• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    So I have to ask, does anyone notice a vendor showing Nazi flags? What do they sell and what do you guys think? You can tell that this was my first Indy 1500 show...

That stuff is normally from the guys selling vintage war-era stuff. And like it or not, the Nazi stuff is historic and war-era.

starbury33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    That stuff is normally from the guys selling vintage war-era stuff. And like it or not, the Nazi stuff is historic and war-era.

I kinda ran off from that vendor when I saw it. I have to respectfully disagree on this. Nazi incites hatred and selling Nazi flags should be considered inciting.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I kinda ran off from that vendor when I saw it. I have to respectfully disagree on this. Nazi incites hatred and selling Nazi flags should be considered inciting.

I don't like the stuff either myself.

But we love our 2nd Amendment, and should love our 1st as well.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Crystalship1

NUTS!!!!
    Yep..... bought some of dem awesome cinnamon and sugar almonds. That's pretty much it for me......

I did a trade with another INGO member before I hit the door.
    I did not see anyone else in the INGO hat... although I was busy looking down
    at the tables they whole time while bouncing back and forth among the masses.

Triple Play on the Cinnamon Sugar almonds, pecans and cashews on the way out the door.

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana

They are selling WAR related materials. Do you have a problem with Nazi mauser's also being sold?

If you were really concerned with that type of thing, you'd be jumping the Book vendor selling "The Turner Diaries" along with his neo-nazi crap if you wanted to go after materials for "INCITING".

But once again, we live in AMERICA, we have a 1st amendment and also a 2nd.

If you think that is bad, wait for KNOB CREEK, several NAZI dealers with HUGE flags.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Another point to ponder: there are a lot of war re-enactments around the state. We have a friend that does WWII re-enactments, and "fights" on the German side (partially because of his family heritage, and partially because nobody ever wants to fight on the losing side, especially one with such a REALLY negative rap, so he does because *someone* has to or they couldn't put on the re-enactment). Re-enactors are responsible for getting their own gear and costumes, and unfortunately, German uniforms, guns, and flags are part of that "gear and costumes."

:dunno:

Just something to keep in mind. :)

skier11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Bainbridge
    Sunday at the 1500

I went to the 1500 again today (Sunday). I also went on Friday. Not nearly as many people on Sun as Fri. I took two guns to sell today. A lot of lookers but no buyers. Seemed to be that way in general for the 1,000 dollar range items. I talked with one dealer who was interested in one of my guns. He said he really wanted one of mine but had not sold one gun on Sunday as of about 4:00. I talked with several people with booths that said Saturday was packed like sardines. Busier than Fri.
    Oh well, I enjoyed my second trip as much as my first this year. I must be getting senile in my old age because I used to kinda hate going!?

gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground

I disagree. Selling Nazi flags does not incite hatred at least to me. I consider any war-era memorabilia as important historical reminders. They may be emotionally potent but hiding them or disallowing them eventually leads to ignorance. Seeing them privately or in public offers opportunity to talk about and educate especially younger generations.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    :D This was my first 1500. I got there about 15 minutes before the open on Friday and was blown away, but the line went in quickly. When I left, you could barely walk through the aisles. I thought many prices were high, but picked up a Yugo SKS (my first) in great condition. I was so happy about it that the rest of the show didn't matter. I'll try to post pictures soon. I can't wait to shoot it either... :ar15:

:noway: I'm bummed I didn't find the INGO table or the hats. I know more about what to look for next time and cannot wait until March's event.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    :noway: I'm bummed I didn't find the INGO table or the hats. I know more about what to look for next time and cannot wait until March's event.

Holy crap, are you kidding me?

THERE WAS NO TABLE OR HATS! (for about the 50th time!)

You people are just winding us up now, aren't you?

:mods:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

I would think it would depend on the manner in which they were presented. Besides....banning them would only stir more interest in the uninformed....kind of like telling a teenager they can't do this or that. But my old man would have kicked their a$$. ;)

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i think i may have started this hat RUMOR saying i will pick up my hat friday at the shot and i sincerrly appoligise to all mods and everyone who has been keeping up on the few forums that this has been mentioned on about 500 times:dunno:

PsYcHo SqUiRrEl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    Greenetucky
    I went with my brother on Saturday. I thought the prices were high and it was too crowded. This is the first Indy 1500 I've been too. If this is any indication of how they are I'll probably not be back. I think the last large show I was at was about 15yrs ago in Louisville. I thought it was a much better show overall.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    i think i may have started this hat RUMOR saying i will pick up my hat friday at the shot and i sincerrly appoligise to all mods and everyone who has been keeping up on the few forums that this has been mentioned on about 500 times:dunno:

haha, not a huge deal. No apologies required.

I (and looks like Scutter too) am just floored that in one single thread, like 10+ people asked the same question, and each one got a response. Yet, people still asked.

I don't think anyone reads any other posts in this thread except their own.

Oh well. . .

P.S. Doesn't Slacker get to join the A$$ club now??

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I went with my brother on Saturday. I thought the prices were high and it was too crowded. This is the first Indy 1500 I've been too. If this is any indication of how they are I'll probably not be back. I think the last large show I was at was about 15yrs ago in Louisville. I thought it was a much better show overall.

You should have come by the INGO table. We would have given you a good deal on a hat.

Top Bottom