• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Plowed about a .5 acre area with the 2 bottom plow. Will let it compost for 3-4
    weeks then disc and plant winter wheat ...see what happens. Gonna drag out the old soil tester kit to see how it works.
    Thinking about rabbits and chickens....a big leap for a town feller. Probably will need the fertilizer.

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Finally got the logic of "eat what you store, store what you eat" through to my wife. Now we are rotating through our preps and replacing them 2 for 1 as we shop.

Shared some basic concepts and precepts with a close friend. Nothing major yet; just planting the seeds of preparedness. Every family that prepares now, is one family that we won't have to decide whether to help or turn away some day.

Took some provisions to our BOL a couple weeks ago. Not only did it free up space in our relatively compact urban dwelling, it made the retreat that much more ready should we need it.

I hope in 10 or 20 years we have a good time eating through all the food and shooting through all the ammo we never needed, since our country returned to the concepts that the Founders intended. Until then I'll wish in one hand and prep with the other, so to speak.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I took the entire week off from working out. I was overtrained, sick and sore. The week off did me good. Ready to hit it.

2 dry fire sessions. AK, G19, bolt gun

1 trip to the range with other guys, so we could work team drills. Bounding overwatch, react to contact, bounding forward etc.

1 afternoon, evening of bushcraft work. Walked right into a safetyzone that had been opened up to bowhunting without me knowing. Yikes. Ninjas in trees all around me.

Bought 1000 rds 9mm
    Reloaded 125 rds .38 spl. Enough for an entire year for me.

For the Survival Pantry:
    Bought a bunch of canned corn and green beans
    Bought a bunch of olives
    Bought 36 oz of honey

Syxxthkidd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    we canned most of the veggies from the garden this weekend, and put it in the pantry with the reat of the canned and dry goods, we dont just save it though, we will be eating alot of it over the winter.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I took the entire week off from working out. I was overtrained, sick and sore. The week off did me good. Ready to hit it.

2 dry fire sessions. AK, G19, bolt gun

1 trip to the range with other guys, so we could work team drills. Bounding overwatch, react to contact, bounding forward etc.

1 afternoon, evening of bushcraft work. Walked right into a safetyzone that had been opened up to bowhunting without me knowing. Yikes. Ninjas in trees all around me.

Bought 1000 rds 9mm
    Reloaded 125 rds .38 spl. Enough for an entire year for me.

For the Survival Pantry:
    Bought a bunch of canned corn and green beans
    Bought a bunch of olives
    Bought 36 oz of honey

Define a dryfire "session", please, if you would.

What did I do this week? Well, I worked with my son on shooting fundamentals (Red Ryder BB gun for his b-day last month) and added some canned goods (10/$10 at kroger).

I'm also working on a plan for some shelves that need built. Some things need moved outta the pantry area, and those things need a place.

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    Picked up some more water purification tablets, a new magnesium fire starter and awaiting my Gerber Gator Jr. in the mail...... It's so fun getting new goodies in the mail!!! Kind of like Christmas with the click of a mouse :D

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Bought 2 pairs of Yaktrax Pro Traction Cleats for Snow and Ice to put in my get home bags. Picked up a box of Hot Hands to be divided between both bags also.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Picked up more canned spaghetti sauce (Hunts) (5 for $5) - bought 10 cans - and 4 pounds of thin spaghetti. Also, used a store coupon to buy 2 boxes of Ritz crackers. One for now, one stored. (Actually, hidden from my granddaughter)
    Picked up another bucket from the bakery.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Indytechnerd,

Here is roughly what my dry practice looks like. I take about 15 minutes per gun, or 10 if I do two guns in one session.

I practice in a safe place with no live ammo around or live mags. No alcohol. If I have had one beer an hour prior I don't dryfire that evening.

With my G19 I practice the 4 step draw stroke, making sure my thumb flags high, indexed properly, everything tucked in high and tight. I pay attention to #3, and then punch out to 4 and focus on the front sight. I do that 10 times, Then I do a regular full draw, with FAST. Fight. Assess. Scan. Top off. 10 of those. I finish with slidelock, emergency reloads, and maybe a couple weakhand or one hand manipulation.

With the AK I really work reloads. Focusing on rocking that mag in. I do it until I can do it with my eyes closed. I do it standing, kneeling, prone, always with a mag insertion, run the bolt and get on the sights. I usually do this with a mag carrier so I can grab mags without looking as well, and keep my head up. I see a lot of guys looking down at their rigs to pull mags. I don't do that. I train to keep my eyes down range.

For my bolt gun, I get into prone and dial the scope back to 4. Bipod and sandbag it. Using snap caps, I chamber a round and safe it. I try for consistancy in everything. So, I snuggle in, get a solid stock weld, check the bubble in my level one more time, release the safety, breath, make the shot, and quickly do my follow through, keeping my eye on the scope. I do that maybe 15-20 times. I like to see my bubble in the middle at the end off each cycle.

Thats about it. Sometimes I work with my J frame and work pocket draws and using a @$%#& speedstrip.

Or I work with my AR, but thats pretty darn easy.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    In the last week I've loaded up another 300rds of some 200gr hollow point 10mm loads. Now the inventory is back up to where it should be.

I've got some more match bullets on order and should be arriving tomorrow so I can get my working inventory of long range 223 ammo back to where it should be along with some heavier 30cal bullets so I can try to make my long range rifle even that much more consistant and effective.

Along with the bullets I have a new book called "survivors" on the way along with some millenium bars to try out and see how I like them as a SHTF snack. And there will also be another two sportsmans space blankets arriving tomorrow. It was a big shopping week for me as I haven't really reloaded much ammo in a long time and I wasn't aware that my inventory was getting as low/bad as it was.

sentinelrepublic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Noblesville
    12 cans corn, 12 cans potatoes, 12 cans mixed fruit, 12 cans black beans, 6 cans chicken, 6 cans spam, 25 lb white rice, 6 gallons distilled water, 2 boxes of saltine crackers.

infebious

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 13, 2009
    Picked up a 4 man tent on sale at Dicks and got a free mummy bag as part of the deal, $53 w tax. Can't beat it!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom