What do you make of the INGO reputation system?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

dhdoug

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    hancock county
    i have given out way more than recieved but thats cool with me. i dont post too many things that are more than a sentence or two mostly due to my lack of typing skills. when i have got the good rep, i dunno,i will bare my soul and admit that it seemed nice. have to take the bad rep too though(even though it was bullsh#$ :) i think) . i will be here rep system or no rep system. tired from so much typing-later

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    i have given out way more than recieved but thats cool with me. i dont post too many things that are more than a sentence or two mostly due to my lack of typing skills. when i have got the good rep, i dunno,i will bare my soul and admit that it seemed nice. have to take the bad rep too though(even though it was bullsh#$ :) i think) . i will be here rep system or no rep system. tired from so much typing-later

I would rep you for your avatar!

"Welcome to the Machine!!"

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You Sir, have a bright future as a Democratic Strategist. :D
    They may be hiring early in November.

I disagree. I predict the market will be suddenly flooded with out-of-work Dems looking for jobs in the various fields of DNC politics. :rockwoot:

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    This thread is everywhere, but are TRP's made in the U.S.?

They are assembled and fitted in the US. The TRP is a higher end model that recieves much more attention when fitting and finishing in the states. Most of the parts are made by Imbel in Brazil. They are still high quality, forged slides and frames that are built into the TRP series.

The lower end Sprinfields are assembled in Brazil. There are a few mil-specs that were/are assembled in the US, but they are very hard to find.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    Just turn the user rep toggle on. Those who want to use it and believe they benefit from it can. Those who don't simply don't. No big deal...

Anyone notice that almost everyone that has posted in this thread for either side has a badge :D

:+1: I hesitated to post my opinion because I felt so rep inadequate. Reminded be of the boy's locker room in high school....:D

Last edited:

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    The more I think about it, this thread really does accurately depict how people feel about the rep system.

-Some people love it and take it seriously
    -Some people think its terrible and hate it
    -Most people think it's a big joke, but jokes are fun.

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    Personally, I think the negative red rep bars and badges look cooler than the positive rep. We need a revamp to make positive rep look more hardcore and bada**!

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    I just use the rep system as way of acknowledging someones post or a specific comment. Those with high rep counts also seem to be; very helpful, seem to be in agreement with a larger peer group, or have a way with words that strikes people as noteworthy.

Unless there is an overhead issue with the server or ? I don't really see any reason to change it.

Besides, I just got my first badge and I would kinda like to enjoy it for a while.:D

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    the mil spec is a good way to start. I managed to get mine with low round count for under $450. Then you can do with it what you want in the way of mods. One thing I don't like about the newer kimbers, is they have that schwartz safety system and some have switched to a external extractor. I like mine moreso how JM Browning designed it, but with a few tweaks here and there. Either one are good, just depends on what you are looking for. :twocents:

Just to continue the thread jack, Kimber makes models with and without the Swartz safety system. Models with a II in have it and those without the II don't.

The external extractor fiasco occured in the early to mid 2000's and they were HORRIBLE, Kimber went back to the internal extractors several years ago. Kimber will still switch out the EE with a IE if you are having a problem with one.

As far as the rep system, I enjoy having it here. Most of my reps go for people who post about their new guns, range reports, post that make me laugh and post about the COLTS!!!!

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    As far as the rep system, I enjoy having it here. Most of my reps go for people who post about their new guns, range reports, post that make me laugh and post about the COLTS!!!!

I am considering buying a new gun, I shot at FNS the other night and did pretty well for my first competition shoot using an FNX-9 (no malfunctions, just user slowness responsible for some slow times,) *insert something funny*, and I don't like the colts.

Does that count?

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I am considering buying a new gun, I shot at FNS the other night and did pretty well for my first competition shoot using an FNX-9 (no malfunctions, just user slowness responsible for some slow times,) *insert something funny*, and I don't like the colts.

Does that count?

Nope, well......because really it wasn't funny. Sorry but nice try.

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    the more "rep" you have on this site, along with posts for you guys who live here, the less actual life you have.

Give me negative rep if you think I am wrong.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom