What I learned from the DNC speeches last night...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Mouse? I dont get it.

The mouse reference is generally used when someone speaks in the plural to someone else disavowing inclusion. The idea is that in order for you to be 'we', there must be a mouse in your pocket who is the other half of 'we'.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    The mouse reference is generally used when someone speaks in the plural to someone else disavowing inclusion. The idea is that in order for you to be 'we', there must be a mouse in your pocket who is the other half of 'we'.

Gotcha. Thanks bro. I have never heard that before in my life.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Of course not. Intelligence isn't innate, it is only earned with a paper slip.

Nobody is more fond of a license to practice medicine, build things, etc. than the person that holds the license. That license is a barrier to entry and inhibits competition. Is it any surprise that college graduates want to do the same thing?

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Nobody is more fond of a license to practice medicine, build things, etc. than the person that holds the license. That license is a barrier to entry and inhibits competition. Is it any surprise that college graduates want to do the same thing?

You know, I just found out today, that a guy here at work with a MBA, and 400+ a month in student loan payments, at age 48, makes less than I do, with no college at all, and no debt, at age 31.

If I was him, I would feel like college totally screwed me upwards and downwards.

Then I found out his wife ALSO hadnt paid her college tuition off either.... and quit her job to raise a kid.

jeepers.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You know, I just found out today, that a guy here at work with a MBA, and 400+ a month in student loan payments, at age 48, makes less than I do, with no college at all, and no debt, at age 31.

If I was him, I would feel like college totally screwed me upwards and downwards.

Then I found out his wife ALSO hadnt paid her college tuition off either.... and quit her job to raise a kid.

jeepers.

I never paid the first cent to a university and my base is $44,000 a year. I made just under $75k last year. Rumor is we're getting a $3 an hour raise. I'll believe it when I see it in my check though.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Saw what you will about a college education, but it has the potential of enriching one's life in ways beyond explanation.

Money may be important, but it can't grant happiness. There are examples of such throughout the entertainment world.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    You have the problem with overuse of antibiotics creating antibiotic resistant bacteria. So once again the irresponsible use of drugs really can and will affect all of us.

Such is a problem with the French culture. So much so, I'm shocked that the Eiffel Tower hasn't contracted MRSA. :rolleyes:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Going back to the topic ( :eek: )
    I learned this morning that Joe Scarboro is a kindred spirit of Matthews now. He was going on and on about how great every Democrat speaker was and what boring dolts all of the Republican speakers were.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Going back to the topic ( :eek: )
    I learned this morning that Joe Scarboro is a kindred spirit of Matthews now. He was going on and on about how great every Democrat speaker was and what boring dolts all of the Republican speakers were.

Wow. Are you a masochist or does someone pay you to watch those bozos?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Saw what you will about a college education, but it has the potential of enriching one's life in ways beyond explanation.
    One can be well read and educated without ever attending a College or Universtity... ;)
    Money may be important, but it can't grant happiness. There are examples of such throughout the entertainment world.
    I have yet to have enough money to put this statement to the test. I however, with some certainty say that being poor does not allow for much happiness either...

Last edited:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010

I just think its funny he is talking about the benefits of higher education and started out with an incorrectly spelled word. :)

Top Bottom