Not open for further replies.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    That melanin is good stuff. Explains why gingers are so evil, huh? :D

That Southpark episode was pretty epic. With the usual gratuitous vulgarities of course.

That was a great episode. Their hotel meeting room gather. LOL.
    I recently referenced to the GF that her daughter is a Day Walker. No freckles in the winter. The daughter's boyfriend agreed.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Since I'm pretty sure the Ferguson thread was locked... it's relevant here... as it is the incident that sparked the movement.

C6zTJkyWYAEDzRy.jpg:small

C6zTKymWwAI1fKM.jpg:large

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    Except it wasn't the robbery that provoked it was it? Wasn't it cause michael brown and the other guy were walking down the middle of the street?

Jason

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK folks. Discuss this but remain civil.
    Seriously. This will be my only "Suggestion" to keep this thread open.

Yes, this is relevant to the thread topic just keep your heads.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/11/us/michael-brown-ferguson-police-shooting-video.html?_r=0

So I guess the documentary is presented from the position that Wilson should have been charged. I'm not sure why this new video proves a different conclusion than was reached by the grand jury. The claim is that this new video suggests that the Ferguson police lied about the narrative to impugn Brown's character. So. Is dealing drugs really indicative of any better character than strong-armed robbery? Does it call the evidence at the scene of the shooting into question? Does it make the "hands up don't shoot" narrative any more believable? Not at all.

I think I need to see this documentary for myself. There just seems to be inconsistencies in the whole thing. It was my understanding that at some point Wilson had heard a call over the radio about the strong-armed robbery. If that's true, someone called the police to report a robbery at that store. Whether Brown was earlier dealing drugs in the same convenience store is irrelevant. If someone called the police about a robbery, and Brown was on tape appearing to shove the clerk, it seems like a pretty clear narrative to me regardless of the video of prior circumstances. It seems like the documentary is desperately trying to salvage the "hands up don't shoot" narrative.

It's like Frank said. Wilson's actions were justified by the grand jury.

But that's not the end of the story. Wilson and the PD are being sued by Brown's mom.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/11/us/michael-brown-ferguson-police-shooting-video.html?_r=0

So I guess the documentary is presented from the position that Wilson should have been charged. I'm not sure why this new video proves a different conclusion than was reached by the grand jury. The claim is that this new video suggests that the Ferguson police lied about the narrative to impugn Brown's character. So. Is dealing drugs really indicative of any better character than strong-armed robbery? Does it call the evidence at the scene of the shooting into question? Does it make the "hands up don't shoot" narrative any more believable? Not at all.

I think I need to see this documentary for myself. There just seems to be inconsistencies in the whole thing. It was my understanding that at some point Wilson had heard a call over the radio about the strong-armed robbery. If that's true, someone called the police to report a robbery at that store. Whether Brown was earlier dealing drugs in the same convenience store is irrelevant. If someone called the police about a robbery, and Brown was on tape appearing to shove the clerk, it seems like a pretty clear narrative to me regardless of the video of prior circumstances. It seems like the documentary is desperately trying to salvage the "hands up don't shoot" narrative.

It's like Frank said. Wilson's actions were justified by the grand jury.

But that's not the end of the story. Wilson and the PD are being sued by Brown's mom.
    Thanks for reminding me how much I dislike the NYT.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    There's a video of the lawyer for the store MB was seen attempting to deal/rob explaining that story isn't fully correct and he shows the full surveillance video where MB walks back out of the store with his mystery baggie, and gets pretty heated with the clerks before they hand it back and ask him to return the goods.

He then of course came back the next day to steal. So seems the documentary is just trying to stir it up

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There's a video of the lawyer for the store MB was seen attempting to deal/rob explaining that story isn't fully correct and he shows the full surveillance video where MB walks back out of the store with his mystery baggie, and gets pretty heated with the clerks before they hand it back and ask him to return the goods.

He then of course came back the next day to steal. So seems the documentary is just trying to stir it up

Like I said. They're desperately trying to salvage the "hands up don't shoot" narrative. It's just too delicious to be a sham.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom