What did Scutter01 make for dinner tonight?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    You mean the moron TV cook? I can't stand those shows. Why?
    she's the originator of the term "E.V.O.O." by the way, i loved the dead grandma humor.

p.s. 160 is waaay to hot for a steak, imo. that's over by a good 20-25 degrees. if i want jerky, i'll mess with sasquatch. but hey, you weren't cooking for me, so enjoy it.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    she's the originator of the term "E.V.O.O."
    You sure? I've been hearing my mom using that term since I was young.

p.s. 160 is waaay to hot for a steak, imo. that's over by a good 20-25 degrees. if i want jerky, i'll mess with sasquatch. but hey, you weren't cooking for me, so enjoy it.

Ach. Fat-fingered. I meant to type 140. Regardless, it's cooked Medium.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    That explains why I had never heard the term EVOO until a couple of years ago. I had read a recipe that that it in it and I had to look it up (or ask scutter) because I had no idea what it was. I don't watch her show or any other cooking show really.

The steak was fabulous though. As of right now I am glad we paid the extra money to get a good grill. Now if we could just keep a cover on it, we'll be in good shape. It's windy in our yard. Somehow the wind gets underneath the cover and blows it off even if the cover has been fastened together by the strings. You can't get it back on unless you unloosing the string.

I'm excited!!! We may be having kabobs tonight. :)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The steak was prepared with a simple seasoning of EVOO, cracked black pepper and coarse-grained sea salt, hand-rubbed into the meat and grilled to a perfect medium. I feel that I will be spending some quality time in the smallest room of the house a little later, though. I ate quite a lot. :D
    That's the best way to do up a steak. I do it the same way. Keep it simple and let the meat do the talking. :yesway:

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    You sure? I've been hearing my mom using that term since I was young.

Ach. Fat-fingered. I meant to type 140. Regardless, it's cooked Medium.
    ok, maybe she didn't originate it, but she brought it into mainstream use. and 140 is much better. i did see the medium designation, and was wondering about the 160 mark.

FatsMcKay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    IMHO, Ribeyes should be done medium or medium well. Just because the fat needs to render for it to be tender.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Tonight, we were all a little fragged by the heat and the day's activities so we decided to go simple and light. I took the opportunity to fire up the new Weber again and grilled up some burgers and hot dogs, along with some tasty corn on the cob. Yum a dum dum!

For the hot dogs, I went with the spiral cut that's been taking the 'webz by storm this week. I can't say that it was that big of a deal, but they did taste good and I guess they were fun to eat that way. Pictured here with just mustard.

The fresh bi-color corn was grilled in-husk and basted with a mixture extra-virgin olive oil (you happy now?), sea salt, cracked black pepper, nutmeg, and fresh minced garlic.

Topped off with a nice Yuengling and it was a fine summer Saturday meal.

QGEld.jpg

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Tonight, we were all a little fragged by the heat and the day's activities so we decided to go simple and light. I took the opportunity to fire up the new Weber again and grilled up some burgers and hot dogs, along with some tasty corn on the cob. Yum a dum dum!

For the hot dogs, I went with the spiral cut that's been taking the 'webz by storm this week. I can't say that it was that big of a deal, but they did taste good and I guess they were fun to eat that way. Pictured here with just mustard.

The fresh bi-color corn was grilled in-husk and basted with a mixture extra-virgin olive oil (you happy now?), sea salt, cracked black pepper, nutmeg, and fresh minced garlic.

Topped off with a nice Yuengling and it was a fine summer Saturday meal.

QGEld.jpg

What kinda hot dog is that? Guessing you are loving the grill too.:D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Offensive recipe removed. There will be no further updates to this thread. I'll not sit here and have obnoxiously rude people judge my cooking.

Last edited:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Hey now, I'm sure there's nothing wrong with it, and I'm generally the last person to care about presentation. :D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hey now, I'm sure there's nothing wrong with it, and I'm generally the last person to care about presentation. :D

I guess I just won't bother posting my recipes anymore, then, since they clearly offend you enough to trash-talk them. If you didn't care for it, you could have simply moved on to another thread.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I posted some of the meals I've cooked in case someone else might find them interesting enough to cook for themselves, not so I could be rudely insulted. Your comment was obnoxious and uncalled-for. I'll keep my recipes to myself from now on.

Top Bottom