What do you make of the INGO reputation system?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Users and MODs cannot turn off the rep system. Only the site admin can do that and Scutter had his turned off as an experiment a while ago.

Someone needs to update the FAQ then.......

What if I don't want anyone to see my reputation?
    You can disable the display of your reputation by going to your User CP and selecting Edit Options. On this page you will find a check box labelled 'Show Your Reputation Level'. Un-checking this box will remove the display of your reputation and replace it with the Reputation Disabled icon. You can still give and receive reputation while your reputation display is disabled.

Taken from FAQ

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I'll take a TRP over a Kimber any day.........:twocents:

I don't know anything about 1911's other than the basics of how they work.

It's the only "type" of pistol left for me to purchase, and I'm trying to decide what I want. I had always heard good things about Kimber. I like SA though. I could have gotten a Mil Spec for $500 at the Tipton Gun Show. Probably should have done it.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township

It's the only "type" of pistol left for me to purchase, and I'm trying to decide what I want. I had always heard good things about Kimber. I like SA though. I could have gotten a Mil Spec for $500 at the Tipton Gun Show. Probably should have done it.

You can find 'em for $500 here and there.......won't be your last chance

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    so, after 12 pages what does THE FENWAY think about the responses to this thread?
    Other than, we are a bunch of children with EBRs :)

:yesway:

I hated my Springfield that was built in Brazil. I'll take the TRP any day. I won't buy another Brazilian though.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County

the mil spec is a good way to start. I managed to get mine with low round count for under $450. Then you can do with it what you want in the way of mods. One thing I don't like about the newer kimbers, is they have that schwartz safety system and some have switched to a external extractor. I like mine moreso how JM Browning designed it, but with a few tweaks here and there. Either one are good, just depends on what you are looking for. :twocents:

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    the passerby in this thread would have a hard time believing that it's full of GROWN men given the seriousness with which they whine about the rep system.

I do find it amusing that no women are bothering to comment about rep. ;)

That's probably because we know we're worthy of more rep than we've been given. We're kinda used to that sort of thing. :D

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I do find it amusing that no women are bothering to comment about rep. ;)

That's probably because we know we're worthy of more rep than we've been given. We're kinda used to that sort of thing. :D

I'd give you the same rep that I would give a man for the same post as long as you don't expect me to hold doors open for you, or pay for dinner. :D

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Ok guys, here's how we can fix the rep system. After all, its time for some change:

INGO needs to immediately institute a rep tax. 1/3 of each member's rep earned in a given month will be taken away from them and given out to those who can't say enough repworthy things to earn a badge of their own. In this manner the rep can be fairly redistributed. For those in the highest rep brackets we won't take as much rep, maybe only 1/6 because they are doing more to generate rep. For those with the lowest reps we won't take anything but they will still be eligible to sign up and apply for rep welfare. How's that for a plan? Hope and change for INGO! :rockwoot:

You Sir, have a bright future as a Democratic Strategist. :D
    They may be hiring early in November.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom