• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    If they will know anyway, i see no problem with handing my LTCH with my DL and insurance. I have always answered truthfully when asked anyway, and have never been disarmed. Police have a job to do, and if i follow the law, we shouldn't have any dealings anyway.

Chesh97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2011
    NE Indiana
    If they will know anyway, i see no problem with handing my LTCH with my DL and insurance. I have always answered truthfully when asked anyway, and have never been disarmed. Police have a job to do, and if i follow the law, we shouldn't have any dealings anyway.

Now, get outta here with that nonsense. All the JBT's are gonna rip you out of the car and curb stomp everybody because you say you have a gun LOl

Seriously, some people are way too ****ing paranoid regarding a simple traffic stop. They happen several times a day, every day. You don't have drugs or a warrant, aren't drunk, have a license & proper tags... the worst outcome ....*may be a ticket.

Lighten up people.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    Now, get outta here with that nonsense. All the JBT's are gonna rip you out of the car and curb stomp everybody because you say you have a gun LOl

Seriously, some people are way too ****ing paranoid regarding a simple traffic stop. They happen several times a day, every day. You don't have drugs or a warrant, aren't drunk, have a license & proper tags... the worst outcome ....*may be a ticket.

Lighten up people.

Please quit inciting calmness and rational thought - this is generally discouraged on INGO regarding LEO encounters.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Ive been stopped with my EDC on me, he asked if I had a firearm on me, I replied yes, end of story.

I dont know any LEO's (and I know most of them in my area) that will disarm you simply because you have a LTCH. Just be straight up with them... Give respect, get respect. Something as simple as telling him "Hey yeah, I got one in my back seat" or "Yeah, its in a holster on my belt".. That little bit can go a long way...

-MColford

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I just got pulled over this morning heading to Church by a state trooper for having my sticker over the month on my plate. He even had me get out of the vehicle so he could explain why he pulled me over. I was CCing my full size PT92 and had a loaded AR15 in the back. I have IDPA and NRA stickers on my vehicle.

He never asked, I never told. Still just got a warning-though I doubt there was anything he could have actually ticketed me for since my plates WERE current.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    I just got pulled over this morning heading to Church by a state trooper for having my sticker over the month on my plate. He even had me get out of the vehicle so he could explain why he pulled me over. I was CCing my full size PT92 and had a loaded AR15 in the back. I have IDPA and NRA stickers on my vehicle.

He never asked, I never told. Still just got a warning-though I doubt there was anything he could have actually ticketed me for since my plates WERE current.

Improper display is ticketable.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Improper display is ticketable.

And there you have it. I think we busted the myth of 'telling equals warning' at least I hope so...

BTW he was very professional and even though the stop took a long time he did have two of us pulled over at once. He actually pulled in front of me to turn on his lights them wanted me to drive beside him so he could tell me to pull over behind the other car, very strange indeed. I do have audio of the encounter ;)

sumphead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Coal Creek, IN
    Thank you rational people. I am not in law enforcement, but know very many that are. When you add the couple here the consensus is they PREFER that you tell them when stopped. Please keep in mind that you probably* did something wrong to be stopped in the first place and not many, definitely not ALL LEOs are out to violate your rights. Acting like an ass would make me suspicious...

I have found that 99% of LEOs are respectful and diligent in their proper duties. It is bad when you read about the few (especially IMPD) in the media. I can hope a great community like this would support our men and women in uniform and not be so suspect of them.

cobraguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    the only time i got pulled over when i was carren was on my bike i had my jacket on so u couldnt really tell he never asked but i fealt i he had a right to now i told him before he ever had my license in his hand

his reply was thanks for tellen me but u dont need to tell me it was kinda weird thats the only time its ever happend

bnatc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I woudn't offer any information unless specifically asked about it. According to some officers on INGO they can now tell if you have a LTCH when they run your drivers license. No big deal just be honest and you should have no problems.

This would probably get it over with as soon as possible.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    If you're carrying in public and you are confronted with a LEO. You SHOULD make him/her aware that you are carrying and you do have a LTCH. This is for your safety and theirs. It is literally something that can get you KILLED.
    If you get pulled over, put your hands at 10 and 2. Before you two talk about the reason why you were pulled over advise him/her that you have a firearm and it is where ever you have it. Then ask him/her what you should do regarding the firearm.
    For those of you saying don't offer more information than needed are seriously looking for a reason to get hurt on a traffic stop. If you're legally carrying (which should be the only method) YOU HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE, it will do nothing but protect you. IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO CARRY LEGALLY. Therefore, both parties need to know that there is a firearm so there are no surprises.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If you're carrying in public and you are confronted with a LEO. You SHOULD make him/her aware that you are carrying and you do have a LTCH. This is for your safety and theirs. It is literally something that can get you KILLED.

:scratch: Why would a LEO kill me for carrying a gun?

...For those of you saying don't offer more information than needed are seriously looking for a reason to get hurt on a traffic stop...

I still can't fathom why that would be a reason to hurt me during a traffic stop. If it is a reason, as you imply, why on earth would I tell them? :dunno:

Having something that's not illegal shouldn't surprise anyone ...whether it's mentioned or not.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    Ok, picture this... "good afternoon sir, the reason I stopped you today is that you were running a little fast. May I see your license and vehicle registration please?". As you reach for your wallet your coat gets brushed to the side revealing your firearm. Although you are legally carrying and you have no bad intent, the officer merely sees the action of your hand on the right side of your body with a firearm exposed. What do you do next as an officer with little to no reaction time? The vast majority of officers probably have their weapons drawn just reading this post. And depending on high pressure experience some would probably get "tunnel vision" and may shoot.

Same scenario with females, reach in to your purse for your wallet but your revolver is right next to it. Now I really dont know what you're grabbing for.

They're not going to kill you for having the gun but due to the totality of circumstances many endings to what could have been a non eventful scenario could arise.

And believe it or not, the carry population is relatively small therefore making it a surprise. It all comes down to the simple saying, better to be safe than sorry.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    And depending on high pressure experience some would probably get "tunnel vision" and may shoot.
    hmm.. i should go out with tattoos all over my arms, just an open shoulder rig, and try to get pulled over and not say a word. i thought there were psychological and mental stress tests aimed at preventing these things.. might as well give all the crazies guns with your logic.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Went to Duinham's so that I could ...

... get prepared to go home safe, tonight. While there I was wire-tie-stripped the action, just to buy some cheap WWB ammo to finish out my day. A local Dick was in the store there to appovte "safety procedure." What a dick. Maxsell badge, I'd bet.
    :scratch: Why would a LEO kill me for carrying?
    I still can't fathom why that would be a reason to hurt me during a traffic stop. If it is a reason, as you imply, why on earth would I tell them? :dunno:

Having something that's not illegal shouldn't surprise anyone ...whether it's mentioned or not.

Top Bottom