• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

thompbarn

Plinker
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Jun 9, 2010
    Bought around 400 tampons. No joke. It was on my list. Also got razors, toothbrushes, toothpaste, more lithium batteries, a hand pump. My list is getting shorter.

troy28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    Behind the crosshairs
    Bought around 400 tampons.

I don't disagree on the tampons. They have the obvious use but, are also good for nose bleeds (we used them all the time in wrestling and football) and starting fires. I would also suggest some maxi pads. Great for sanitary blood sponges to be used when applying pressure to larger wounds.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I bought some medical gear for some of my first aid kits.
    New spare batteries for my flashlights.
    Daily physical training to stay fit and hot for the ladies. ;)

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I've been meeting more of my country neighbors... Pleasantly surprised to be finding so many like minded folks. (I should have gotten out of the city a long time ago)

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I rotated out some MREs that were getting old and we've all been having fun opening and eating the old ones. I am beginning to think that when it says "tear open here" on the side of an MRE that it really means "You cannot tear this open here."

tooleman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    worked on shelveing in the garage to store items off the ground. work on daily supplies and bought some building supplies i.e. screws, nails

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I pushed propane out of my life, again. We have a 2 year old "high efficiency" furnace that cost nearly $4000 to heat our house with last winter. Well, that just isn't cutting it this year and the tank is empty. The sooner they come get it out of my herb garden plot, the better. I went back to old school and installed a Minnesota furnace. I built and installed a barrel stove (for under $75) utilizing the pre-existing cinder block chimney lined with clay tile. It is in the garage, and I hung a box fan from the ceiling to direct the heat into the house through the open door. Have been using it since last Sunday and it is keeping the house between 65 and 71 degrees with the potential to bump it up with ease. This was how I heated my home in northern MN for many years as do a LOT of other people. We seem to be burning about a rick per week based on the consumption so far and with additional insulating and weatherproofing I am relatively certain I can cut that in half. Even if you just buy the kit, barrel and stovepipe to store for emergency use, for the price it can't be beat. Next week I plan to install a flat top on it and make a baking box to sit atop the flat surface allowing us to cook with it should the need arise. For info, ideas or plans PM me and I can help, heck even if you need to know where to get barrels cheap. I even have a hookup on the 30 gallon drums that have become nearly impossible to find as well as the 55 gallon drums aplenty.

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    This week, I bought some extra quartz electric heaters and ordered a generator:
    Walmart.com: Champion 46517 4000 Peak / 3500 Running Watts Portable Generator- Not For Sale in CA: Tools

I just moved to NH and found out the apt. I have is Oil Heat (which is STUPID expensive). I figured it up, if I run the electric heaters in two rooms during the day (4 room,2 up/2 down) the heaters will run me $400 in electricity for 6 months (@ 12 hours a day). The oil heat would cost me $2500-3000 for 6 months (@68 degrees). Running the heater in the room with the thermostat prevents it from clicking on, so if I run the electric heat for 10-12 hrs a day and leave the oil for the night, I save $1200-1500 and spend $400. Net win = $1000.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Added ammo to an off-site cache. It isn't very far away, but it isn't at my place either. Right now it is more of a get home cache than anything. Will slowly build it to include enough for a 72 hour layover.

Had to buy more ammo to replenish what I put in the cache. How can it be that I have the same amount, but when I move it to another place it just isn't enough?

Added to my pitiful first aid pouch as well.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    My mother in law gave us a Presto pressure canner and some cash. I'd like to get an Excaliber Dehydrator, but we'll see. We are getting pretty set on our preservation methods, just need to put them in motion.

I was going to order propane because we are at 40% on our 500 gallon tank. The customer service rep said they like to wait until you are at 25% or so. I asked when we got it filled last...Nov 2009! Ok, I guess I can wait...small house, 60 degrees and a wood stove when we need it. Our heating is about $250-300 a year.

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    With the cold weather setting in - it made me repack my B.O.B. with a set of winter clothing. Just in case. Hopefully a bug out will happen in the summer though- Right????

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom