• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Flannel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    At the Terre Haute Gander Mountain guns are price matched to any store within 40 miles.

A friend of mine tried the price match policy with a firearm from Gander Mountain. They refused when they checked and found out the store they were price matching didnt have any in stock. I find interesting that their used gun prices tend to be that of the same weapon new at other locations.

From a marketing stand point, I believe that they sell firearms to those who feel intimidated going into a smaller/local gun dealer. For some reason a large percentage feel more comfortable buying a big box store type entity even if they pay more to do it. And as others have already said, GM has a large amount of stock on hand to be viewed and handled.

Stay safe

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    What do I see in Gander Mountain? Convenience.

I haven't bought firearms there (though I paid $20 more or my M&P 22 than GM had it for the next week), but I've regularly bought accessories and supplies there for competitive prices.

...and for me, I just can't beat the location. Here is the view out my office window:

gn29.jpg

Last edited:

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    What do I see in Gander Mountain? Convenience.

I haven't bough firearms there (though I paid $20 more or my M&P 22 than GM had it for the next week), but I've regularly bought accessories and supplies there for competitive prices.

...and for me, I just can't beat the location. Here is the view out my office window:

gn29.jpg

That could be trouble for some of us with poor impulse control!

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    A friend of mine tried the price match policy with a firearm from Gander Mountain. They refused when they checked and found out the store they were price matching didnt have any in stock. I find interesting that their used gun prices tend to be that of the same weapon new at other locations.

From a marketing stand point, I believe that they sell firearms to those who feel intimidated going into a smaller/local gun dealer. For some reason a large percentage feel more comfortable buying a big box store type entity even if they pay more to do it. And as others have already said, GM has a large amount of stock on hand to be viewed and handled.

Stay safe

Edited to keep people from getting angry.

Last edited:

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The real reason why GM sells firearms and ammo at those prices is because people buy firearms and ammo at those prices. The market sets the price. Why hold that against GM?

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    The real reason why GM sells firearms and ammo at those prices is because people buy firearms and ammo at those prices. The market sets the price. Why hold that against GM?

im curious what they value trade ins at... because they charge $550 for a used gen 4 glock when you can get them for $525 new

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    "Fair" is a word that has lost all meaning....unless it refers to the place where the 4-H kids show what they've been working on.

Top Bottom