What do you make of the INGO reputation system?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Maybe I'm missing something. I have seen very few posts that seem like whining or complaining, and more just discussion, and quite a few random snarky comments. (which I find hilarious) :dunno:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I do not see it as necessary. I will rep when people help me out. Or, someone gets a nice new gun etc. Some do take it to serious. Like loosing in an online game.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    So how do you disable rep? :dunno: I dont want people seeing my gold badge and singling me out as a member of the snot nosed rep whore clique thats too good for everyone :D

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Is there an option to turn it off? If no option exist in the system is there a way to request it be turned off?

I didn't think the rep system was such a big deal but after reading the strong comments by some it apparently is a very big deal. I would just as so opt out if I could.

Any response from the powers that be (mods) on being able to turn it off on a individual basis?

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Ok guys, here's how we can fix the rep system. After all, its time for some change:

INGO needs to immediately institute a rep tax. 1/3 of each member's rep earned in a given month will be taken away from them and given out to those who can't say enough repworthy things to earn a badge of their own. In this manner the rep can be fairly redistributed. For those in the highest rep brackets we won't take as much rep, maybe only 1/6 because they are doing more to generate rep. For those with the lowest reps we won't take anything but they will still be eligible to sign up and apply for rep welfare. How's that for a plan? Hope and change for INGO! :rockwoot:

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Is there an option to turn it off? If no option exist in the system is there a way to request it be turned off?

I didn't think the rep system was such a big deal but after reading the strong comments by some it apparently is a very big deal. I would just as so opt out if I could.

Any response from the powers that be (mods) on being able to turn it off on a individual basis?

It says that you can disable it in the FAQ........but I don't see the option. I know that I could do it back when I joined.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Users and MODs cannot turn off the rep system. Only the site admin can do that and Scutter had his turned off as an experiment a while ago.

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    But we are here to help and educate!

springfield_trp.jpg

One of many fine SA examples!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom