• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    I just picked up a tent, the MAC Kodiak quick set. Houses 4, weighs 6lb and can be constructed and taken down in a minute.

I have zero experience with this setup, and would enjoy hearing some experiences, pros and cons are PLUS.

Nothing? I guess I'll be the first and do a field test this weekend, and with the rain, should make it really fun :) :rockwoot:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I am interested in finding out how the test goes. I haven't gotten a tent. Kept thinking it would be too bulky and a pain to set up if moving daily. Tarp for a lean-to is my plan so far.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    The results:

the tent was pretty quick to setup, and even faster when I know exactly what Im doing (2 minutes or alittle over)

For coming in a small package, the tent was larger than expected.

taking it apart, was alittle more difficult, but still easier than expected.

I havent tested this over time, but so far it's looking to be a catch for those who want to be on the go, and not spend time screwing around.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    My daughter brought home a box cereal from an organic store last week. Found it filled with bugs yesterday. Had a forced cleaning of the pantry and rotated my stuff. My guess was about 200 critters were growing in the bag.

I called the store and told them. Seems we were not the only one. She purchased them from a store on the east side of Bloomington. They will replace it or give her her money back.

My daughter was not thrilled eating bugs for breakfast last time she was home. We found a few of the bugs had spread to the unopened flour and sugar so the horses got a treat.

Also found a few items from 2002 that we never caught.

Last edited:

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    The results:
    Thanks for the review. :yesway:
    I have a few questions.

1. Where did you get yours?
    2. Does it come with provisions to stake it down?
    3. Did you get a chance to test it in the rain? Results?
    4. What is your opinion of the quality for the price? (zippers, stitching, taped seams, waterproof floor)
    5. It looks like there is ventilation at the top under the rain fly. Is there ventilation anyplace else? Window?

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    2,000 rounds of 22 and finalized my plans for a trip to Indy to the restaraunt depot (32.69) for 100 pounds of beans. And while in Indy a stop to the Mormon Storehouse for a few things. If you need the basics the Mormons are great with a few items.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Spent some time field testing some gear and learned how to make an alcohol stove. Anyone around Mishawaka want to learn how to make an alcohol stove, pm me and I'll see if we can find a place to meet up to put one together.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    hey at least she bought some stuff to help the cause... these last few days are only used to buy what the family plans to eat on the next holiday.

I guess that all I accomplished so far this week was to load up all my AK mags, just to see the weight... no scales, but I know they are way heavy. Will do the same for the 5.56 AR as a comparison. This is more for the bug out plan than anything else. If we can't carry it why pack it?

Also worked on adding to the off-site cache. Biggest problem is no person to hold anything far out of town or state. My caches are only set up to get me home...

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    Repacked my bug out bag and bought J.W. Rawles book " How to survive the end of the world as we know it " in order to get my motivation back. Great read and highly recomended !

mattkellyind

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Marion In (Central)
    I went out and procurred 20 more pounds of lead(130lbs total) checked my gold and silver stock(barter items) and ate half my beef jerky (was doing good til I tried a piece there like m&ms cant eat just one) guess ill need to replenish that

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom