• ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I just go to GM to coonfinger and for comic relief. Really, if you're having a bad day, just hang out by the gun counter and listed to the "advice". Always makes me laugh.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    In Merrillville, most of the guys behind the counter are so busy hitting on girls they don't have time to show guns anyway.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Guess I'm seeing different prices at my local Gander. I pick up remington 9mm for $14.99 a box (same as federal at walmart). Got my Moss 500 persuader new at Gander for $319 + tax. They also have clay quail, dove, and rabbits for someone looking for more of a challenge than shooting pigeon sized clays. Got an uncle mikes iwb holster for my shield for $15. Certain things are priced very reasonably. Their 5.11 boots are also the best price I could find.

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    Overpriced ammo . But at least they have most everything . No .22 ever unless you camp at the front door . Lots of eye candy too

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I've bought a couple guns at GM that were priced comparable to any other LGS. GM is a much less intimidating place for new gun owners than nearly every shop in town. I've been frequenting several shops for the last 5-6 years but there are a few here in town that I still feel intimidated when I go in. Too much of a good old boy/LEO coffee shop feel. IMO, Elmore's is the worst. I've bought 4 or 5 from there but I try to call ahead to check stock and get in and out as quick as possible. Just don't like the atmosphere there but prices are decent and will deal more so than a few other shops.
    I am happy to buy at GM, Walmart and any other store as long as they meet my price requirements. Worrying about store politics and policies are way down my list of things I'm going to get upset about.

Matt

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    I shop there.

I just don't buy there.

Selection that few other places can compete with. For hands on decision making, nobody can really beat it. Pricing dictates that I walk out after that however, and take my money elsewhere.

I'm sure their sales rely mostly on the people who don't know of where else to find guns.

Exactly!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I've pretty much stopped going in there. Everything I look at is a) too expensive, b) too expensive and, did I mention c) too expensive? I've always been able to find everything I need elsewhere!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Great place to try something on for size before plunking down hard earned coin the either have to learn to live with it or jump thru crazy hoops trying to return it.

ASD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2013
    Southside
    And if the prices were even semi-reasonable, maybe we would be buyers instead of lookers.

Exactly!! When I go looking its because I have an urge to acquire a new toy but when I'm met with way overpriced items I decide to keep my money or spend it elsewhere. I know alot of you have commented on the clothing and other items being good priced and maybe they are I honestly don't know because I have never looked in those sections of the store.

linc_man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    I went there last night and the place was empty for once, so I was able to see what I wanted to see and be on my way, before I was attacked by a mob of good looking girls.

sbond

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    Franklin
    I think bottom line is new is high great place to stop and look at selection. I have gotten some really great deals on several long guns and 1911 Springfield. It's hit and miss on deals

Top Bottom