• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    How about this: don't murder people when they reach for the thing you just demanded from them.

That should probably be a rule.

I'm still not giving them any extra info since there are some who just couldn't resist disarming me and jacking around with my gun at the side of the road.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    hmm.. i should go out with tattoos all over my arms, just an open shoulder rig, and try to get pulled over and not say a word. i thought there were psychological and mental stress tests aimed at preventing these things.. might as well give all the crazies guns with your logic.

It is now clear youve never been faced with a high pressure stress scenario. You can test people and talk about it all you want but when it comes down to me going home or you going home I'll tell you right now it's not going to be you. It's real easy to talk about what the police mess up or don't do correctly but most of that stems off what the public does. Give someone all the training in the world and there's still a chance they will forget all that under pressure and resort to instinct. But hey it's cool just cause you were afraid to be embarrassed by the POSSIBILITY of being disarmed for the pure aspect of safety cause you didn't want to admit you had a weapon with you. With your logic...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    How about this: don't murder people when they reach for the thing you just demanded from them.

That should probably be a rule.

I'm still not giving them any extra info since there are some who just couldn't resist disarming me and jacking around with my gun at the side of the road.

How about this: you know your only gabbing for your wallet but right next to your hand is a firearm that could potentially hurt me. That I didn't know about.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...You can test people and talk about it all you want but when it comes down to me going home or you going home I'll tell you right now it's not going to be you.

If you get in the habit of murdering people on traffic stops, you're going to prison, not home.

...But hey it's cool just cause you were afraid to be embarrassed by the POSSIBILITY of being disarmed for the pure aspect of safety cause you didn't want to admit you had a weapon with you. With your logic...

Sounds like I'm the only one who's not safe if you pull me over.

How about this: you know your only gabbing for your wallet but right next to your hand is a firearm that could potentially hurt me. That I didn't know about.

I could hurt you without a firearm. Please don't murder me simply because I could hurt you.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    there is so much win in the last 2 pages of this thread. indycolts, please don't be that cop of whom shoots me because i didn't feel it was necessary to tell you i have a gun on my person..

Let me lunge for my glovebox real quick.. i know LEOs appreciate a quick hustle to get the traffic stop over.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    You've got to be kidding me. Please tell me you don't take any of that seriously especially the last one.

Not too seriously, no, but if you draw and/or shoot everyone that has a gun or has the capability of hurting you, you should consider another line of work. ;)

I normally open carry. I don't carry my wallet close to my holster. My hands are visible when approached. Nothing in my mannerisms would indicate a threat. If they notice the gun and get skittish and draw on me, that is their failure rather than mine. They have turned a safe stop into an unsafe one.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    que_no_hablo_ingles1.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    ... get prepared to go home safe, tonight. While there I was wire-tie-stripped the action, just to buy some cheap WWB ammo to finish out my day. A local Dick was in the store there to appovte "safety procedure." What a dick. Maxsell badge, I'd bet.

You went where? The local Dick's Sporting Goods? They tied you with wires and stripped you?
    :dunno:

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    I have found that 99% of LEOs are respectful and diligent in their proper duties. It is bad when you read about the few (especially IMPD) in the media. I can hope a great community like this would support our men and women in uniform and not be so suspect of them.[/QUOTE]

Same can be said of Gun owners. 99% of us are law abiding honest polite individuals. Its that 1% in the media that give us a bad name. And as long as each group looks at the other with the 1% in mind The Respect that should be there for ALL CITIZENS is missing.

I have had the privilege of meeting some Fine Police officers and Gun owners. I have also ran into the not so fine Gun owners and Police officers.

emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel
    Ive been stopped with my EDC on me, he asked if I had a firearm on me, I replied yes, end of story.

I dont know any LEO's (and I know most of them in my area) that will disarm you simply because you have a LTCH. Just be straight up with them... Give respect, get respect. Something as simple as telling him "Hey yeah, I got one in my back seat" or "Yeah, its in a holster on my belt".. That little bit can go a long way...

-MColford

Drive through Carmel. I was polite, let him know I had a weapon and he still had me remove it and hand it to him through the window. It was my first stop while CCing. Won't happen again.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Drive through Carmel. I was polite, let him know I had a weapon and he still had me remove it and hand it to him through the window. It was my first stop while CCing. Won't happen again.

Police are not allowed to disarm you at will, they MUST have RAS to disarm a citizen and seize his legally possessed weapon. That said I would not resist an order but would assert my rights (I do not consent to being searched, but I will not resist) and HE would have to disarm me. Handing a cop a loaded gun is bad for so many reasons.

Also if you read the law they must then go before a judge and give testimony as to the reason for disarming you. That is if you do not let them give it back to you.

emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel
    Police are not allowed to disarm you at will, they MUST have RAS to disarm a citizen and seize his legally possessed weapon. That said I would not resist an order but would assert my rights (I do not consent to being searched, but I will not resist) and HE would have to disarm me. Handing a cop a loaded gun is bad for so many reasons.

Also if you read the law they must then go before a judge and give testimony as to the reason for disarming you. That is if you do not let them give it back to you.

I know that NOW (because of this forum). That's why I said it will never happen again.

Top Bottom