• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    When I watch entertainment I just want to be entertained. I am not all that interested in my entertainers' political persuasions or pet causes.

When I see an actor/ress who has chosen to parade his/her stances out for me to see, it ruins my movies.

Case in point.

Goldmember was on last night and I used to just appreciate the humor and enjoy seeing it. Now when I would see Beyonce on the screen, the enjoyment level went down and the ire went up....

marmion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Hmm...Many blacks have not risen out poverty. Does that have primarily a racism cause, or is the cause a failure of the black underclass to adopt the aspirations, values and social behaviors (language being just one example) of the predominant society (probably)?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Hmm...Many blacks have not risen out poverty. Does that have primarily a racism cause, or is the cause a failure of the black underclass to adopt the aspirations, values and social behaviors (language being just one example) of the predominant society (probably)?

Many whites also haven't risen out of poverty (more actually when accounting pure numbers), is that racism, or is the cause of the failure of the white underclass to adopt the aspirations, values, and social behaviors of the predominant society? A completely fair question, which then also begs to ask what IS the predominant society?

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Many whites also haven't risen out of poverty (more actually when accounting pure numbers), is that racism, or is the cause of the failure of the white underclass to adopt the aspirations, values, and social behaviors of the predominant society? A completely fair question, which then also begs to ask what IS the predominant society?

Personnaly I think it's true of both groups. I think there is a nearly permanent underclass composed of whites and blacks who have failed to, or decided not to, adopt the aspirations,...etc.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Personnaly I think it's true of both groups. I think there is a nearly permanent underclass composed of whites and blacks who have failed to, or decided not to, adopt the aspirations,...etc.

Once addicted to the big brother teet it seems hard to impossible for some to rise above that level of existence.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    A patient the other day was watching TV and trump came on. She was 25. Her friend said "that man better not get elected, he's going to take away yours and everyone's disability check under age 65! That's how me and my old man raise our little man".

My patient was 25, pregnant, and smoking. Zero interest in life. It was so sad.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    10 years back,was delivering some packages to a house in South Bend in a not so good neighborhood,and two 12ish year old boys rode by on bikes.One said to the other,"I gotta get me some p###y before I go to Juvy"...............I guess predestined for Juvy.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    A patient the other day was watching TV and trump came on. She was 25. Her friend said "that man better not get elected, he's going to take away yours and everyone's disability check under age 65! That's how me and my old man raise our little man".

My patient was 25, pregnant, and smoking. Zero interest in life. It was so sad.

...are we talking the hot or nicotine?

Kut (thinks it obviously needs clarification)

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Yep plenty of whites in poverty and never gonna rise up. But you know what you don't hear??? No White Lives Matter movement. No kill black people movement. No kill police movement.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom