What did Scutter01 make for dinner tonight?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Do you like Twinkies? Of course you do. Who doesn't? What about pie? What if...right?...what if you put the two together? Why, you'd have

Scutter01's Hillbilly Twinkie Pie

1 Box of Twinkies
    2 Boxes of instant vanilla pudding (3.5 oz size)
    3 1/2 Cups milk
    1 Can crushed pineapple, drained
    2-3 Bananas, sliced
    Cool Whip (don't cheap out and get canned whipped cream. C'mon, now.)
    Maraschino cherries
    Sprinkles

Put the pudding mix in a large bowl along with the milk and whisk for two minutes. Refrigerate until it sets up (about 30 minutes). We're looking for the pie-filling directions on the box, not the pudding directions, so it'll be a little less firm than pudding.

Start draining the pineapple so that it'll be thoroughly drained by the time the pudding is set.

Unwrap the Twinkies and slice them in half lengthwise on the vertical (so you have a left and right, not a top and bottom). Arrange the halves, filling-side up, in a 9x13 pan. The pan should comfortably fit nine of the ten Twinkies. You can either slice the tenth down a bit to fill in the gaps or you can just eat it when no one is looking. I promise not to tell.

Once the pudding is set, spread it over the Twinkies with a spatula. Top with the drained pineapple and then the sliced bananas. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours to finish setting the pudding. Serve cold topped with Cool Whip, cherries, and sprinkles. Can also add toasted coconut or powdered toasted coconut topping. Garnishing the plate with two or three 'Nilla Wafers also goes over well.

I will most assuredly have pictures this time. I just finished making this, though, so it's not ready to serve yet. I'll take pics later.

you forgot the bacon in that recipe. ( maybe you meant bacon sprinkles a.k.a. bacos )

sounds good
    twinkies plus pie=awesomeness

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Hey Scutter...is there ANYTHING you can do about buckingham's avatar? That's more disgusting than pretty much anything printcraft has put up--pretty much.

Yeah, I'm not sure if that is blue hair or two hats. I'm really hoping it's two hats. That's the kind of guy who would go around stomping on cars.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Thanks to Scutter01

I tried his Hillbilly Twinkie Pie this weekend and it was great!

The recipe was easy to assemble. I let it sit overnight to moisten everything up. Served it to guests. Everyone enjoyed it.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Tonight, I wanted something quick and light. I wasn't in the mood to spend all evening slaving over a hot stove, but I also wanted something a little different. I tried a new twist on an old favorite. These are a big hit with the Scutterses. Tonight, I bring you:

Scutter01's Inside-Out Grilled Cheese

sCxMg.jpg

Prep time: About 10 minutes

Ingredients:

• Bread
    • Some cheese
    • Butter
    • "Wipeout" by the Surfaris
    Directions:
    The end goal is to have melty cheese between two slices of bread, coated with crispy cheese on the outside.

Over medium-low heat, melt about a tablespoon or so of butter. Place two slices of bread into the pan. It is not necessary to pre-butter the bread. You may butter the cat, although that is not relevant to the recipe.

On one slice, affix the desired amount of cheese of your choice. In the photo, I used shredded cheddar, but you could use American slices (I wouldn't...), cheddar slices, swiss, etc. Allow both slices of bread to grill for a few seconds. The uncheesed slice should be warm on the bottom, but not necessarily toasted.

Flip the un-cheesed slice atop the cheesed one, with the butter-side facing skyward. Apply additional cheese of your choice to the top. Again, I used shredded cheddar, but I may use fresh Parmesan (not that powdered junk) for this next time as I lurves me some toasted Parmesan cheese. This layer should be thin-ish. One cheese thick, perhaps. The warmed butter should help to begin the melting process.

When the un-cheesed bottom has started to toast, flip the whole thing over. Now, cheese the new up-facing side as described in the previous section.

Allow the "bottom" cheese to start to crisp. This is important. Don't simply melt it. It needs to get slightly crispy and toasted, like those little hard bits around the edges of your pizza. When it's sufficiently toasted, flip it again and do the same to the other side of the sandwich.

When both sides are crispy, the inside should be nicely melted, giving you two similar flavors with very different textures. Serve with pickles, chips, and beer.

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    After almost two years with no grill, we finally broke down and bought a new Weber Genesis S310 this weekend with a little inheritance money we recently received. For those keeping score, dead grandma=new Weber. I loved my grammy and all, but I loves me a nice steak, too, so...thanks grams!

Dead grandma grill:
    x3O1A.jpg

16-oz Ribeye steak, baked Russet potato, and a generic salad with balsamic vinaigrette:
    cahCh.jpg

The steak was prepared with a simple seasoning of EVOO, cracked black pepper and coarse-grained sea salt, hand-rubbed into the meat and grilled to a perfect medium. I feel that I will be spending some quality time in the smallest room of the house a little later, though. I ate quite a lot. :D

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    After almost two years with no grill, we finally broke down and bought a new Weber Genesis S310 this weekend with a little inheritance money we recently received. For those keeping score, dead grandma=new Weber. I loved my grammy and all, but I loves me a nice steak, too, so...thanks grams!

Dead grandma grill:
    x3O1A.jpg

16-oz Ribeye steak, baked Russet potato, and a generic salad with balsamic vinaigrette:
    cahCh.jpg

The steak was prepared with a simple seasoning of EVOO, cracked black pepper and coarse-grained sea salt, hand-rubbed into the meat and grilled to a perfect medium. I feel that I will be spending some quality time in the smallest room of the house a little later, though. I ate quite a lot. :D

That's horrible, yet funny! :):

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

Dead grandma grill:
    x3O1A.jpg

cahCh.jpg

Guess who's cooking at the next NWI M&S :)

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    ... I feel that I will be spending some quality time in the smallest room of the house a little later, though. I ate quite a lot. :D

You ate so much that you are going to send yourself to the closet? Somewhat Draconian? It is alright, enjoy your food. There is no need for guilt or shame...

What a nice grill. Good for you. My Lady and I went another route so if it is stolen(I refuse to put it up after each use) the loss would be bearable.

Top Bottom