• Status
    Not open for further replies.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I bought a swiss army knife called the soldier mostly because it has the long saw blade. I can't wait to try it out.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I am redoing my supply pantry, building new shelves & organizing my supplies this week. Also rotating some stock, changing the water in the 20 litre jerry cans, and checking the generators and batteries.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Got another K of .22 long rifle, 100 rounds of both .40 and .45 hardball.

Bought four bottles of allergy pills that went generic on me so no more insurance runs. Easier to stock extras this way.

Added to the toothpaste, toothbrush pile as well. Second BOB was empty.

Also got another crank light. Has a radio with it, but not good (which I suspected anyhow). Will hang it from the second BOB. They are handy at times and keep the kids busy when the electric is off.

Picked up another headlamp as well. Once again for the second BOB.

Bought additional foodstuff, 10 cases of MREs, TP, case of beer and more honey.

Need to check with two local places that sell honey to see what the cost savings will be.

Picked up a couple dozen farm fresh eggs. Talked to the lady about what she does with her chickens and such. Want to get a couple to try out, but need safer area for them.

Declared war on the tree rats and chipmunks in the area after I saw what they did to the wiring harness on my mower. Hopefully will be practicing my skinning sometime soon.

Bought another 275 gallon tote for water storage. Need to get it cleaned out and filled before cold gets here.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Had an MRE picnic today at the range. Worked up a new heavier bullet load in my 30-06 that going to almost double the impact energy at 1000 yards, cause less wind drift, and less elevation to dope so it's a win in every way of looking at it.

Tested out my glocks new 3.5# trigger, and finished off some junk ammo. Had several glock malfunctions so the myth has been busted.

Confirmed my drop chart on my 223 precision rifle out to 600, and confirmed the scope on my go to AR out to 500 yards. Zeroed my hunting rifle and muzzleloader, and tested out the new 11-87. I took darn near all my guns to the range today for one reason or another and now they're all right where I want them to be.

Started listening to Rawles new book "Survivors" Amazon.com: Survivors: A Novel of the Coming Collapse (9781439172803): James Wesley Rawles: Books and so far it's been good.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    that myth is still out there as yours is no longer a factory glock :)

Blah, I had factory glock parts installed by a glock armorer. The myth is busted and I have to admit I was really ticked off by how many times the gun failed today. It was good training to clear a malfunction, but it's not something I want to ever have happen again. I just need the XD to bring out a 10mm model and I'll jump ship like a politician.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Sounds to me like the ammo was to blame, not the glock.

***Staying on Topic***​

Bought three more sets of Ice Cleats.

Not trying to hijack, but the ammo I was referring to as junk was called junk because it wouldn't stablize and fly true. My handloads were dead on accurate and I even had a jam with one of them. Just can't win.

Staying on topic, my new swiss army knife arrived in the mail and it's a nice piece. It'll never win a tacticool contest, but it sure is handy and seems to be build pretty well.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    bought more food, ammo, fuel containers, camping supplies, rotated stored bulk water, range day, cleaned weapons, organized cleaning supplies, put together another cashe site and started building inventory there, worked through the planning part of some training drills being setup for cold weather, and some more I am sure that I forget right now.

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    Got an Otis 5.56 cleaning kit from my step-dad that he payed 5 bucks for brand new. Bought and read a mormon cookbook. Who wants some pinto bean cookies!

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    I dug out the last of the taters from the garden, and put up another 6 quarts for the winter. We still have carrots that are doing well so we will have to take care of them soon. I picked up another 4 cases of MRE's to add to our food storage. Today I tuned up the generator, and run it for a good while, then built a metal roof for the firewood rack closest to the house. Winter will be here soon !!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Finished cutting Soybeans last night.
    Harvest was better than expected, as we ran out of bin space so 3 truck loads were hauled into the Elevator...

Today...
    Today was spent BS'ing with the Neighbors and watching the rain fall...
    All in all a damn good day for a LOOOOONNNNG week...

Brando

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Bought a Paracord bracelet..Trying to figure out how to get it unwound...Hoping I don't have to because it's so damm good looking.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom