Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Try and help me understand then. Guy has a gun in his apartment parking lot, when officers arrive to serve a warrant on another person. The notice a guy with a gun. Guy gets in car, then gets back out with, which better be, a gun in hand. He decides "**** it, today is a good day to die," and intentionally poses a threat to officers. There's something missing here, because that's just too outlandish to believe. I would be nice if there's vid of this encounter, which I doubt, to confirm the presence of a weapon after he exited the car the second time, and the threat he posed.

With the Tulsa shooting, you're right, it's highly likely he'd be alive if he was compliant. But that borders very closely to victim blaming. We are not allowed to shoot people, and say "well, he was non-compliant," and everything is ok. Any officer that has worked any reasonable amount of time, will have seen countless issues of non-compliance, and more than likely been in damn near the same situation that unfolded in Tulsa, minus the dead guy at the end.

I guess I can assume you've read or heard the report that said the guy was "carrying" the gun. They didn't really say whether he was carrying it when he got in the car, but they did say he was carrying when he got out. They told him to drop it, which sounds like he had it in his hand. He didn't drop it. As far as them targeting him because he was armed, according to the story, at what point does a person's behavior with a firearm constitute a reason for police to stop him? If the cop just happened to see him get out open-carrying in a holster, no. OC is legal without a permit in NC. And if by their laws that's not in itself a reason to stop them, yeah, I'd have a problem with that.

ETA: forgot to mention "victim blaming". That's nonsense. That's nowhere near victim blaming. I'm not saying he deserved to be killed. I am saying that it causes a more dangerous circumstance. Certainly you can agree that anyone, black or white, or brown, has a higher chance of getting shot by police when they're not compliant.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I guess I can assume you've read or heard the report that said the guy was "carrying" the gun. They didn't really say whether he was carrying it when he got in the car, but they did say he was carrying when he got out. They told him to drop it, which sounds like he had it in his hand. He didn't drop it. As far as them targeting him because he was armed, according to the story, at what point does a person's behavior with a firearm constitute a reason for police to stop him? If the cop just happened to see him get out open-carrying in a holster, no. OC is legal without a permit in NC. And if by their laws that's not in itself a reason to stop them, yeah, I'd have a problem with that.

ETA: forgot to mention "victim blaming". That's nonsense. That's nowhere near victim blaming. I'm not saying he deserved to be killed. I am saying that it causes a more dangerous circumstance. Certainly you can agree that anyone, black or white, or brown, has a higher chance of getting shot by police when they're not compliant.

From what I've read, they said he was carrying it before he entered the car, and was carrying it when he emerged from the car. Keep in mind, the time of day. It must of been light outside, because they said he was waiting on his kid to come home from school (Idk if that's true, but it gives us a setting). So guy who was noticed by officers serving a warrant, returns to his vehicle to.....? Then decides "yeah, let's start some **** with the police????" Like I said, I hope there's some video/audio of this going down, because the version we're being told doesn't make any sense.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    From what I've read, they said he was carrying it before he entered the car, and was carrying it when he emerged from the car. Keep in mind, the time of day. It must of been light outside, because they said he was waiting on his kid to come home from school (Idk if that's true, but it gives us a setting). So guy who was noticed by officers serving a warrant, returns to his vehicle to.....? Then decides "yeah, let's start some **** with the police????" Like I said, I hope there's some video/audio of this going down, because the version we're being told doesn't make any sense.

YES, how come the Police say gun, and the "witnesses" say a book ?????

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The man that was shot has died. Via Police Chief Kerr Putney

Seven officers and one civilian taken to hospitals

Edit: Person was shot by another civilian, not police

Cs69lDaXYAAxLSN.jpg:small

Last edited:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So we have another riot. This is the new normal. Terrorist attacks one week riots the next. I think all of us need to move to a new country.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Also, it would be unfair to call this a "race riot", and inaccurate. This is just a regular pointless riot.

A black cop shot a black suspect, and black civilians used it as an excuse to riot. If anything, maybe just anti-authority or anti-cop riot.

Just shows how misguided these things are. Fueled by false claims amplified by the media. News outlets benefit from the clicks and views, Presidential candidates benefit from the unrest, but the city and it's people suffer.

Edit:

SunnyRight said:
    A bunch of thugs claim to speak for "black America" because it gives them moral authority to riot without question. Don't let them.

These aren't protests. They're riots. To which black cops are responding and black National Guardsmen may have to respond.

They're riots that will affect the livelihoods of black shop owners and black reporters and black bystanders. That hurts the black community.

So tonight, pray for all those of all races who are responding to and having to cope with riots by opportunists claiming a high moral mantle in order to cover for their own desire to commit violence and destroy livelihoods and families. Pray for Charlotte and its people.

John Schindler said:
    Given the choice between violent mayhem & order, normal (people) with jobs, kids & mortgages ALWAYS choose order.

This is not complicated. At all.

Edit: ... God. Fox 10 aired the shooting (civilian on civilian) live. Not linking here. Just awful and stupid.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Terrorists in the highway attempting to block traffic and throwing things at cars now. They are swarming and jumping on cars...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom