• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Bought a Paracord bracelet..Trying to figure out how to get it unwound...Hoping I don't have to because it's so damm good looking.

Go online and find the how-to videos on making your own at a fraction of the price. Conversely, go to a book store and find one of those "friendship bracelet" books in the kids' section.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Started walking/jogging on a treadmill. My best friend said he bought it at a yard
    sale. Then he looked at my gut and said I should take it home...I didn't know if I should
    be insulted or grateful. I've been using it for 3 weeks and gained 4 lbs!!!! WTF ???
    Next week I hope to disc my 1/2 acre plot and plant the winter wheat. Think I got that part figgered out...don't have a clue how I'm gonna harvest it yet...

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Started walking/jogging on a treadmill. My best friend said he bought it at a yard
    sale. Then he looked at my gut and said I should take it home...I didn't know if I should
    be insulted or grateful. I've been using it for 3 weeks and gained 4 lbs!!!! WTF ???
    Next week I hope to disc my 1/2 acre plot and plant the winter wheat. Think I got that part figgered out...don't have a clue how I'm gonna harvest it yet...

You gained the 4 lbs because you GAINED muscle - which of course weighs more than fat. (bet you are losing some "loose" - fat - also. Right?)
    (Feel a little "tighter" in certain areas?)

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Just loaded up more ammo for the glock. Winterized the BOB, and made up some jerky for the first time in forever.

Last edited:

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Back in the gym after some time off. Stronger than ever.

2 dryfire sessions

1 heavy bag, sparring session w/ 2 partners.

Canned some strawberry jam
    Dried a bunch of sunflower seeds

Went camping with the family. Always good practice to change, modify living out of packs and boxes around a fire. As my daughters get older, needs change. Food, clothing, privacy/modesty etc. They are also given more and more responsibility around camp.

Reloaded 200 rounds of .45. 200g.
    Bought a new slick, low pro plate carrier.

browncofiddler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Brown County
    Got New Zealand white rabbits.

Bought a scope for my Ruger 10/22.

Hubby bought a rifled barrel w/scope for his Remington 870 so he can put some venison in the freezer and some in canning jars.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Bought a new GHB. Plan is to recycle my old one and let me newly licensed kid have it. Will help keep the stuff I put in the car all together. Maybe it will travel to other vehicles as she does. She likes having the prep, but I think she is kind of embarrassed to show her friends. Will work on that as well.

Bought another k of .223 and 7.62x39. Three more boxes of SD ammo, single point sling adapter for the AR, and a dozen 123 batteries.

Loaded up a duffel bag with extra sets of clothing for each family member as well as old coats, shoes etc that aren't worn any longer. This is going to my parent's place to sit with the ammo, food, water and rifle that I have already left there.

Been thinking more about what to do if we lost it all in a fire or tornado. Don't have a BOL, but adding caches is the next best thing.

Also picked up some foot powder, knee brace, ankle brace and another ace type bandage for one of the BOBs. Got a one handed tourniquet and tested it out.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I finally started to read "Where there is no doctor". Wow that's a great book and packed full of everything I'd been looking for as far as health treatments go. So far it's been a great book and I'd recommend buying it to read and keep on the shelf.

Also, my first AR build parts should be here Monday, so I'll be learning & understanding how the platform works that much better.

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    Last weekend went to up to Indy and visited with the wife's family. Her cousin is living with his gf and her parents who happen to be Mormon. Got to see their storage stuff. They gave me some emergency blankets and a grain mill. Of which they had a box full of blankets and 15 grain mills!

Also got in the mail an AMK (Adventure Medical Kit) for the car and a Steripen adventurer opti both for $50.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    That is a great book, I have it on my bookshelf.

This week I doubled up on chicken feed and also got 5 gallon buckets enough to an open bag worth.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom