• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    “Deputy Farmer grabbed hold of the gun and pushed him away,” Harrison said. The man reportedly told the deputy, “I got something for you,” before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a handgun, the sheriff said.

“Deputy Farmer hit the man’s hand” as the gun fired and managed to wrestle the weapon away from him, according to Harrison.
    William Ray fired at Wake County Deputy Donnie Farmer in Raleigh | News & Observer

It's stories like this that drive the BLM when taken comparatively to other instances.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So if I find one instance of a gun wielding black guy who was not shot by police, I suppose that means it's exacly, proportionally, 50/50. Does BLM even bother to look?

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Every single one of them should be arrested with any force necessary.

i85riots.jpg

there is a lot of tonage in front of them......just put them in first and drop the clutch and they will move.....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    there is a lot of tonage in front of them......just put them in first and drop the clutch and they will move.....

If in the lead rig I would be miles down the road. No way in hell I am sitting there for this crap.
    Think "Reginald Denny" and put the truck in gear and keep moving.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So if I find one instance of a gun wielding black guy who was not shot by police, I suppose that means it's exacly, proportionally, 50/50. Does BLM even bother to look?

Find me a black guy who's reported to police as pointing a gun at people, officer see the guy with a shotgun, guy starts cursing at him as he approaches, he get close enough to him as he raises the gun to grab it (implying?), pushing the guy away, they then grabs a handgun out of his pocket, fires it, the officer manages to get it wrestle it away from him... and the perp survives. Yeah, find me one of those.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    If in the lead rig I would be miles down the road. No way in hell I am sitting there for this crap.
    Think "Reginald Denny" and put the truck in gear and keep moving.

oh yes should have never stopped!!!.......i can still see that scene in my head that was terrible no one would help him.....made me very very :xmad:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Stealing and looting cash registers from local businesses is not a legitimate form of protest
    A “protester” shooting another “protester” is not a legitimate form of protest.
    Physically attacking reporters is not a legitimate form of protest.
    Throwing rocks off bridges at passing vehicles full of families is not a legitimate form of protest
    Beating up innocent people in parking lots because they’re white is not a legitimate form of protest.
    Smashing up apartment windows where black people live to “protest” in favor of ‘Black Lives Matter’ is not a legitimate form of protest.
    Trashing your own neighborhood is not a legitimate form of protest.
    Looting the Charlotte Hornets team store so you can steal basketball merchandise is not a legitimate form of protest
    Attempting to hijack cars and terrify their innocent occupants is not a legitimate form of protest.

source: The Charlotte Riots: What They Are Not Telling You | Zero Hedge

Ya thet logic only works for intelligent people who have virtue.

So if cops so far this year have shot over 350 whites, and around 177 blacks…….does that mean white lives should matter more…? Should they start shooting more blacks for racial equality…? Apply purple as needed.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ya thet logic only works for intelligent people who have virtue.

So if cops so far this year have shot over 350 whites, and around 177 blacks
    …….does that mean white lives should matter more…? Should they start shooting more blacks for racial equality…? Apply purple as needed.

Ok, let's look at your logic. How many Latinos?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Find me a black guy who's reported to police as pointing a gun at people, officer see the guy with a shotgun, guy starts cursing at him as he approaches, he get close enough to him as he raises the gun to grab it (implying?), pushing the guy away, they then grabs a handgun out of his pocket, fires it, the officer manages to get it wrestle it away from him... and the perp survives. Yeah, find me one of those.

You've narrowed the criteria pretty tightly, and you're asserting that there is some racial double standard proven by this story. I'm not going to scour the interwebz for an exact match to show as a counter point. But if I happened upon a similar story where the perp survives, what then? Are the statistics now 50/50? You take one story and attempt make an issue of it that isn't there. We've talked about this before. I believe there are pockets of racism. But I have to remind you that not everything is racism. You show me something that IS racism and I'm there with you to condemn it.

So about the story, how many Black guys has that deputy encountered in the exact situation? I think he had plenty of justification to use deadly force. But he didn't. Would he have just shot a Black guy in the same situation? I don't know. Neither do you yet you are certain. There is no trend established by cherry picking one story and claiming it is the norm. That story isn't normal!

Black or white, would you have handled it the same way he did? Drunk guy cursing at you waving a shotgun, pointing it at people, pointing it at YOU, threatening you, and then pulling a pistol and firing it? I am astonished that he was still breathing at the end of all that. I think the crux of this story is more about either the deputy's moxie or foolishness, not about the race of the perp or the imagined outcome if the perp were Black. That could have ended very badly for the deputy. Fortunately, both are still breathing. I'm not a cop, I haven't been through the training Cops have. And within that context, I imagine that I would have shot that white guy the first time the shotgun pointed in my direction. Same if he were black.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Looking at the pictures, the 'mobs' don't seem THAT large. A few people, with the police taking a low-key approach, can cause a LOT of mischief.

I wonder at the height of the riots in various cities just how many people have been involved, and what percentage of those were imported to cause trouble?

If the authorities had a green light to disperse these folks, how long would the riots last?

According to the link I posted earlier, 70% of those arrested were from out of state. Says a LOT about how INorganic these protests are. Somebody is bankrolling the unrest. Typically Soros funded orgs. These are NOT A-ARon and Shaniqua gathering up the neighborhood to go march. Its people coming in from out of state to agitate the otherwise peaceful locals into playing stupid games. Once they get the ball rolling some of the locals keep it moving.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You've narrowed the criteria pretty tightly, and you're asserting that there is some racial double standard proven by this story. I'm not going to scour the interwebz for an exact match to show as a counter point. But if I happened upon a similar story where the perp survives, what then? Are the statistics now 50/50? You take one story and attempt make an issue of it that isn't there. We've talked about this before. I believe there are pockets of racism. But I have to remind you that not everything is racism. You show me something that IS racism and I'm there with you to condemn it.

So about the story, how many Black guys has that deputy encountered in the exact situation? I think he had plenty of justification to use deadly force. But he didn't. Would he have just shot a Black guy in the same situation? I don't know. Neither do you yet you are certain. There is no trend established by cherry picking one story and claiming it is the norm. That story isn't normal!

Black or white, would you have handled it the same way he did? Drunk guy cursing at you waving a shotgun, pointing it at people, pointing it at YOU, threatening you, and then pulling a pistol and firing it? I am astonished that he was still breathing at the end of all that. I think the crux of this story is more about either the deputy's moxie or foolishness, not about the race of the perp or the imagined outcome if the perp were Black. That could have ended very badly for the deputy. Fortunately, both are still breathing. I'm not a cop, I haven't been through the training Cops have. And within that context, I imagine that I would have shot that white guy the first time the shotgun pointed in my direction. Same if he were black.

Find my a black guy reported to be pointing a gun at people, confronted by a lone officer and then violently resists, surviving. How about that?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Kut, what about this? This is BLM. It's what they're doing. It's not "black lives matter". That's just a con. It's "political agenda matters". Blacks are being used by ***** ass elite white progressives.

According to the link I posted earlier, 70% of those arrested were from out of state. Says a LOT about how INorganic these protests are. Somebody is bankrolling the unrest. Typically Soros funded orgs. These are NOT A-ARon and Shaniqua gathering up the neighborhood to go march. Its people coming in from out of state to agitate the otherwise peaceful locals into playing stupid games. Once they get the ball rolling some of the locals keep it moving.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Kut, what about this? This is BLM. It's what they're doing. It's not "black lives matter". That's just a con. It's "political agenda matters". Blacks are being used by ***** ass elite white progressives.

But they are doing it with great enthusiasm. They think it is about some social injustice.

Or, nothing party's like a serious riot. Somebody is getting some new kicks and a TV

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Find my a black guy reported to be pointing a gun at people, confronted by a lone officer and then violently resists, surviving. How about that?

Why just one? Why are we looking for anecdotal instances and then applying them to an entire system? Stories don't establish the existence of trends or norms. I'm just not going to waste time playing that game.

What are the statistics? I don't think anyone has compiled that. I certainly don't have time to look up every incident where there's a violent encounter with police and tally race and which encounters ended in officers shooting and not. That's the way you would convince me that the problem is as you say it is.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    But they are doing it with great enthusiasm. They think it is about some social injustice.

Or, nothing party's like a serious riot. Somebody is getting some new kicks and a TV

It's probably not hard to convince teens to go wild. They're an easy mark. White cop shoots a black unarmed armed man! Let's protest at the scene. Hey, this is boring. Let's take advantage of the tacit permission to protest violently and loot that Walmart 5 miles from here, because BLM! :rockwoot:Power to the people! MLK would be so proud of our violent non-violence.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

As someone astutely said on INGO before: the plural of anecdote is not data. What do the actual statistics say regarding police encounters? Convince me on that basis, not on anecdote.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom