• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yeah, but part of me wonders if dudes in tac gear commonly make traffic stops for speeding down Keystone. ;)

There's gotta be more to the story.

Tac gear? Other than maybe the vests I didn't see any tac gear. They had on standard uniforms under the vest, no helmests, balaclava, oakleys, flashbangs hanging off, etc. Is it that unusual for officers in Indy to be wearing those vests compared to soft vests under the shirt?

Who knows, but you can trust they knew he had a warrant before they pulled him over.

Isn't that the case for most stops when the driver is the registered owner? I thought it was at least semi common practice to run the plates first if time permits.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Tac gear? Other than maybe the vests I didn't see any tac gear. They had on standard uniforms under the vest, no helmests, balaclava, oakleys, flashbangs hanging off, etc. Is it that unusual for officers in Indy to be wearing those vests compared to soft vests under the shirt?

No, those are not standard uniforms.

My spidey sense tells me that those are not beat officers. Well, one of them at least. :)

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010

Unfortunately, as I tell my white friends, we as black people, we’re never going to be successful, not because of you white people, but because of other black people. When you’re black, you have to deal with so much crap in your life from other black people. It’s a dirty, dark secret; I’m glad it’s coming out.”

“One of the reasons we’re never going to be successful as a whole, because of other black people. And for some reason we are brainwashed to think, if you’re not a thug or an idiot, you’re not black enough. If you go to school, make good grades, speak intelligent, and don’t break the law, you’re not a good black person. And it’s a dirty, dark secret.”

very interesting. Ive never heard anyone speak out like this. Would be nice if he would say these things on ESPN

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Unfortunately, as I tell my white friends, we as black people, we’re never going to be successful, not because of you white people, but because of other black people. When you’re black, you have to deal with so much crap in your life from other black people. It’s a dirty, dark secret; I’m glad it’s coming out.”

“One of the reasons we’re never going to be successful as a whole, because of other black people. And for some reason we are brainwashed to think, if you’re not a thug or an idiot, you’re not black enough. If you go to school, make good grades, speak intelligent, and don’t break the law, you’re not a good black person. And it’s a dirty, dark secret.”

very interesting. Ive never heard anyone speak out like this. Would be nice if he would say these things on ESPN

Who is this "we" he's talking about?

Kut (points out there's 30 million in that "we")

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    No, those are not standard uniforms.

My spidey sense tells me that those are not beat officers. Well, one of them at least. :)

Other than maybe the vest, what makes them not standard uniforms? The shirt best I can tell is a standard button up/polo style shirt.

And aren't quite a few of the SWAT members beat officers? They just carry extra gear in their cars in case they get a call. IIRC one of the members here was(is?) a IMPD SWAT and worked a beat.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

This is no secret to us. Having people of color in the family and circle of friends the topic has been discussed.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Other than maybe the vest, what makes them not standard uniforms?

I am not privy to all the IMPD uniform GOs. But, "standard except for [blank]" is usually a scenario where the uniform is not standard.

And aren't quite a few of the SWAT members beat officers? They just carry extra gear in their cars in case they get a call. IIRC one of the members here was(is?) a IMPD SWAT and worked a beat.
    My understanding is that used to be true, but was changed a few years ago. I believe there is a primary SWAT team (my use of word "primary" - probably not theirs) for whom that is all they do. Unless ordered to do something else. There may be some reserve SWAT still, but I think it is a dedicated SWAT team.

The officers who pulled over Mr. McIver appear to be SWAT-SWAT not beat-SWAT to me.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Dunno if somebody was fast on the trigger for the wrong reasons, or right ones.
    Tried to check arrest record, but all that comes up is hype............daddy of seven, disabled...........video of riots and a daughter livetsream of aftermath.

About that one Tulsa deal...........was that car pulled over or did it stall? if stalled, it appears to be over the centerline (what the heck for?).
    Who walks back to their vehicle after law enforcement show up?
    Hands up and walking back..........disobeying orders................are people high, stupid or deaf (the latter I would think to still figure out that doing nothing that could be seen as a threat a good thing).

The one poor guy with the autistic dude, who appears to do everything right...............who still got shot................yeah, that looks to be total bull****.
    Glad he survived.

Racism, bad shoots...................sure it happens.

Protests and lies, violence...............in supposed support of bad guys getting what they deserved................totally cheapens the experiences of those who truly are victims.

Its as though the media, and slaves to it.................go for the worst of the worst.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Baiting aside, all we know, is that police were looking to serve a warrant on a guy in an apartment complex. They see a guy who has a gun, who upon seeing the police, he gets back into his car. From there, we don't know what happened. But call me crazy, but if seems like a pro-2nd Amendment people would want to know why this guy suddenly became of interest to them, considering he was not the person being looked for. Is it odd if seeing a group of officers serving a warrant, and you being armed, to want to steer clear?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom