• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If you want to understand what Black Lives Matter really is, just swap white out for black and imagine what the NAACP or the Southern Poverty Law Center would say about it. That's your answer.

When exactly, during the genicide of one race of people, the systematic oppression of another, and the banning of entry into the nation of yet another, would there have been a time when that wasnt true, in everything but slogan?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Not that I want to deviate from sports....

All I'll say about it is that we evolved to understand more about races and equality of individual rights through the adversities of human nature. In the US that took a very long time, but now most people see it. But, unfortunately human nature is still an adversary to the idea of equal natural rights and that comes from more than just whites.

Perhaps that's because natural rights (Life, Liberty, Pursuit of Happiness, etc.) have been confused with privileges and preferences disguised as "rights" in our society. The concept of working hard and improving oneself to improve one's lifestyle has been subsumed by the belief that luxury and personal preferences are "owed" whether one wishes to work for them or not. Parts of our nation are starting to resemble parts of the Middle East in that respect.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Perhaps that's because natural rights (Life, Liberty, Pursuit of Happiness, etc.) have been confused with privileges and preferences disguised as "rights" in our society. The concept of working hard and improving oneself to improve one's lifestyle has been subsumed by the belief that luxury and personal preferences are "owed" whether one wishes to work for them or not. Parts of our nation are starting to resemble parts of the Middle East in that respect.

Exactly. We have the right to PURSUE happiness. We are not guaranteed happiness. I fall back, yet again, on The Bill of No Rights

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    When exactly, during the genicide of one race of people, the systematic oppression of another, and the banning of entry into the nation of yet another, would there have been a time when that wasnt true, in everything but slogan?

Genocide? Oh, the American Indian. Systematic oppression of another (race)? Oh, perhaps you mean the Irish, Italians, Polish, and other Eastern Europeans who were systematically discriminated-against along with the Negro. Systematic discrimination isn't endemic to one race of Man, not even in this country. And if it took us longer to get beyond such, again, for the most part, we can thank those of good conscience who peacefully demonstrated and worked for equality, not those who have been and are demanding special privileges in "reparations", as if such demands would ever result in anything but another round of discrimination, hard feelings, and ammunition for those who just want to hate. Paint a brown monkey pink and throw him in a cage with other brown monkeys and they'll tear him apart. Humans aren't much different when it comes to finding reasons to discriminate, feud, hate, and fight.

if there were even a germ of truth in the BLM mantra the rest of us could be sympathetic. But BLM is based on untruths: Blacks are not being exterminated by cops "daily" and Blacks aren't being killed by cops (or anyone else other than their own) at rates exceeding their population percentage - where those killings occur - nor is a Black man more likely to be killed by a cop than is any other ethnic group tracked. Michael Brown robbed a store and tried to take the police officer's gun before he was shot; the guy in New York City was being arrested by police - over a misdemeanor, IIRC - resisted, and died of a heart attack while resisting arrest. And so on.

You would know better than I if there are actual racially-motivated abuses by cops toward Blacks, and we both recognize that sometimes innocents get killed; and we both (I think) believe that when that happens, cops should be investigated, tried, and punished if they've screwed up. But such incidents are vanishingly small, seemingly, when compared to the number of police interactions with citizens every day across the country and I think it would be great if people would realize that.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Genocide? Oh, the American Indian. Systematic oppression of another (race)? Oh, perhaps you mean the Irish, Italians, Polish, and other Eastern Europeans who were systematically discriminated-against along with the Negro. Systematic discrimination isn't endemic to one race of Man, not even in this country. And if it took us longer to get beyond such, again, for the most part, we can thank those of good conscience who peacefully demonstrated and worked for equality, not those who have been and are demanding special privileges in "reparations", as if such demands would ever result in anything but another round of discrimination, hard feelings, and ammunition for those who just want to hate. Paint a brown monkey pink and throw him in a cage with other brown monkeys and they'll tear him apart. Humans aren't much different when it comes to finding reasons to discriminate, feud, hate, and fight.

if there were even a germ of truth in the BLM mantra the rest of us could be sympathetic. But BLM is based on untruths: Blacks are not being exterminated by cops "daily" and Blacks aren't being killed by cops (or anyone else other than their own) at rates exceeding their population percentage - where those killings occur - nor is a Black man more likely to be killed by a cop than is any other ethnic group tracked. Michael Brown robbed a store and tried to take the police officer's gun before he was shot; the guy in New York City was being arrested by police - over a misdemeanor, IIRC - resisted, and died of a heart attack while resisting arrest. And so on.

You would know better than I if there are actual racially-motivated abuses by cops toward Blacks, and we both recognize that sometimes innocents get killed; and we both (I think) believe that when that happens, cops should be investigated, tried, and punished if they've screwed up. But such incidents are vanishingly small, seemingly, when compared to the number of police interactions with citizens every day across the country and I think it would be great if people would realize that.

And don't forget the Jews. You do know, that those you listed, weren't considered "white," right?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Looks like the BLM across the pond is equally ridiculous.

CrqgE_OW8AIojo0.jpg:large

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Hacked Soros Memo: $650,000 to Black Lives Matter[/URL][/QUOTE]

Just the employer paying his employees. Because we know a Jew who killed his own cares about others.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    #Blacklivesmatter

I always get a kick out of hearing communists talk about the rights of the individual...almost as much as I do out of the idiots who believe communists are concerned about the rights of the individual.

You're nothing, if not dedicated. I however, did miss the Communism-BLM connection in the article.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Professional stop. I wouldn't expect anything less from our neighbors to the south.

Kut (knows that's a big part of the reason Indy doesn't see the stuff in other places)

Yeah, but part of me wonders if dudes in tac gear commonly make traffic stops for speeding down Keystone. ;)

There's gotta be more to the story.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yeah, but part of me wonders if dudes in tac gear commonly make traffic stops for speeding down Keystone. ;)

There's gotta be more to the story.

Who knows, but you can trust they knew he had a warrant before they pulled him over.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom