you cannot look at one place and make a generalization. If you're knowledge and experience are confined solely to areas that you refer to as "slums" then undoubtedly, you need more miles on your shoes.
    As for being the smartest person in the room. I've never said such a thing. I'd appreciate you keeping your lies to yourself.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Is this BLM or an offshoot? The title of the article kinda makes that clear, but given that both BLM and DD were founded (I did my research) within a month of each other, it would appear the the two entities are separate, but have some overlap. DD seems more in line with the BPP of old, with their ridiculous demands. Does every group of black people, by default, become BLM?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Is this BLM or an offshoot? The title of the article kinda makes that clear, but given that both BLM and DD were founded (I did my research) within a month of each other, it would appear the the two entities are separate, but have some overlap. DD seems more in line with the BPP of old, with their ridiculous demands. Does every group of black people, by default, become BLM?
    Again, "not scathing proof", but BLM is also mentioned as aligning with terrorist groups in the article. DD is, as stated, and offshoot, but BLM was mentioned as supporting terrorist groups as well in the same article!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Again, "not scathing proof", but BLM is also mentioned as aligning with terrorist groups in the article. DD is, as stated, and offshoot, but BLM was mentioned as supporting terrorist groups as well in the same article!

Given the current state of journalism, I have issue with the lack of names, who is affiliated with which, the liberal use of quotes without sources, and an unsubstantiated connection. The reader simply has to take the word of the author, who fails to provide anything to either confirm or reject the assertions made in the article. For a learned person, it doesn't pass the bar for reliability. BUT, someone, somewhere, will relay these talking points, as fact, despite the concerns I raised above.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Given the current state of journalism, I have issue with the lack of names, who is affiliated with which, the liberal use of quotes without sources, and an unsubstantiated connection. The reader simply has to take the word of the author, who fails to provide anything to either confirm or reject the assertions made in the article. For a learned person, it doesn't pass the bar for reliability. BUT, someone, somewhere, will relay these talking points, as fact, despite the concerns I raised above.

Wait, are we talking about Russian hacking of the election now? Lolz

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Wait, are we talking about Russian hacking of the election now? Lolz

343os37.jpg

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Given the current state of journalism, I have issue with the lack of names, who is affiliated with which, the liberal use of quotes without sources, and an unsubstantiated connection. The reader simply has to take the word of the author, who fails to provide anything to either confirm or reject the assertions made in the article. For a learned person, it doesn't pass the bar for reliability.
    So, what you're saying is, act like a liberal BLM activist, sorta like hands up don't shoot? Truth be damned?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I don't even know what that means.
    Now you're playing uneducated? You brought up the current "state of journalism" and alluded to the unlearned believing what was said by same journalists? I simply went with the BLM mantra "hands up don't shoot", you know, the catch phrase of Ferguson, where the cop shot a guy with his "hands up" as reported, later debunked?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Now you're playing uneducated? You brought up the current "state of journalism" and alluded to the unlearned believing what was said by same journalists? I simply went with the BLM mantra "hands up don't shoot", you know, the catch phrase of Ferguson, where the cop shot a guy with his "hands up" as reported, later debunked?

You probably should have stated it that way to begin with to avoid the confusion. But it still doesn't really relate to the story in question. The Brown instance, which BLM seized upon, was proven to be false. The story we're talking about, could potentially be true, however the lack of facts concerning this story doesn't make it reliable. Nobody said the story was false, like the Brown instance, just that it is very poorly supported. So I really don't see where "hands up, don't shoot," has any relevance.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think its relevance is that Right or Left or Middle, the state of journalism is bad. It ranges anywhere from incompetent to biased, sensationalistic hyperbole. It is untrustworthy.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think its relevance is that Right or Left or Middle, the state of journalism is bad. It ranges anywhere from incompetent to biased, sensationalistic hyperbole. It is untrustworthy.

Then is he saying that since he posted the article, he's like a BLM activist? 'Cause that appear to be the reasonable conclusion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom