• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I got a good deal on a Springfield TRP on Sun. Kept walking back to it toward the end of the show and couldn't resist. Just as I started filling out the paperwork someone else came to get it. :rockwoot:

TRP3.jpg

bartonmd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Mooresville/Camby
    Dad and I went on Saturday... Just got:

- 1k once-fired (tumbled, primers removed, crimps swaged) LC .223 brass for $90 (I know I could get it from Wideners for $80 shipped, but not swaging 1k primers is worth $10 to me)

- 200 30-30 brass, once fired for $28.00

- 500 Berry's plated 230gr RN .45 bullets for $65

- 1 Chi-Com flat top riser for my AR for $20

- one of those room-light fiber-optic bore lights (no batteries, just channels room light) for $3.00

If my wife hadn't gotten laid off, I'd have purchased an upper from the guy in the NW corner of the south-most room, on general principal alone... He was selling AR stuff (uppers mainly) for FAIR (before the election) prices... I got his attention and thanked him for not taking advantage. I tried to buy the riser from him, but he didn't have any.

Most everything else was WAY too expensive.

Mike

Blaze261

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Dad and I went on Saturday... Just got:

- 1k once-fired (tumbled, primers removed, crimps swaged) LC .223 brass for $90 (I know I could get it from Wideners for $80 shipped, but not swaging 1k primers is worth $10 to me)

- 200 30-30 brass, once fired for $28.00

- 500 Berry's plated 230gr RN .45 bullets for $65

- 1 Chi-Com flat top riser for my AR for $20

- one of those room-light fiber-optic bore lights (no batteries, just channels room light) for $3.00

If my wife hadn't gotten laid off, I'd have purchased an upper from the guy in the NW corner of the south-most room, on general principal alone... He was selling AR stuff (uppers mainly) for FAIR (before the election) prices... I got his attention and thanked him for not taking advantage. I tried to buy the riser from him, but he didn't have any.

Most everything else was WAY too expensive.

Mike

Do you have redish hair and had a backpack i think? Glasses maybe?

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    That guy would be Henk Iverson.

I was the Korean Hillbilly right across the aisle from Henk.We always have fun!:rockwoot: The parts guy from Iowa was pretty cool even when I was messing with him and his help.I was trying to find a Glock 19 but couldn't get away from the table.My son was disappointed I couldn't score one.

I guess I should post a pic of me so people know what I look like?:dunno: I figured everyone would know me.Hmmmm....

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    +1 for Henk. Never knew his name,but, I bought a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff from him at the previous show. I will always check his tables.

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    I was the Korean Hillbilly right across the aisle from Henk.We always have fun!:rockwoot: The parts guy from Iowa was pretty cool even when I was messing with him and his help.I was trying to find a Glock 19 but couldn't get away from the table.My son was disappointed I couldn't score one.

I guess I should post a pic of me so people know what I look like?:dunno: I figured everyone would know me.Hmmmm....

Were you in a blue shirt I think? Around the back of the SECOND room in the first isle all the way back?

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I was going to go to the most recent one, but made the decision not to, as I'm too close at this point deciding between an AR and PLR16 to see them without coming home with them. haha

Last season, my buddy picked up a nice Ruger .357 Police issue, beautiful gun

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Were you in a blue shirt I think? Around the back of the SECOND room in the first isle all the way back?

Well,in all actuality it's the third hall but yes,along the inner wall in the back.Iowa gun parts guy is against the back wall.I was across from Henk and next to Ammo Alley.Can't remember what color shirt I had on for any particular day.Asian dude.Tattoos on arms.Mustache.Tac BDU's.Typical smarmy look on my face.

MercopandmeattheIndy1500.jpg

Not your average Korean Hillbilly next to Mercop(George) at Raven Tactical's booth.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I bought an SUV load of AR mags (this show's mission). I got a bunch of PMags and CProducts, but the majority of them were Okays (the training mags). I did find brand new Colt 30 rounders, bought every single one.

In fact, I traded a Colt Diamond back for an s-load of used training mags (I'll put new springs and Magpuls in them). Did you guys see the ones for $8.00? They'll clean up just fine.:)

I also picked up 8 new in the wrap GI M14 mags, a synthetic militree sling, a couple of books, a Streamlight Thunder Ranch torch, a couple dozen knock-off Photon IIs, some .223 (near the Korean Hilljack), and I found, or rather The Blonde found a smoking hot deal on some Winchester 9mm JHPs. "Kirk, do you carry a 9 or a .45?" Yes.:D

I am very proud of myself in that I did not buy a single firearm. That's major discipline for the Kirkster.:D I had a list and wrote stuff down, I am extremely proud of myself.

I'm almost ready for the Barry Ban. I just want to snag a couple of Masadas when they come out.

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    Well,in all actuality it's the third hall but yes,along the inner wall in the back.Iowa gun parts guy is against the back wall.I was across from Henk and next to Ammo Alley.Can't remember what color shirt I had on for any particular day.Asian dude.Tattoos on arms.Mustache.Tac BDU's.Typical smarmy look on my face.

SNIP

Not your average Korean Hillbilly next to Mercop(George) at Raven Tactical's booth.

MEH, I call the third the 2nd, that "1st" hall doesn't count in my book :dunno:

Yea thats you, :):

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    I got enuff stuff to qualify for dealer discount with one of the show regulars. I paid right at $500 w/tax for my last chrome lined 14.5" M4 ar kit.

lilop

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I didn't buy any firearms, mainly because I knew I could get what I wanted cheaper somewhere else. I did, however, buy an awesome Ka-Bar U.S.M.C. fighting knife. Plain blade w/no serrations.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    For those of you who got the custom earplugs, what'd those cost? Were they silicone molded? I've seen kits online for $12 up to $120. If my wife can do it from a kit cheaply, I'd go for it. If the stuff done at the show is that much better, and not much more expensive, I'll have the pros take care of it.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    For those of you who got the custom earplugs, what'd those cost? Were they silicone molded? I've seen kits online for $12 up to $120. If my wife can do it from a kit cheaply, I'd go for it. If the stuff done at the show is that much better, and not much more expensive, I'll have the pros take care of it.
    He uses the E.A.R. Inc Insta-mold kits.
    Earinc/Insta-Mold - Insta-Mold Earplugs - custom molded hearing protection for shooting, motorcycling, swimming and industry ?
    He is a RN and knows his stuff. He has been making these for years. I think he charges 70-80 dollars but I cannot remember. I bought a set last year and I LOVE them. Great for rifle and pistol, indoor or outdoor.

Wesley929

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    NW INDY
    I went Saturday and priced shopped. Ammo was cheaper at walmart but I did find a NIB Kahr PM9 with Trijicon Night Sights for $608 out the door ($569 + tax). I'm quite impressed so far. Another 1000 rds or so through it and my carry permit should arrive in the mail. Another booth was asking $719 + tax for the same gun. I'm happy with it and would recommend it to anyone so far.

Top Bottom