• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kut, what about this? This is BLM. It's what they're doing. It's not "black lives matter". That's just a con. It's "political agenda matters". Blacks are being used by ***** ass elite white progressives.

I've said before, I don't buy into BLM, because they aren't even-handed, and condemn even the justifiable shootings. However, there are people that have latched onto the movement because of an honest belief in the disparity of the application of law. As far as the 70%, it's possible IDK. It could be a city trying not to point fingers at their own citizens. What were these people doing to be arrested, and how many of them? That comment is one you can't just say, and expect people to believe it. What's the breakdown?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why just one? Why are we looking for anecdotal instances and then applying them to an entire system? Stories don't establish the existence of trends or norms. I'm just not going to waste time playing that game.

What are the statistics? I don't think anyone has compiled that. I certainly don't have time to look up every incident where there's a violent encounter with police and tally race and which encounters ended in officers shooting and not. That's the way you would convince me that the problem is as you say it is.

ETA: Oh. And you still haven't answered what you would have done if you were in that exact situation. I told you what I think I would do. If he initiated deadly force on me, I'm not betting my life. Dude's getting shot.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    As someone astutely said on INGO before: the plural of anecdote is not data. What do the actual statistics say regarding police encounters? Convince me on that basis, not on anecdote.

Fair point. Dragongunner said earlier that 350 white and 177 blacks had been killed by police this year. I'm taking that as legit data pulled from a good source. Stuff like that?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    ETA: Oh. And you still haven't answered what you would have done if you were in that exact situation. I told you what I think I would do. If he initiated deadly force on me, I'm not betting my life. Dude's getting shot.

I, and I hope most other cops would have never gotten that close to the person. He would have been drawn down on, and told to drop his weapons. If he made any aggressive movements, I'd end the threat.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I, and I hope most other cops would have never gotten that close to the person. He would have been drawn down on, and told to drop his weapons. If he made any aggressive movements, I'd end the threat.

Okay, you said it more "policey" than I did. But that's what I'm saying. This deputy acted more like it was his drunk uncle Cletus that he's had to disarm for the 11th time. Remember. This is NC. I used to live near Raleigh/Durum. They're all related in Maybarry. Cletus has probably acted like this before.

Put the deputy in the same situation where he wasn't as confident, and I would hope he'd react more like you would.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Fair point. Dragongunner said earlier that 350 white and 177 blacks had been killed by police this year. I'm taking that as legit data pulled from a good source. Stuff like that?

Sure, but that really only scratches the surface, and doesn't provide any basis for analysis in a vacuum. Consider that black people are about 15% of the population (14%, 17%, somewhere in there), so that might lead one to conclude that black people are killed by police disproportionately high compared to their population ratio. But on the other hand, black people commit just shy of 50% of all murder and violent crime in the country, which might lead one to conclude that black people are killed by police disproportionately low compared to their crime rate. So, even in that context, we really can draw no conclusions.

And that's not even getting into intra- versus inter-racial killing by police, since we don't have those statistics. Nor does that get into justifiable versus non-justifiable killings by police, since we don't have those statistics.

Personally, I think the data, when analyzed, will show that there is no statistically significant racial disparity in police-involved fatalities. There are simply too few such incidents, compared to overall police interactions. One fairly recent study did draw that very conclusion, in terms of police shootings (not merely fatalities). Fatalities are a (very small) subset of shootings, and I don't think it would be logical to claim that there is a racial component to the result of shootings being fatal or not. So, comparing police use of deadly force overall is a reasonable means of comparison.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Of all the threads this would fit in, this seemed most appropriate :P

pHXgDWP.jpg

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Ok, let's look at your logic. How many Latinos?

I found info for 2015….the 2016 stat was on FB and seems to follow the 2015 stats but only higher…sadly.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-08/breakdown-us-citizens-killed-cops-2016

Bottom line all depends on city and region really doesn't it….my neck of the woods its probably going to be white crime and white guys getting into trouble or shot by police……then I turn tv to ft. wayne news….and seems majority of shootings, not all, are involved with blacks. More criminal blacks than my area I would imagine. Are cops singling out blacks….or whites…..or hispanics or is it just criminals and we try and paint color to prove a point? Myself if you got 10 criminals and of them 7 are whites and 2 blacks and one hispanic doing all the wrong stuff, jail them all. The ones that fight back back and get shot shouldn't matter….even if they are all the same skin color.

"Username"

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2016
    Everywhere, so far.
    According to the link I posted earlier, 70% of those arrested were from out of state. Says a LOT about how INorganic these protests are. Somebody is bankrolling the unrest. Typically Soros funded orgs. These are NOT A-ARon and Shaniqua gathering up the neighborhood to go march. Its people coming in from out of state to agitate the otherwise peaceful locals into playing stupid games. Once they get the ball rolling some of the locals keep it moving.

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

See the OP and article linked in the OP.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    No proof of anything except there was a confrontation.

Yep. No real proof of a gun or not in the video. Just he said, she said.. I want to know who the found gun belongs to. That might answer a few more questions. And is this the only video?? Are there dash or body cam footage?? Other bystanders video? Time will tell.

And what is a TPI she said he had???

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Yep. No real proof of a gun or not in the video. Just he said, she said.. I want to know who the found gun belongs to. That might answer a few more questions. And is this the only video?? Are there dash or body cam footage?? Other bystanders video? Time will tell.

And what is a TPI she said he had???

it was "TBI" or Traumatic Brain Injury.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom